Shov 2019 Summer Outdoor

It's a girl.

The tall hemp plant is female. Cool. Pulled two males, IDed two females, continue to check and cull daily.
DSCN2638.JPG

MAF with the white mold issue is gone. Just as well, I planted the three MAF too close together and this one was in the middle.
Feed the pot and hemp each Sunday. Aminos, molasses and Botanicare bloom.

removed another 6 males from the hemp patch. Most of teh rest have not shown yet.
The auto afghan ryder are done, I pulled a tiny one and trimmed it. I'll get to the other three next and then start with the indoor harvest.
A coon climbed on the plant at the composter and broke off a branch. The two MAF are looking nice as are the two volunteers. I trimmed the lower branches on the MAF to keep crawlies off and let more air in.

Took in the rest of the runt autos, they are done according to instructions. And rot issues.

Trimmed off their leaves, only one tiny rot. Buds generally are not finished, lose and leafy. Shitty. Nothing to do but dry, cure and try it. Make something of it someway. Smells nice right now, very sticky.

Friend's crop from the same order. Was supposedly GG4 Auto. But after a few weeks waiting... no buds, the plants are huge and are still not sexed. He called and they will replace the seed with something else. Pffttt.

Meanwhile, the 2 MAF are tall and loose and doing great. 2 meters plus in height. Hemp are still not done showing sex. But are growing very nicely. Volunteers are budding up and over 2 meters.

BTW, the runts were dirty as hell as they are on the ground. I hosed the shit outta them and still dirty. At least they will fit inna dishpan. :pissed:

Last edited:
Bro, you should of been running some of my Miss Piggy or Gabagoo.. sucks when I hear of an Auto grow going so chitty..

I can highly recommend a strain: By breeder "Stitch" Look for a strain called "Kush Van Stitch" .. it grew 4ft spears on
every plant covered in resin... I bought an 8pk of regular seeds and somehow got all females and one crapped out..

I hope these were just side plants and not your total grow man.. Making more seeds with a buddy atm.. hope things get
better for ya... cheers

thanks, Carty. Yut, these midgets suck. The calyxes stopped growing, no new pistils and the leaves around the bud are really all there is for 'bud'. I grew AK-47 and BG autos outdoors and they went 4 feet and produced nicely. MAF I grew before also had mad mold and rot issues, never again. I have over half pound from last year's harvest and lots of other stuff in jars. Some hash. Still a couple weeks for the indoor grow and outdoors there are the two MAF and two volunteers which are tall and putting out bud.

Next indoor I'll try using dispensary clones to see if I can get a run without SEED. I have no light leaks... Or friends who clone or friends with good genetics period.

Of the 7 pack of Afghan Auto Ryder seed from World of Seeds, six cracked, five produce a viable seedling and four survived the first two weeks in the garden. I harvested at about day 68 or so. Total of 104 grams of leaf and dirt (some little bud constituents in there someplace). I'll let it finish drying/curing and see if it's worth the effort to clean down to rolling material and smokes any good. Otherwise it's just so much duff for the trim bag. :(

BTW, the MAF growing right next to these are doing outstanding, larger and better than previous grows of MAF. The volunteers out of the garden are outstanding. The corn in the next row are also killing it. So the garden and rain / sun are not the issue.

I would not recommend this variety or World of Seeds based on this experience.

Last edited:
Mid August

This is when most bag variety pot plants show sex here. These pot plants are pretty far along. The MAF were started indoors back in May. The volunteers are further along. Good for them! Hemp have had almost a dozen males removed. Only one (tall pheno) has female flowers, one or two others have preflowers.

This volunteer was from bubblebag debris. Could be from seed I gifted and later they came and made hash or Girl Scout Cookies we made hash for a friend. DSCN2652.jpg

Volunteer in front of composters. Could be a So Cal MK x OG crossed with hemp pollen? We will test and see. DSCN2654.JPG

Two MAF trimmed of ground branches. DSCN2655.JPG

Hemp DSCN2656.JPG

I goes out to shake down the bushes after it had rained most of the day. I found white mold on the tip of a MAF branch, here we go again. I did just buy a quart of Serenade concentrate and I have a 2 gallon fruit tree sprayer, so the battle is on. I'll freshen up after any showers or at least weekly. Good luck!

Made a Lot of memories in corn fields and glad you are making some on the sidelines lol Good on ya friend :wave2:

Late August

So the autos sucked. But here's what is good so far.

Two Volunteers. One next to the corn field, one under the composter.

DSCN2660.jpg DSCN2662.jpg

DSCN2663.jpg DSCN2664.jpgDSCN2659.jpg

MAF

Broke a few branches shaking the water offn the shorter one of the two this am. Tough life in the garden.
These are prone to rot so keep them dry and inoculated.

DSCN2671.jpg DSCN2672.jpg

DSCN2666.jpg DSCN2667.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg DSCN2669.jpg

DSCN2670.jpg DSCN2673.jpg

Love these you got on the edge of the cornfield & puts a whole different style to the situation for those of us that spent so much time in the corn doing gorilla growing cause hiding in plain site became a exciting thing ! :dunno:

Funny story but I feel a closeness being in the cornfield no matter daylight or night as planting when it is small you really have to remember your numbers & rows cause later on when the corn is way over your head you can get disoriented so if you want to find all your goldmine better be right and count . But most of my friends were scared being in their in the night but as I was counting 150 rows in & holding my arms up to spread the corn as the pollen gets heavy but I was not so quiet spreading rows and all of a sudden I heard something and thought might be the DNR trying to set me up but even more of a R.U.S.H. Heard this major rustling & this sound blasted out & I wasn't sure what was about to befall on me but my pipes opened up and bloodflow was on overload then I realized that had walked up on about 4 or 5 deer that was sleeping in the middle of this corn and they snorted & jumped spreading in all directions since they wasn't sure what I was but moving up on them quick and those snorting & breaking corn around them to escape left a impression on me was not forgotten soon after hahahhahaaha like harvesting in the hard rain so can make noise and just blends in with the hard hitting rain .. :exactly:

Funny story but I feel a closeness being in the cornfield no matter daylight or night as planting when it is small you really have to remember your numbers & rows cause later on when the corn is way over your head you can get disoriented so if you want to find all your goldmine better be right and count . But most of my friends were scared being in their in the night but as I was counting 150 rows in & holding my arms up to spread the corn as the pollen gets heavy but I was not so quiet spreading rows and all of a sudden I heard something and thought might be the DNR trying to set me up but even more of a R.U.S.H. Heard this major rustling & this sound blasted out & I wasn't sure what was about to befall on me but my pipes opened up and bloodflow was on overload then I realized that had walked up on about 4 or 5 deer that was sleeping in the middle of this corn and they snorted & jumped spreading in all directions since they wasn't sure what I was but moving up on them quick and those snorting & breaking corn around them to escape left a impression on me was not forgotten soon after hahahhahaaha like harvesting in the hard rain so can make noise and just blends in with the hard hitting rain .. :exactly:

Yut. A couple times animals and I jump each other. Came to the end of a row right into a buck turning the corner toward me. Face to face. BOO! Ha another jump in the woods on the edge of the corn. Face to face but it grunted and bolted away in a flash. Bear likely. Before the corn fields were edged with hedge rows or stone, brush and trees. Always something jumping out of them, puddle ducks, partridge, doves and other birds. The snapping turtles are no surprise...usually!

great pics Shov......a relaxing sort of feel......hope stays dry for ya......thanks for sharing.....

thanks Uni........

ganj on...........

Yut, interested myself. a friend who thinks her male flowers contain the seeds tells me, "it looks like sour diesel"

ah, stfu.

impressive volunteer

I hope this girl has a great future. I did not see this plant until a couple weeks ago, it towered over the corn and was in full bloom. I noticed as I ws curious about the brush being all packed down in spots... Deer? or blowdowns from a strong storm that occurred? This plant cam up among thick burdock (skunk cabbage?), goldenrod, ground weeds and the corn field. Determined damn weed. I love it.
Rain last night, today and showers tomorrow. The donkey dong kola will never stand tall again, I'm afraid. Just fat, floppy and frosty.
Not a leafy bitch either and the pistils are colorful and she smells good.

DSCN2658.jpg

DSCN2657.jpg

Back