Should it go or should it stay

Follow up to previous post.

I have a Jackie O a couple of days short of 6 weeks with two to go. I looked high and low on this plant, even with a magnifying glass and can't see any signs of nanners. I will bet a dollar to a dime this girl will have some seeds and nanners will appear on about day 60. Nanners stand out like a sore thumb and I can spot them easily but I sure can't find any now.
you have other gals in there ?
Larfy means sat based IMO and thats means touchy gals

The few seeds I’ve found on JO have always been deep inside the Bud next to main stalk...
Thats says earlier pollination IME

IME late nanner appear due to finishing stress, ,some sativa based are very touchy to bud enhancers ... 2.45.60 High end bud development
I have hit same cuts as an experiment over last several years and wow the one cross the Cambodian x Nepal . NANNER VILLA not sure if I have pics but jesus .

Also they say the buds you grow with nanners in them once you smoke (brake open Bud ) some viable pollen in and now on U .

Pollen Is nasty spreader clinger and bud destroyer .
But I still collect it .
gonna work on some Black Domina in few weeks :)

Last edited:
Yeppers JO.......selfs around day 40-ish is my guess. That why the seeds are generally immature - 23 to 25 days isn't quite long enough for them to mature - and that is why they are inside the buds.
The nanners we see at 60 days or so is definitely an end result of a process that begins earlier.

That said.....the selfing doesn't create any pollen that impacts other plants in any way until the visible nanners are forming. Then if you are in a perpetual situation the pollen can produce seeds in other strains.

I hope that sort of explains JO as I have had her now for longer than most and the pattern is steady and never changes.

Thanks for your input and explaining what JO does OP. Still no nanners on Big Sandy #2. Just for grins I have another #1 in flower. Will watch her real close and hopefully the first one developed nanners on something I did by accident and it won't happen again.

Back