So What's On The Menu For Christmas Dinner?

Snookster

I have ordered a #3 lb. Spiral Ham (love those, wish I could cook it) it will include fresh picked Green Beans
Russet Mashed Potatoes (my own recipe) Fresh carrots, onions, red & green peppers, Sweet Potatoes &
Mountain Bread.

I going to bake my very 1st Pumpkin Pie! Cheating on all of it, of course.

I have pans, fresh pie dough and Pumpkin Pie Filling. Easy Peasy.....

Mine is a simple dinner. I have many blessings to be Thankful for. And I humbly acknowledge that.

So.....What's on YOUR Menu?

I'll invite you down here to S.W. Florida for a Christmas Dinner that is still alive & Kickin"!! Haha

Hope it's better than that Brother.

I will be fine Brother Snookster. We do our Christmas on the night before. We prepare a feast for the family. On Christmas day Mrs Pute and I take it easy and relax. This year we might go over to my daughters house and watch some football. Don't ever worry about Pute not getting fed..... Same thing happens on New Years.

A nice break from the cold would be nice however.

going to have to give it some thought..usually just go out for Chinese and a movie on Christmas eve and eat the leftovers on Christmas day..the Chinese restaurant is so crappy here in town might decide to cook something at home..maybe live Dungeness crab or mussels with pasta in a cream sauce..

Snook, those spiral hams need to be covered in tin foil and just reheated..they dry out quick and turn into rubber..
never cared much for pumpkin pie..I recommend a cheese cake from Juniors cheese cake from Brooklyn..good delivery and just as good as mine and saves me 4 hours of baking..

The usual , ham , mashed `taters n gravy , green beans and maybe corn with some home made yeast rolls . Typical Christmas fare .
peace

Only the wife & I so we had family come up for Thankxgiving so we won't do anything B.I.G. for Christmass & will end up get a free dinner plate from the Hospital or a church & still got servings of the Corn Bread dressing frozen for just such a occation & that will put a smile on my face .. Yummm :drool:

Spiral ham with trimmings here. And as many pumpkin pies as I can get down, already polished off 3 since thanks giving no one else In The house likes um.

I luv good food, so I feel very fortunate that my brother likes to splurge on two x-mas meals. :)

X-mas eve is seafood...it could be any combination of: muscles, crab, lobster, shrimp, and/or salmon...whatever he is taking a fancy to at the time. Likely to be accompanied with hot buttered noodles and a veggie side like broccoli or asparigus.

X-mas day is prime rib roast...pops brings garlic mashed potatoes...maybe a dinner salad if bro is feeling ambitious.

Not cool I g so I don’t know yet. I hope there will be spiral ham though. My favorite. That’s the cool thing about having young kids, nobody expects you to do anything.

"Jiggs Dinner is a old Newfoundland boiled meal, made with fresh grown vegetable's and salt beef or salt pork ribs." Do you use salt beef or salt pork? For the most part it reminds me of a New England Corned Beef W/boiled veggies and potatoes.

All in all looks and sounds wonderful!!

A good ole jigs dinner would be nice .
For those of u whom dont know pic and vids on hows its done .
HERE

"Jiggs Dinner is a old Newfoundland boiled meal, made with fresh grown vegetable's and salt beef or salt pork ribs." Do you use salt beef or salt pork? For the most part it reminds me of a New England Corned Beef W/boiled veggies and potatoes.

All in all looks and sounds wonderful!!
Sure is and we use both beef and pork

Back