Psilocybe Cubensis :. B+

midwest

Growing a few shrooms...
Done it twice before but it's been a while
The Strain is B+, a regular orange/gold top variety
Got one syringe and 6 pre made jars
Only 4 are colonizing, 2 had no growth
Don't really need much so 4 is just fine

Planning on letting it colonize the whole jar, empty them out, soak them in water for a day, then put them in a plastic bin with lid that has either moist perlite or vermiculite in it for humidity, and that's pretty much it. Doubt that's the best way but it's the way I know. Looking forward to them

IMG_20220901_143626641.jpg
IMG_20220914_165640314_HDR~2.jpg,

The strain makes a difference in potency.

Titrating Psilocybe Cubensis from local cow pies, I found about 2 grams to be the dose where I could start to feel the effects, which in my case was not head effects, but my legs. I therefore set one micro-dose at 10% or 200 Mg. A good load for a 00 capsule.

Enter Penis Envy from a grow lab, and I started feeling head effects at 1.2 grams, or only 60% as much.

back in ‘79 was at Oregon State……..brought up 3zips of Boulder Creek grown purple haze and some caps to start the yr….haze was the rage for boys in frat house….but always fuckin’ with me being from Cali….bed be tossed from third floor regularly…so knowing area and started hitting up those cow pies GW….actually got a trespassing ticket for raiding fields, but brought back bags full…so figured good way to get back at those jacking me….loaded up the dinner spaghetti sauce with help of cook and watched the whole frat house go spinning and a wigging……then weeks later the salad got a bag full…..was hell for me after………was worth it……

another nice cool morning …possible rain by late weekend….enjoy day…..
ganj on…

Reactions: 180
Yeah I've heard that the albino ones like P Envy are the most potent. IDK just something about buying a strain that is supposed to look more like a dick seems wrong. I guess it would be kind of funny though. Plus I like the look of the orange tops. It's nostalgic for me
I gathered from the name B+ that this one is kind of an easy to grow all-around kind of strain, which is good for me.

I'm mostly doing it for fun. I could prob get some pretty easily if I asked around.

B+ are quite similar to Golden Teachers. Which are my fave. Think I'll do 3.5 grams or so myself tonight.

Yeah I've heard that the albino ones like P Envy are the most potent. IDK just something about buying a strain that is supposed to look more like a dick seems wrong. I guess it would be kind of funny though. Plus I like the look of the orange tops. It's nostalgic for me
I gathered from the name B+ that this one is kind of an easy to grow all-around kind of strain, which is good for me.

I'm mostly doing it for fun. I could prob get some pretty easily if I asked around.

Fortunately, they don't look much like penises dried and finely ground. At least not healthy ones.............

Good News
Jar 5 is colonizing after all. Just a slow start I guess
Jar 6 is as well but it's got very little growth and I suspect something else will take over and contaminate the jar before it fills

Bought a bin and some vermiculite so I'm all set to go.

Was reading that there is some debate about light or not. I'm probably going to just give it a few hours of ambient

I’ve got tidal wave and also enigma bout ready to be put into sub.
Haven’t tried either yet but are said to be on the potent side of things.
Both fairly fast colonizer’s. Faster than A++ or GT. Will do couple totes inside and made an
Outdoor patch with composted horse manure. Should go over well here in hawaii. Bout perfect temps and humidity year round.
Can’t wait has been a bit.

Was reading that there is some debate about light or not. I'm probably going to just give it a few hours of ambient
My understanding is that it's so the mushrooms know which way is up. :dunno: Not so sure how much I believe that. I think it's more likely simply to provide a day/night schedule...but I got no proof of that. :p

I’ve got tidal wave and also enigma bout ready to be put into sub.
Haven’t tried either yet but are said to be on the potent side of things.
I'm interested in the Tidal Wave. Bro will probably get some for his next grow, but that could be awhile before that happens. When you do them, I'd like to know your evaluation on the potency. I'm curious if they're as good as they're touted to be.

Birthed 3 of the cakes
Waiting on the other 3

Soaked them in water for a day then coated them in vermiculite and put them in a bin with a mixture of moist perlite and vermiculite in it
IMG_20221003_065141321~2.jpg

nice!! Good luck I hope they fruit well for you, my friend. I discovered a site called Out Grow. They sell mycoi supplies. They have a 5 pound sealed bag with gas exchange patch of pasteurized horse manure and straw. the last batch I grew out were ridiculously potent. It's all i use now.

On the light topic....it is curious which way the the fruit comes out. It's all coming at the very base.
Is it based on where the innoculation point was? Where the layer of vermiculite is? Which orientation the jar was sitting in while colonizing? Which orientation the cakes were put?
I have all of them birthed except for 1 now. I'm thinking about putting the last one upside down or maybe even on it's side to just to see how it fruits

Back