Relearning hydro

From what I experienced with AN in the past is they always had a grower use to much by their chart.

I actually dropped to half their suggested amount and slowly worked up from that, but I never reached their chart amount. I guess my plants did not need it that strong.
My point, they want you to use more, means you buy more, means they make more.

So far no stunting, but I might draw out a gallon or two and dilute with straight RO and work up from that, I do not want to stunt my growth just feed it.
Everyone have a great day.

From what I experienced with AN in the past is they always had a grower use to much by their chart.

I actually dropped to half their suggested amount and slowly worked up from that, but I never reached their chart amount. I guess my plants did not need it that strong.
My point, they want you to use more, means you buy more, means they make more.

So far no stunting, but I might draw out a gallon or two and dilute with straight RO and work up from that, I do not want to stunt my growth just feed it.
Everyone have a great day.

That's basically what I have been doing, brother. The bucket is right at 1/2 strength right now. I'll bump that up to 30 ml's of base and see how she does. I am just kinda playing to get a feel for what the plant likes and what the nutrients will do at different levels

as far as marketing, GH's feeding chart has fried more plants than the AN chart I use. LOL.

OK, i changed out the bucket today. The roots are beautiful and white. She's getting her stretch on a bit too.

30 ml's of base and 15 of additive in 3 1/2 gallons of RO. Came out to right at 900 ppms. I will be keeping track of input and output this week.

I have not checked the ph yet. The pH perfect Sensi Bloom seems to be doing ok. fingers crossed.

Glad to hear things are turning around guy, just keep on track doing what you're doing and all will be good.

THC

Glad to hear things are turning around guy, just keep on track doing what you're doing and all will be good.

THC

Thank you for all of your help and advice.

Looking backwards, I was underfeeding at first. Once the ppms got up around 500, I started to see good veg growth. I'm thinking I should have vegged a little longer.

Looking forward, I'm thinking of 2 recirculating 4 bucket systems. That was I can run 2 strains at a time around the big light and a 3rd under the horizontal light.

yep you were right, to much can stall them a bit with out tip burn, but a simple task dropped TDS some and all seems back on track.
Grow on, keep safe, love your girls and they will repay you for it.

The bucket girl is drinking about a gallon every 2 days.

I will say this pH perfect stuff makes life a shit-ton easier. Just mix the nutes and dump it into the bucket. I haven't ph'd the nutrients once since I started this project.

Bucket will be changed out Thanksgiving Day. Pics soon. she looks good.

I'm at 30 ml's of base per 3 1/2 gallons. She seems to like it there so far.

not too shabby

Here's the Blackberry girl in hydro. She looks pretty healthy - perhaps a touch overfed.

Attachments

• Blackberry Hydro Nov 24 3-private.jpg
    Blackberry Hydro Nov 24 3-private.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Blackberry hydro 1 Nov 24-private.jpg
    Blackberry hydro 1 Nov 24-private.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 1
  • Blackberry Hydro 2 Nov 24-private.jpg
    Blackberry Hydro 2 Nov 24-private.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 0
I do have to agree, not too shabby at all GM. All does look to be doing well and I just wonder about mine and if they will look that good soon.

Grow on, keep the planet green..................:applause:

hey thanks, brother. I am kinda liking this ph perfect thing. once i get thew recirculating system up and running, I'll do a side by side with the non-pH perfect stuff.

4 weeks in

Here the Blackberry Kush girl at 4 week of flowering.

ppms : right at 1500. I iknow that may seems a bit high, but I think she looks good. I may back it down a little.

she just got a fresh bucket last night

Attachments

• Blackberry Kush hydro 4 weeks-private.jpg
    Blackberry Kush hydro 4 weeks-private.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Blackberry Kush hydro 4 weeks 2-private.jpg
    Blackberry Kush hydro 4 weeks 2-private.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 1
The 3rd wk is a increase, 4th week is a peak week, 5th week you work it done some and also 6th week and so on until harvest. Some take and run the base nute's the same until week 6, all additives and adjusting the allow for the ppm increase of decrease. Here I say this and screwed up my own garden.

Yep leaf tip burn is not always present in a bit of a strong mix for the girls, but all is getting corrected and we will see how all finish's out for me.

Looking good GM, real nice looking girls you have growing.

The 3rd wk is a increase, 4th week is a peak week, 5th week you work it done some and also 6th week and so on until harvest. Some take and run the base nute's the same until week 6, all additives and adjusting the allow for the ppm increase of decrease. Here I say this and screwed up my own garden.

Yep leaf tip burn is not always present in a bit of a strong mix for the girls, but all is getting corrected and we will see how all finish's out for me.

Looking good GM, real nice looking girls you have growing.

hey, thanks for stopping by. I'll be topping her off with plain RO when she needs it. Then the next bucket i mix i'll drop it down a touch

thank you!

so I found a piece of paper with some stuff written down. I do not know if it is from a book or a fellow member, but here it is and is there any merit to it, please reply.

If PH rises and yet PPM's go down, plants are hungry and feeding (one should increase PPM's of nutrients.)

If PH goes down and PPM's rise, usually nutrients are to strong (one should dilute mix to lower PPM's )

If PH stays near the same and yet PPM's stay near the same, but you still see growth and have healthy plant, you have reached equilibrium and some say this is perfect area to be.

I know if your source water supply is ever changing you can have a hard time with PH issues.
So last batch I used bottle spring water rather than RO filtered water, as my tap water is just recycled sewage that is crap for almost anything. We will see how all goes.
Please chime in if you have proven advise other wise, just growing for years and what you learn is/can be solid advice, so please do chime in.
:puffpuffpass:

so I found a piece of paper with some stuff written down. I do not know if it is from a book or a fellow member, but here it is and is there any merit to it, please reply.

If PH rises and yet PPM's go down, plants are hungry and feeding (one should increase PPM's of nutrients.)

If PH goes down and PPM's rise, usually nutrients are to strong (one should dilute mix to lower PPM's )

If PH stays near the same and yet PPM's stay near the same, but you still see growth and have healthy plant, you have reached equilibrium and some say this is perfect area to be.

I know if your source water supply is ever changing you can have a hard time with PH issues.
So last batch I used bottle spring water rather than RO filtered water, as my tap water is just recycled sewage that is crap for almost anything. We will see how all goes.
Please chime in if you have proven advise other wise, just growing for years and what you learn is/can be solid advice, so please do chime in.
:puffpuffpass:

That's great advice, my friend. I was taught the same thing by an old Grower. His screen name was Old Phart and he was a great human being. I miss him on the boards.

I run a hydrologic Evolution RO system with a Dr_ionization post filter. The onyl thing in my water is hydrogen and oxygen.

I have't ph's anything in this bucket and I'm faily impressed with the AN pH perfect nutes I've been using. Just mix and go. However, the proof will be in the smoke.

The buds are small on this plant. Next run I'll drop the nute levels in half and see how it goes.

thanks for stopping by, my friend

yes the nitrgoen levels were probably off the charts on this grow.

yes you can teach an old dog new tricks.

current bucket is on about 10 ml's per 3 1/2 gallon water of base, 5 mls of additives. She will be on straight water within the week to see if i can flush away what i've done to her. She's been a good old gal though. I'll get a couple shots soon.

Not is all lost when excessive nutrients are used as a longer weeker flush is most ideal. If you know you over did the N, just do not feed any more N to the plant and this makes the plant use up all stored N, kinda same rule on any nutrient, and this is part of the problem with pre mixed nutrients.

I just wish I had done better keeping all my grow journals data on a external hard drive. Changing from older to newer and to many times can cause some data lost, okay in my life it did.

Mostly just done for my own benefit and than others if it could help them, and now I feel lost a bit wondering how I did things, unless it was all new grower's luck, LOL

Either I need to get my hydroponic skills tuned up right, or drop out and get to another method of growing this plant.

I have no children in the house now, yet it seems I have less time now for the garden than I did in the past years when my house was full of things to tend to...

For sure not using PBP for DWC any longer, at least not for cannabis.

I have some old Canna Coco A and B, I did do a gallon of vegy mix for the other plants and so far they seem doing fine, so time for me to change out res ( two weeks over do ) and try to finish out this run and see if I can get some explosion in bud growth. Just ended 34 days of flowering, that is into 5th week of floral stage, shit my mix was to strong for WK 1, let it run longer, than WK2 I again over did PPM strenght, only a very lite leave tip burn, but high enough to stunt growth a bit, and WK3 was weeker, but I just got lost and all ran to long. I was waiting for the girls to feed and make need for a res change I guess, shit all just got away, but the girls are alive. Playing with ph upper and downer to much in a mix is just bad, to much downer can lock up Iron uptake, plant suffers some, to much ph uppers can also limit nitrogen uptake, again plant suffers.

Just need to be more stable and consistent with res management, and some nutrients help with this and some just make it difficult, does not mean they do not work, just means I want to use something that I can work into my time schedule and yet work well with the grow.

Not is all lost when excessive nutrients are used as a longer weeker flush is most ideal. If you know you over did the N, just do not feed any more N to the plant and this makes the plant use up all stored N, kinda same rule on any nutrient, and this is part of the problem with pre mixed nutrients.

I just wish I had done better keeping all my grow journals data on a external hard drive. Changing from older to newer and to many times can cause some data lost, okay in my life it did.

Mostly just done for my own benefit and than others if it could help them, and now I feel lost a bit wondering how I did things, unless it was all new grower's luck, LOL

Either I need to get my hydroponic skills tuned up right, or drop out and get to another method of growing this plant.

I have no children in the house now, yet it seems I have less time now for the garden than I did in the past years when my house was full of things to tend to...

For sure not using PBP for DWC any longer, at least not for cannabis.

I have some old Canna Coco A and B, I did do a gallon of vegy mix for the other plants and so far they seem doing fine, so time for me to change out res ( two weeks over do ) and try to finish out this run and see if I can get some explosion in bud growth. Just ended 34 days of flowering, that is into 5th week of floral stage, shit my mix was to strong for WK 1, let it run longer, than WK2 I again over did PPM strenght, only a very lite leave tip burn, but high enough to stunt growth a bit, and WK3 was weeker, but I just got lost and all ran to long. I was waiting for the girls to feed and make need for a res change I guess, shit all just got away, but the girls are alive. Playing with ph upper and downer to much in a mix is just bad, to much downer can lock up Iron uptake, plant suffers some, to much ph uppers can also limit nitrogen uptake, again plant suffers.

Just need to be more stable and consistent with res management, and some nutrients help with this and some just make it difficult, does not mean they do not work, just means I want to use something that I can work into my time schedule and yet work well with the grow.

I agree, my friend, it does take some playing to things things right. I have a much better idea of what to do with the next round. Clone will be going into a bucket today or tomorrow at the latest. I've lowered the nutes to 10 ml of Sensi Bloom A, 10ml Sensi Bloom B, 5 ml additves and after a few days I'm just barely starting to see some fading of the fan leaves. So I think the magic will happen around 15 ml's of base nutes.

Have you tried the pH perfect AN nutes? I literally have not checked ph once this round and haven't seen any sort of ph- related problems, such as Mg def, etc. Just mix and go. i'm kinda liking it so far.

Back