Shov 2019 Summer Outdoor

Shovelhandle

There are three MAF planted today that were started indoor. Also seven auto seed in cups. Stay tuned. :dunno:

Planted the crepe leafed MAF outdoors as it needs help. May not amount to much though. Got the rest of the small garden in, row of corn, two rows tomato, row of peppers, row of eggplant and a row of cukes and two hills of summer squash. Six of seven auto seed are up and 24 hemp seeds in cups, most are up. Weather is calling for a violent storm w/possible large hail. Fucking perfect. Cold and shitty today, just like me. Garden was tilled well a couple weeks ago but rain balled up the soil so hard balls and muddy right now. Can't rake or break it up, back is fucked. But I got all that in and I'm done for a while.
Ordered Aminos and dry hi-brix molasses.

DSCN2456_edited.jpg

I got the six autos into the ground, sorry little sprouts. One had a collapsing stem so may have a problem. The soil is saturated and clumpy. Put a plastic collar around each and watered in. I had a hell of a time lately with back and shoulder and getting these in had to happen. Still have 25+ hemp plants in cups, the gardens need cultivating and mulching.

Three of the four autos. Not in cups, just a collar as they were so small going into the ground.
DSCN2491.jpg

Three MAF starting to root into the soil and stretch up a bit.
DSCN2490.jpg

28 Hemp plants (same age as autos) Last few seasons these seed produce a high percentage of female.
DSCN2489.jpg

Mouse has had back problems since...well, i suppose @ the fourth grade. (first day with first horse resulted in two broken arms) The shoulder pain is starting to be a regular visitor, too. Neither of these conditions help with dirt work, that is for sure. Though, if we had hemp and meds growing (probably never) in the three gardens, it sure would make getting out there to weed a lot more enticing.

I did one Auto outdoors so far this Summer, as an experiment mostly, to see
how it handled the Fla. Sun. Started indoors under Cree lights, then into a one Gal. pot.
This one def. liked the Sun. Strain was Auto Blue Diesel, by Advanced Seeds. I went as
far as I know how to go, to keep it all Organic. Used Roots Organic soil, R. O. Ferts.
and the Fla. Sun. I calculate around 63 days before I cut her down.
She has a very sweet smell in a blue Qt. jar. However, it seems to be bone dry.
I'm putting a piece of lettuce in the jar tonight to see if I can bring back some of the
juices in the strain.

Anyways, best of luck on your outdoor grow. I promise to follow your log.

Snook

DSCN2556.jpg

Plants are about six weeks from seed now. Notice the one tall plant in the middle left. I'm guessing it may be male? The only male, maybe, hopefully.

soil is New England, stoney with a decent % sand, clay and organic matter. It can clump up a little but I add more organic matter each season. If I had a drainage issue I would add sand but it's fine, almost everything does well. I added 4 - 80# composted, dried manure and a pile of home compost this spring. Garden is mulched with twelve pack carboard stock covered with straw. This breaks down over winter and is tilled in with nutrients. I don't fuss really, it's a small plot. Mulching keeps weeding down and shoes clean. Weeding is important, I think.

I do feed liquid nutrients (organic listed) to the cannabis and hemp - Botanicare Grow, NPK amino acid and NPK molasses each week. Calmag, Silica once so far. Like the indoor nutrients but without LK. Also Grow to the veggies and also cal mag to the peppers and tomatoes.

The three MAF - one had an attack that left the top 68" dead. Bark was bleached and mushroom like nodes on the stem. That plant is 3' (memory), very dense and into flowering with trics. The other two are 4-5 foot and show signs of reverting to veg, though they never went beyond preflower. New leaves have 3 or 4 fingers. They are stretching and looking very good. The 4 true autos are budding and midgets 12-16". Does not look promising but we'll see.

Last edited:
got it only a half dozen years or so ago. I ran it once or twice and hope to do it right this time. Very prone to bud rot and corn borer damage. I need to get fresh Serenade and get the branches off the ground and sticky tape the trunks.

Hemp

No flowers yet. One very tall pheno of 27 0r so nice, healthy plants.

DSCN2638.JPG

As many as 13 leaf sections some very wide leaves

DSCN2640.JPG

DSCN2639.JPG

DSCN2641.jpg

Another volunteer, female! Not sure which batch of weed or trim this sourced from though. GSC or a kush or other.

Back