Side by side, Soiless vs Sensi Soil premix

Love a nice side by side, no better way to get great info other then serious note taking..

I too grow organically and always have.. and yes, yields can be bigger but when you smoke my weed you really see the difference. I can pick my shit early and it's still better then what is sold around here. Of course some strains just taste bad which I've had recently in Sour Hound... yuck. lol.

I've used Sub's Super Mix and for a small grower it's just not necessary and found the mix a little hot. Tried the Promix bales and did the pure coco thing for years...

Roots Organics finally did what I wanted... like you I did a side by side with no foods used and using their line of organic foods. Not a big enough difference to justify all the foods I used.. however, one or two of them do make a big difference in plant health and bushes them out big time... Surge, Extreme Serene & Trinity.. feeding the soil and not the plant.. hehe.

Your plants sure look wonderful, you can see the love that goes into them bro..

I really liked the roots organic product line. I still have some of their dry veg and bloom that I use to balance any issues I see.
In my first few grows with soil only I vegged too long with out additional veg ingredients. Had a ton of yellowing 4 weeks in.
So i now veg in smaller pots and replant into fresh soil for bloom. It helps jeep them green. If not I add a pinch on roots organic as top dress and it helps a lot. Haven’t had to do that past 2 runs.
I’ve been making seed and breeding the ESBxHK into a workable line. The plants love the soil they are in. It shows.
Peace

I have the most success starting them in 1gal nursery pots, plastic, and transplanting into a 3gal felt pot. This seems to build a nice root foundation and then when they go into the felt pots they begin to get air pruned.. this combo seems to make the plants blast about 2wks after the up potting...

Been making seeds myself but kinda shut down right now.... so what is that? ESBxHK

I have the most success starting them in 1gal nursery pots, plastic, and transplanting into a 3gal felt pot. This seems to build a nice root foundation and then when they go into the felt pots they begin to get air pruned.. this combo seems to make the plants blast about 2wks after the up potting...

Been making seeds myself but kinda shut down right now.... so what is that? ESBxHK

Ot1’s ESB X bigislandbud’s (Blue Heaven x Sugar Klingon)
Peace.

Update.
Picked up 3 bags of the KIS water only soil with biochar.
The consistency is a bit better than the regular KIS that had huge chunks of pumice that caused the pots to dry pretty fast.
The biochar seems to being the grain size of the mix to a more consistent size.
I planted 4 seedlings in a big planter to test and already noticed a huge jump in size and vigor.
I have 18 more seedlings to plant in this same style. One planter will be sensi soil the others will be KIS with biochar.

Attachments

• BD4F7CFC-44D7-45D4-8238-5651F7B9292A.jpg
    BD4F7CFC-44D7-45D4-8238-5651F7B9292A.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1
I ordered KIS's water only soil version 4 or 5 years ago, and honest to god, it smelled so bad (like a real nasty bag of steer manure) that I had to toss it. I'm sure it would have worked great but I couldn't get past the smell.

What is this version like, Joe?

It shouldn't have any smell but rich soil.Everything should be well composted. Something must have happened to your bag.

The bags I get have NO SMELL.

Update.
SOS. same old Shit.
All is well with the KIS biochar to start the plants. I still add some sensi soil to the bottom of the pot when I xplant before bloom.
GSC forum cut doesn’t like this mix as much as everyother cultivar in the garden.
Most plants finish dark green and ready to smoke smooth after just a short drying period. We still don’t use bottled ANYTHING. Smokable before cure. It’s amazing.
GSC seems to get a deficiency 4-5 weeks in bloom. I think next round I’ll try ONLY KIS for the GSC plants.
I don’t have any pics to post but...
We are growing a bunch of our own hybrids and some clones from IN-HOUSE and Annunaki Genetics. It’s been an exciting year.
When I get back to the ranch I’ll get on my PC and post some pics.
:catchawave::puffpuffpass:

I was surprised when I opened the bags of Biochar that they had zero smell. At all. I was expecting something earthy. My plants sure love it, though. It's the best I've tried. Thanks for your review that lead me to buy it.

I was surprised when I opened the bags of Biochar that they had zero smell. At all. I was expecting something earthy. My plants sure love it, though. It's the best I've tried. Thanks for your review that lead me to buy it.

you are very welcome

trying to post pics

Attachments

• oaxacansmall.jpg
    oaxacansmall.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 3
Anyone heard of Kelp4Less?

https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/bloom-pack/

I used some of their Bud Hardener on my outdoor sativas. The buds were much tighter than what I got before. Not as tight as a nice Puna Budder nug, but the sats were not nearly as light & airy as I was getting.

They have a lotta good stuff. Not real pricey, plus most of their stuff only takes 1tsp per gal of water.

ZZ

Back