Shov 2019 Summer Outdoor

First Taste MAF

I have the one indoor plant I kept. It is good and stoney, not harsh, not tasty. I had one outdoor MAF get a top busted off when I shook the rain off too aggressively. So it dried in the shed and I rolled a joint. Still high moisture so doesn't keep lit. But 2-3 hits and I got high. Very good and high. Sprayed all the pot plants again today. If I can keep the mold off it will be a Winner. Maybe two weeks to go for the MAF and the volunteer in the corn. The vol is an easy trim. I should start deleafing the MAFs. So prone to rots and molds it would help, plus trimming would go quicker.

One large bottom branch on MAF busted to the ground. tied it back up. Volunteer at composter was on ground (oh ya, big rain and winds). Tied that to composter. all's well.

The Afghan Ryder Kush autos were puny bitches but they contributed to a nice 10G wad of hash. Has morsels of other stash I threw in this the auto's fresh froze trim and popcorn (pretty much have the same in jars, doesn't trim pretty. ragged.) But this is some nice smoke. The other, what is left from fresh frozen trim hash of the indoor SFV x PTK seed party.

DSCN2691.jpg

Hemp Queen

Mrs is very low on hemp so I took the top 4' or so of the queen, trim and drying. Loaded with ripe seed (where the fuck to seeds come from? Males were caught before they had a chance, no hermies found. But it's sticky and smelly. So the rest of the plants never showed flowering until 3-4 weeks ago, the queen had a month start on that. THey are budding up better than the queen and are looking promising for Oct.

Trimmed half of the second MAF yesterday, try to finish that today. No more of that variety. I did manage to save them from mold and rot but the bud is all leaf. I don't know how the MAF and the two vols will shake out in the end but the MAF is just not what I want. I grew them out for other people to grow outdoors this year. I know they have had success getting them to grow a bit but the final result is not in. I am looking for new auto flower and quick flower varieties for next season. Flavor and aesthetics are priorities.

lots of work but the MAF did produce well. 12 oz and 22.5 oz dry bud. It did involve a lot of trimming down to little nugs but the product is nice, easy to prepare for joint or bowl. Smells like a light lemon solvent. Good taste, even before a cure.
The corn volunteer trimmed out to large, rounded nugs, Piney smell. I have not smoke it yet as it is still in the paper bag drying.
The composter volunteer is going to be some fucking high test. We smoked a joint the other day and another today from some bud that got broken off 2-3 weeks ago. And it rocked our world. Smell is light, a little piney. The plant is finishing in the shed and is a lot further along than the sample. It it nice sized, 8.5 ft, and structured more like the MAF.

The two volunteers weigh 12 oz and 21 oz bud. The micro autos was not much, forget maybe 4 oz. traded some and cooked with some. The MAF that was started between the other two was cut early and made into 10g hash.

The hemp top that was cut had a lot of seed somehow. But it did make a very good product (powedered, decarbed bud). It along with same w/thc has been super effective for my wife since her surgery. I use it to get to sleep (thc edible can often keep me up).
The rest of that plant, which bolted up twice as high and flowered a month or more earlier than all the others has ripened and is very pungent, delicious. The others look nice, same buds and size but not as ripe or smelly (same smell though). Buds are all nice size and airy, which is good. I have not sprayed them for mold. One plant at each end of the plot are purpling in leaf and bud. I hope to leave them until a threat of killing frost, which isn't forecast for the week.

The Afghan Ryder Kush autos were puny bitches but they contributed to a nice 10G wad of hash. Has morsels of other stash I threw in this the auto's fresh froze trim and popcorn (pretty much have the same in jars, doesn't trim pretty. ragged.) But this is some nice smoke. The other, what is left from fresh frozen trim hash of the indoor SFV x PTK seed party.

View attachment 326960

Well done on the hash, looks like it is holding together well. How old is the Kodak tin can?

thank you. It did press very easily. The small ball was not so oily so I did a small run of quiso and pressed it all together.
Each are pretty good smoke.

Kodak, I dunno. Old 8mm movie film, I would guess. It was in a junk drawer, someplace sometime ago.

Hemp

Hemp is finishing. The bottom half of the 10' plant is trimmed and drying. Plenty of bugs hanging on the plants. See a few opportunistic ladybugs. Go get 'em. I will let the cold weather shed the rest of the bugs before I harvest. No cold weather in the 10 day outlook.

The corn all gone. House and vehicles, filthy. Front lawn, choking from fodder off the trucks. Samo samo every year. Sometimes they spread manure and till in the fall, sometimes it doesn't happen. If I wash the house and windows they will do it in the fall before Nov 1st, I think. I washed the vehicles, taking a risk.

Hemp.
DSCN2735.jpg
DSCN2734.jpg
DSCN2733.JPG
DSCN2732.JPG
DSCN2731.jpg
DSCN2730.jpg

Hemp lab test results

hemp tested at about 2.5% THCa and zero CBD. Now curious as to what effect my wife may experience with proper raw hemp flowers. Will have to wait a while until present indoor hemp is harvested and dried.

hemp tested at about 2.5% THCa and zero CBD. Now curious as to what effect my wife may experience with proper raw hemp flowers. Will have to wait a while until present indoor hemp is harvested and dried.

Nice job as always Shov.

Please do report her thoughts on the hemp. Had some last year that was very relaxing. No test, but felt like minor thc with no cbd. It didnt really do anything for pain.

Thanks.

peace, crew

Nice job as always Shov.

Please do report her thoughts on the hemp. Had some last year that was very relaxing. No test, but felt like minor thc with no cbd. It didnt really do anything for pain.

Thanks.

peace, crew

mrs uses hemp every day. it kicked her ass for a while but now more acclimated to it. at this point her pain is post op nerve pain, feels like muscle cramps/spasms. hemp relaxes her and the pain is reduced a lot. we have both tried various quality cbd preparations for different ass aches and have yet to hit on the right combo.

mrs uses hemp every day. it kicked her ass for a while but now more acclimated to it. at this point her pain is post op nerve pain, feels like muscle cramps/spasms. hemp relaxes her and the pain is reduced a lot. we have both tried various quality cbd preparations for different ass aches and have yet to hit on the right combo.

Yeah, thats it. Trying to find the combo. I love burning isolate in an oil rig. Instant pain relief (neuropathy) but it only lasts an hour at most. Mixing high cbd hemp like AC/DC with average outdoor Big Bang had decent results the other day. CBD/THC ratio was, guessing, prolly 1/1 - 1/1.2 at most. It was odd not getting buzzed like BB by itself. I want to eventually make say a 50/50 kief to low temp burn in my rig. Seems the terpenes play an important role also.I dont know, in the end its only our life we're playing with right. It sucks, all the unknown experimenting.
:puffpuffpass:
peace

Yeah, thats it. Trying to find the combo. I love burning isolate in an oil rig. Instant pain relief (neuropathy) but it only lasts an hour at most. Mixing high cbd hemp like AC/DC with average outdoor Big Bang had decent results the other day. CBD/THC ratio was, guessing, prolly 1/1 - 1/1.2 at most. It was odd not getting buzzed like BB by itself. I want to eventually make say a 50/50 kief to low temp burn in my rig. Seems the terpenes play an important role also.I dont know, in the end its only our life we're playing with right. It sucks, all the unknown experimenting.
:puffpuffpass:
peace

we eat the herb mostly. sometimes in a bakery item and often just a tsp of the fine, decarbed herb and water chaser. yut, takes a while to act but it lasts a good six hours.

Back