SourDough Breads

This is the pic of the SanFran sourdough culture,active just before use and the days baking results:puffpuffpass: hmmmm nice aroma....

Attachments

• IMG_1814 (2).jpg
    IMG_1814 (2).jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1819 (2).jpg
    IMG_1819 (2).jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1
just curious GP..thats a lot of bread for one person..do you freeze some of it.?.

looks delicious..

Thanx for droping in rosso,they are aprox 8x2= 16-17 lbs wet and yes,I freeze all but 2 for my own use....this bake I have also as usual used Kamut,Farro and Teff berries milled as un-milled are hard on my digestive track...:puffpuffpass:

These are my plants at present,ouside an unknown(suspect WhiteKrush) plant likes the location and inside the two on the left are Skunkberry and PanamaPower than OrangeHill jamaican and SourTangie x Pineapple x Tahoe OG puffpuff..... :puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1822 (2).jpg
    IMG_1822 (2).jpg
    296 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1832 (2)_LI.jpg
    IMG_1832 (2)_LI.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 3
That poor WhiteKrush is in for a terminal experience very shortly when the frosts hit:mpfoot:

I took the previous pic 24 hrs ago and before -1C frost no wind...tonite calling for 43F

It appears to be suffering on the side closest to camera it was not covered up,the sunny side looks a OK..... but the tomatoes were covered up and yet they too are drooping as are some of my patio flowers also not covered,catnip looks like it shrunk...lol...c'est la vie,eh..puffpuffffff......:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1834 (2).jpg
    IMG_1834 (2).jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 4
More we change,more we stay the same...lol....thanx BushDr. for the starter recipie and it works good too....

I am happy to report that "unknown" plant is NOT showing any harm from the last nites frost,only the petunias are sore grrr....everybody is a OK....:puffpuffpass:

Thanx for posting the 00 flour and the SD cultures write ups,its good to get educated to different ways to bake sourdough breads etc.....just imagine 4000 + years ago already baking breads,probably flat/pizza style breads and you screwed up your bread but you learned from it puffpufff....:puffpuffpass:

Grain from my area did win a best grain award at the Chicago World Expo in 1893-ish or so.....

Results of todays baking,,,,,I used store bought whole wheat flour for comparison reason with my grain berrries,the gluten setting was poor but in the end it worked out....
I am somewhat suprised by the vigorous SanFran SD culture,it works really good yeaaa....pleasant aroma too,,,puffpufff....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1878 (2).jpg
    IMG_1878 (2).jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1877 (2).jpg
    IMG_1877 (2).jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Looks great GP........slow cooked all day fava beans-ham Hocks needed for slop up........lol.....

just finished up a Italian sausage/peppers/mozzarella sammy from local been here forever Italian deli.....

now a fatty of old Congo/THH to finish up Gators/Canes game........

best in eve amigo......

Practising with different whole wheat flour and 450F bake temp....it was supposed to be a french baguettes but its too wide and thick,next time... puffpuffff....:puffpuffpass:

Attachments

• IMG_1899 (2).jpg
    IMG_1899 (2).jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 0
bit off topic

but making samosa's now

had to make self rising flour..i love em

6 tablespoons of butter 9 of water..tricky

just not too much water

lots of garam marsala

ingredients

i fried them.. was gonna bake but nah..

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup olive oil
2/3 cup water, plus more for shaping the dough
FOR FRYING:

Enough olive, vegetable or canola oil to fill a frying pan 2″

FOR FILLING:

About 1½ cups of the filling of your choice

Step 1:

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In another large bowl, whisk the oil and water together.

Step 2:

Pour the oil/water mixture slowly into the dry mixture, stirring as you pour. Mix until the dough comes together into a slightly shaggy but cohesive mixture.

Switch to your hands and knead in the bowl for about 1 minute, to make the dough more cohesive and pliable. Form into a disc, wrap with plastic and let the dough sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.

Step 3:

Remove the dough from its wrapping and divide it into 16 equal portions.[imade 10 big ones] Roll each portion into a ball.

rab a portion of dough, and fold in one corner. Slightly moisten the top of the folded-in corner, then fold the second half inward, “sealing” the dough with your fingers. Now, you’ve got a little cone to fill with your fillings — fill it about 2/3 of the way. Then, moisten the open edges of the dough with water and seal it closed.

Now, your samosas are ready to go. Choose your own adventure in terms of how to cook them!

Attachments

• IMG_4210.jpg
    IMG_4210.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4212.jpg
    IMG_4212.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Samosa picture and a recipe would be nice...are you frying or baking them?....:puffpuffpass:

bit off topic

but making samosa's now

had to make self rising flour..i love em

6 tablespoons of butter 9 of water..tricky

jus tnot too uch water

lots of garam marsala

Back