Should it go or should it stay

Putembk

So, I am running this new strain from seed. Got the seeds from a good friend on here. He grew it outdoors with no problems mentioned. Beautiful Sativa and coming along nice. That is until I noticed a nanner first thing today. Upon further inspection they are everywhere. I picked and picked and for now most are gone. Some actually dropped pollen when picking them off. It is 5 weeks in flower and was thinking it will need 9 or 10 weeks to finish.

I have seen nanners before many times but with only 3 or 4 days to harvest and then only a couple here and there. I never had a problem with other plants being affected in any way with nanners in that late stage. But, this is different. I am sure there will be more and possibly many more since this plant is only half way to the finish line.

I pulled her and sitting outside the tent right now as I am kind of freaked out on what to do.

So should she go or should she stay????:goodbad:

Unfortunately that is exactly what I was gonna do. Damn, had high hopes for this strain.

So guys, another opinion from you. That was Big Sandy #1. I have Big Sandy #2 about 4 days behind. This is much smaller but looks and smells the same. I will be watching her close but so far no signs of nanners. I also have another #1 in veg. What are the chances that they turn out ok? I am thinking nothing can be salvaged and I just need to move on and find something else. What do you all think?

I guess I need to find another Orig Diesel. I accidentally lost here but she has many fans among my friends.

I have zero tolerance for plants that throw nanners. In my garden they would all be culled.
I have one of Loran’s Kona x G13HP and was told the Kona side has a tendency to herm. I’m watching her like a hawk and since it’s the biggest, most out of control plant I have I’m giving serious thought to scrapping her.

Just culled her. The whole basement smells like fruity pebbles. Am cracked. No naners on #2 at all. Hoping.

My Jackie starts showing nanners around 60 days. I run her 63 and do find a few seeds. Nobody minds as I warn them in advance. I can deal with that but not a 5 wks on a 9 or 10 week run. Especially when I see pollen dust while picking the nanners....:22_yikes::22_yikes:

Wow, chickens sure look happy. Your gonna get stoned if you have eggs in the next couple of days.....:rofl::rofl:

My Jackie starts showing nanners around 60 days. I run her 63 and do find a few seeds. Nobody minds as I warn them in advance. I can deal with that but not a 5 wks on a 9 or 10 week run. Especially when I see pollen dust while picking the nanners....:22_yikes::22_yikes:
If you find seeds when harvested but only see nanners at 60 and take at 63 well that tells me she nanner much earlier brother .
Just saying .
FWIN it takes 5 weeks to develop seed

Good advise PA. This is the only strain other that the topic of this thread that does this. What is causing this or is it inherent to the strain. In the past I haven't had these problems so I am not up on why or when this happens.

The nanners are well hidden until a couple of days before harvest and if this has been going on for weeks why has there never been an issue with other plants being affected. Damn stuff is larfy and hard to trim....if it wasn't such good pot I would have moved on a long time ago. I believe OP mentioned he has the same issues with Jackie.

By the way the Big Sandy#2 is showing no signs of nanners....fingers crossed.

Follow up to previous post.

I have a Jackie O a couple of days short of 6 weeks with two to go. I looked high and low on this plant, even with a magnifying glass and can't see any signs of nanners. I will bet a dollar to a dime this girl will have some seeds and nanners will appear on about day 60. Nanners stand out like a sore thumb and I can spot them easily but I sure can't find any now.

Back