Purple and discolored stems

If the basement is empty I would order some Pylon bombs and blast a couple I think I mentioned I'm in over kill mode I'm restarting now myself with seeds. I think I got a little ptsd from my experience lol.... :puffpuffpass:

Oh I know exactly what you mean, my friend. Every little thing on these plants has me freaked out. That's why I got the lady bugs. It'll be years before I can relax

Might be to late for a purpling stem comment but 1 of the most common causes is rootbound and slightly under fed...ppl keeping plants in beer cups for to long is the worst but if you stay ahead of the roots then it helps allot...meaning trans a wk or 2 sooner than norm,...dont trans into to big a pot just big enough for a few wks or a month at most...It really can change the form and overall health in great ways..hope that helps :bonghit:
FOE20
picture.php

https://thecannacabana.com/forums/album.php?albumid=525&pictureid=12816

Holy shit, Foe20, so good to see you. Glad you are back posting. And thanks for the advice!

Oh I know exactly what you mean, my friend. Every little thing on these plants has me freaked out. That's why I got the lady bugs. It'll be years before I can relax

Holy shit, Foe20, so good to see you. Glad you are back posting. And thanks for the advice!

Ok 4 different spots are in our co-op. 2 have been gutted and remodeled. The other two are flower rooms that are still growing what we will call less then stellar plants lol still dealing with the same old problems. Well here's where it gets real weird I believe that I may have found a cure for all the weirdness what ever it is that's plagued so many people. I had a room that looked absolutely screwed! So I went to the hydro store and poked around and found a product from safer grow, called Bio-repel which is 100% garlic oil. There are no directions on it what so ever as to using it as a drench. There are only instructions to use it as a spray. So anyways I was super desperate had some failing plants so I prescribed for 25 gallons, 300 ml and ph balanced it too 6.0. I then fed this to the plants as I would in a normal watering. I came back in three days and the plants just went apeshit! The bounced back so hard, that they are totally going to make nice flower plants. I had another garden in week 3 of flower that was struggling pretty good and on the water ( non food day) I fed the same mixture to them. By the next time I saw those plants three days later. They shed off all the dying leaves like a sheet of skin and everything else got super vibrant, sturdy, and are growing beautifully am I surprised the garlic worked so well ? Not really it has anti fungal, anti-parasite, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti everything properties to it? Anybody dealing with weird phantom type problems where your plants are all messed up and you can't figure it out give this a shot I literally couldn't believe what it did for my plants and it's cheap too!

So Freak if you ever have these problems again try the garlic oil as a drench I for real was floored by how they bounced back! I never saw a broad mite per say, never confirmed nematodes personally, and never ruled out a soil born illness lol, but I do know this that shit worked and it's super not scary garlic oil yes please lol....

Nice I think you will be pleased. I never drenched like super new clones, or anything, also keep in mind if you drenched with Azamax, or any other type of neem based product wait at least two weeks before using the garlic, because there is sulphur in garlic and sulphur and neem do not work out together. Yeah dude I was desperate and was following the Leeds my bros passed on to me about being nematodes. I googled killing nematodes and garlic was listed as something that does such. Like I said I was desperate and wouldn't you know it they bounced back hard as f&@$! I didn't mix it with food or any other products just r.o. Garlic oil, and ph'd to 6.0 ( I grow in soilless mix) I would ph it to what ever is recommended ph to your medium and method. I mean there wasn't like a little improvement it was like a reptile shedding its skin, all the spotted, yellowing, and ugly leaves immediately fell off, and then all the other growth got super rigid, all the yellow disappeared, stems got more solid, leaves got bigger in size, all the new pistils at the node sites have brilliant white hairs like I said I'm elated............. Garlic juice huh? :slap: boy it has me tempted to start experimenting I'm half tempted to try and juice some fresh cloves and mix that in some water and apply to one ill plant ( elsewhere) and see what that does my guess is something really incredible, or something really bad lol.....:exactly: how much was it like 25 bucks boy I hope it works for you like it is for me.... Let me know brotha!

update:

For the first time in too many months, I have healthy cannabis plants in the basement veg room. They are in coco, 1 gallon smart pots, being fed AN Jungle Juice 3-part, and seem to be happy. A week ago , i put the plants that will go into my veggie garden down there. A few days ago I released more lady bugs down there to see if they were feeding on anything. They did not. I think of them as the canaries in a coal mine. So last night, I potted up a Skywalker Kush, 3 DSD, and a Blue Mystic and placed them under the T5 fluoros . I need to run an extra outlet for the 1K MH in the veg room. I'll get that down tonight.

but it would seem things are ok now.

finger crossed, prayers being said daily

Reactions: mre
All purpled up and no shit to blow!!

Here's a couple of Dank Genetics Mouse Trap and I kept 2. The funny thing is while #1 is all purple stemmed, the #2 has nothing purple, okay each clone comes from the two different Mouse Trap's I've kept. Here is #1, the last two pics is the same clone in different light:

Attachments

• 20160613_150955.jpg
    20160613_150955.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20160613_151034.jpg
    20160613_151034.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20160613_150838.jpg
    20160613_150838.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 7
interesting. I have one Blackberry Kush that keeps purpling despite the fact that I ammended the soil with a mineral mix and gave a touch of epsom salts. COuld be genetic. Both clones I had purpled at one point. One grew out of it when i gave her the minerals. The other hasn't

I know this thread is dead! But after much struggle from many people I can finally conclude what was going on with a lot of us how do you ask? Well the answer is simple lab testing Da da da!!!!!!! The mystery plague that hurt so many, even retired some folks is finally solved! What causes purple stems, and what appears to be broad mite damage, and duds etc? Well the answer is Fusarium Oxysporum! There is no cure for this how ever root shield plus which is 2 strains of trichoderma that actively eat fusarium does help. Using tons of beneficials also helps make it very competitive for the bad fungus to take hold. If you feel like you have these problems still anybody kill it all, clean a whole bunch I like bleach, and physan 20 clean everything things like dehumidifier sand air conditioners need to be trashed. After all the time losing my ass and so many others doing the same thing, lab testing is the best way out instead of guessing for years lol. Lab testing may be unavailable to some of us that live in non friendly states! My suggestion if this is you have a friend who lives in a friendly state let you use their address for the return. Our lab results were just emailed to us so we found out that way! New slogan when in doubt lab it out lol happy New Years everybody:confetti:

well this is timely, i've been feeding with distilled water. if you don't have access to RO juice, what's the next best after tapwater?

For the small grower like myself who only used about 2gal every 2-3 days.... I simply use a Zero Water
pitcher with a filter in it.. I can see the health diff in my plants when I fail to do so..

I'd replace them RO filters for sure... but plants are looking better man.. nice

i suppose I should post some insight for this thread. The purple and discolored stems i was getting is due to underwatering/underfeeding. seems to run that way in veg.

Back