Plant pics 2019

I'll leave after this, but do you guys really think those plants look like they need more N?

bagged soil is only good for a month or so without additional feeding. the soil was depleted during veg and then the lighting intensity was increased. i would predict more yellowing/curling of the leaves and purpling of the petioles at this rate. decrease the light temporarily, increase the feeds, and they'll bounce right back. :2c:

Hey Bob thanks for stopping in. Yeah the light is a major change in intensity but these were under a 430 some watt T5 floro system and in a ht really. They actually started doing this under the floros but progressed under the MH. I just added a 1K HPS so now they are under 2K of HID so we will see what they are made of. I gave them a good flush yesterday and one more day they should need another watering and I am going to flush them one more time. Maybe some improvement they are not healthy like they were. I am still torn between PH issue or lock out or under feeding but the lower and middle sections are pretty unaffected. I see a little eagle clawing so many things point towards over feeding but not sure why I am in denial about that.

The one notable change I see is the light intensity. Previously, light was the limiting factor. It was easy for the chloroplasts to maintain the green in the plant. And would be why it may have had an excessive build up of salts in the medium....because the plants couldn't use them. Now, by switching to the 1k MH, you've removed that bottle neck. So the chloroplasts are struggling to keep up...they are running through the provided N very quickly. When I run into a general yellowing, when everything else seems balanced, I like to use fish emulsion to correct it. It is pretty much nothing but N, and is very mild for the plants. Fits in with the organic desire as well.

Thanks everyone and easy you mean me throwing another 1K at it is too much lol? I will go dial them both back and dim them a bit. I have them around 2ft above which I forgot to mention and a nice breeze blowing across the top canopy. I will give what you suggested a shot. Thanks again to you and everyone/

bagged soil is only good for a month or so without additional feeding. the soil was depleted during veg and then the lighting intensity was increased. i would predict more yellowing/curling of the leaves and purpling of the petioles at this rate. decrease the light temporarily, increase the feeds, and they'll bounce right back. :2c:

Got a new PH meter and PPM/EC. I really believe that my PH was way out of whack. I have been PH'ing to 5.8/.9 I just fed them their first main feeding since the big flush ppm is around 600 using distilled water and flora series. I kept the lucas at the floro suggested ration 5-10 and that gives me around 550-600 I forget what 5,10 should be in PPM starting with 0 ppm.

I did feed them with call/mag both foliar and roots a few days before the NPK feeding with 1 watering in between. Just watered and PH run off is actually really nice 6.5 so PH'ing to 5.8 might be a decent level as it drifts up and catches everything all the way up to 6.8 run off ppm was slightly higher than what it was at initial feeding this is something I will keep an eye on. Plants are bigger than I really wanted them to be before going into flower so I super cropped the tallest to bring them all to the same height never been a big super cropping fan but seemed like the easiest thing to do to manage height.

I was wrong on some plants that were a couple strains that only 1 seed germ'd out of the pack and thought they were males but they both actually are female and one is a Afghani xmas 77 I believe 77 anyway and man I really am like her thickness. I will get pics up soon and let you have a look at her. I hope she keeps her sexiness all the way to the end. She may be a good breeder she has the structure, the terp aroma from rubbing her legs is appealing and she is very easy to grow. Funny thing is the only plants that have the issue with possible lock out of ph issue are my LBL's and all have been given the same. The two plants I thought were male the Xmas affie and a Romberry are both seemingly very easy to grow and not easily effected by user error, ph issues or feeding issues. The Romberry was a bit slower in growth but since being under the HID's they has caught up and maybe since I have been ph'ing better or at least getting readings from a digital meter maybe that helped as well.

New strain germination updates:

All Orange Drop germ'd and are starting off well.

The 2 BBW do not seem to be going to germ but I have not given up yet but too much londger and I believe they will get mushy and rot.

I did not have any luck with the half of pack of the straight romulan yet either. Most germ'd but just as the white tap root appeared out of the cracks everything paused and they have not progressed. I took half of them and put them on a hotter heat mat to see if temp with spark them and the others I rewetted with a little rooting stimulator and into a clean paper towel with a drop of H2O2 to try and kill any fungus. Sometimes it seems the longer seeds are in paper towel and not germinating they get a fungus or simply turn to mush so I am hoping the H2o2 helps maybe I should have used some chlorinated water or a drop of bleach but doing what I can.

I get some new pics up soon!

What ppm ?
What pH?
More importantly, do you KNOW your pH/ppm pens function correctly?
Fox Farm, not super familiar, but hows the drainage?
Temps of feeding water? Floor temps? Grow room temps?

Got a new PH meter and PPM/EC. I really believe that my PH was way out of whack. I have been PH'ing to 5.8/.9.

5.8 seems low for soil. 6-6.5 is what i aim for. i still think the change in lighting intensity is the real culprit, although it seems you may have a couple small issues at play. :2c:

I have the 1000 MH & the 1000 HPS 3 ft above plants and thought they were starting to make the turn but I just got home before lights off and Im hating the way they look. I almost wanted to blame my wife for putting round up to them like she use to back in the day but she has fought so long and now that it is 100% legal she isn't even thinking about it. Only issues are the LBL's every other plant is for the most part picture perfect since beginning and every plant has been treated and given the same. The yellowing on each started in the middle of the plant and not on the bottom or the top but has worked its way up to the top so whatever it is if deficiency it is mobile N,P,K,Mg Crazy thing is the bottom leaves are green with issue but nothing like the middle or top of plant have become.

One plant almost looks over watered droopy but I can see it as I let them go a very good dry spell not wilt but 12 hours more and it is possible they would wilt. Maybe even need to water a bit sooner. s up tonight before lights off.

But my gut is the following:

PH issue
Cal/Mag more Mag deff. - sure looks like it now that I am getting inter venial narcosis, yellowing first the narcrosis
Light too intense? - But as I said this started long before going under the HID's and I am sure the different wave's of intense light isn't helping but lights are 3 ft above canopy and on 50% dim so basically like a 500 watt x2 - 1 1000 watt? Is tis still intense? They started doing this under 430 watts of T5 floro and high heat.

Maybe a combo of some or all.

I will get pictures up tonight. Almost embarrassed of the way they look not sure even in my rookie days I had a plant/s look this rough. Maybe when I first started and was feeding my plants pure 100% Urea and wondered where the ammonia smell was coming from lol.

I agree 5.8 is on the low end but not terribly but is something I want to get higher. It does drift up within a day or two on watering of PH but I will get it up as I like 6.2-6.8

5.8 seems low for soil. 6-6.5 is what i aim for. i still think the change in lighting intensity is the real culprit, although it seems you may have a couple small issues at play. :2c:

Haha sorry I will tomorrow night. So I think they are coming around. I stabilized PH and got it up to around 6.5-6.8. I raised the lights and started actually feeding 8/16 every other watering and every three watering's a have been hitting them with Hurricanes Cal/mag
I truly believe it was a PH issue all along. I believe my PH in beginning was around 5.5-6.2 and not a week or so with proper PH and a week into 12/12 I really believe they are getting better.

I have not grown in soil for so long I have lost the touch a little but I have learned from my mistakes and that's how we get better. If it was indeed PH then it really took a while for it to really damage the leaves and go from the very dark blueish green leaves which to me always felt like a issue but they really looked good but dark green on most or many strains is generally a sign of over doing it a bit and even though I struggled over fed I think the PH created a lock out slowly then started turning yellow all in the center section of the plant and worked its way up.

Now yes N being mobile and typically starts at the bottom and works up and that is why I don't believe they were deficient in the beginning but rather showing signs of over feeding do to the PH issue (if this is possible). I believe the flushing with the straight un PH'd distilled water then rather quickly may have leached the N out of the soil? And possibly as the PH started tpo become corrected only then did they start showing signs of yellowing from either leached N or Mg?

The biggest befuddlement is why everything just on the LBL's started in the center section of the plant and none of the other strains showed any negative PH, feeding over or under issues at all. All others stayed near perfect looking. Maybe a tad slowed growth? So this is something that I have made note of on all these strains to see how the cuttings from them do.

I am half temped to take a couple clones and sacrifice them to science and try to duplicate everything as close as possible to how they started out.

I am glad they are or seem to be turning now they are into flower the only problem this brings is how much has the chemical change and switch from veg to flower helped start straighten things out? I have actually in the past had similar issues with problematic plants in veg that seemed to recover from the flowering photo period. I recall have a big thread on CW talking and documenting this. I don't recall what the problem was but I do remember it was with a killer K2 pheno. Thinking back man K2 was a very under rated strain. Not sure how many people got a chance to run K2 but I am somewhat surprised that someone did not do some preservation or even breeding with K2. It was short squat and you could get her to bush right out and yield some very dank Indica medicine. One of my favorite phenos after a couple week cure started to smell like a high end coffee and I use to love opening those jars.

Anyway getting off track like I can easily do.

Pic tomorrow night for sure I need to give the shop vac a once around the flower room. When your busy it can make me a bit lazy around the grow room which I feel terrible about.

Biggest issue littering my floor right now are hundreds of box elder beetles lol I probably spend a half hour just squishing those little bastards. Thankfully the are not hurting my plants they have orgies on the leaf blades though. Since I am not seeing any insect damage from them or anything else I wonder what science there is for these box elders being a beneficial bug?

Thanks all and I hope everyone is well and happy

New pics 8 days 12/12 a couple of the LBL's are pretty rough I still think all along it was a PH issue and was locking out the N and Mg maybe others. I have been using accurate PH'd water and ferts and started heavy feeding and I think they are coming back around. I hate bringing sick plants into flower but I had to. Cuttings are rooted and wont be far behind these on the rotation into 12/12. First grow and soil grow in a long time so I am going to chalk this up to rusty skills, nt being completely prepared and cutting a few corners which all adds up to experience and learning from mistakes.

Next plants will also be in soil but I am going to get away from the GH Flora in soil. I swear by it and Lucas ratios in DWC and even coc but soil I have only used a handful of times and no matter what the opinion is I am not sold on flora being a proper soil fertilizer it very well may be just fine but I do not have the soil skills and had better results with Humboldt line and even GH's newer organic line back in the day. main thing is I want to go 100% organic just because I know that organic produces better flavors and I am sure cleaner product in the end. Not sure which line I will use yet but I will decide soon.

Pic 8-10 is of a really nice structured Afghani girl pics don't do her justice but she has very strong branching, tight nodes and just has been very easy to work with. Terp smell rubbing the stems are nothing to write home about at this point but I have hopes for her. The other 3 are 3 different LBL girls.

I ended up chopping 3 males that all along I really thought were females and so did some of you. They fooled us some But nearly all of them went from what looked like a female shaped calyx to a decent amount of male flowers stacked in a week, 7 days. I generally veg. plants from seed long enough to get alternating branching and also to the age that they show sex and the 3 male plants that I really thought were female did not show sex like the other girls did and ended up being males. All the males were the better smelling of all but were not the best looking plants against each other which as most males tend to be healthier, bigger and most of the times better looking which seems to be the case in the animal kingdom all expect the humanoid animal kingdom which woman are far better looking then us guys : ) IMHO.

I do have cuts of the male plants however, 1 is a Romberry, 1 is a Afghani Xmas and the other a LBL which I may grow out and use the pollen to make some seed depending on how these girls turn out to be at the end. I hope the LBL's are not too sick to bring decent results at least enough to give me an idea on how next cuts will be when grown properly and healthier. Time will tell.

Orange drop seedlings are coming along nicely and I think I already know which ones may have the orange fragrance trait at this point anyways and they have a distinct smell different from the others but this is nothing more than a guess and hopefully desires. BBW beans did not germinate which was always the concern but I really did everything I could to give them the chance and neither did a few straight Romulan seeds they cracked showed a bit of tap root and then just halted so I will be germinating more Rom soon.

N has grown there are always set backs and moments of reflection and re-learning things that one might take for granted. Growing has never been easy the only easy part has only ever been enjoying the finished product but we certainly put the work in to enjoy that enjoyment no one can ever take that from us!

I have a really good friend who is a German and lives near Fulda Germany who is going to try and send me some seeds of an unknown indica line that he says has been around a long time and from his description of the high, flaor, smell and flower appearance I am hopeful that strain might bring me one step closer to my goal of finding a similar strain we grew back in the 80's. Doubtful it is the same but one never knows being the proximity of Germany is close to the Dam which my heart still believes that this is where the seeds of the strain we grew came from that we ordered out of the back of high times in the 80's not much before high times stopped advertising seeds sale. One of my friends who was in on the buy and somewhat the grow thinks is was a strain from the old SSSC catalog and he mentioned a couple strains Dutch Treat being one and the other possibly a Mikado cross but even know I am familiar with both strains I honestly don't think either of those are it.

I am much more inclined to say it was either a straight affie, NL or maybe Williams Wonder which I am lucky to have a few WW that should help resolve that one soon and maybe the affie that is looking good.

A major concern that I have is we grew these plants on a horse farm and our outdoor plots were heavily amended with horse manure and sawdust from the barn floor and I am sure hay and other grasses as well but what concerns me is the horse manure and a lot of reading I have been doing from several authors but the main one being Kevin Jordy. I could have the exact same strain and without using horse manure or a similar soil or medium blend that our old strain was grown I may never find the characteristics I seek the main one being the flavor. That also being said I have to think that I would know and there would be some hint of similarity and you can bet if I get close and think horse shit will bring it on I will buy a horse : )

Thanks all hope everyone is well.

1skidyellow.jpg2skidlon.jpg3flooryellow.jpg41skid.jpg51skidlbl.jpg6affie.jpg7affieclose.jpg8affietop.jpg91skidlbl2.jpg10lofflbltop.jpg

Last edited:
Day 18 of 12/12 Finding a few males brought me down to 4 plants 3 LBL and 1 Afrie. I think 2 of the plants might suffer yield wise from what I now believe to be too hot of temps, too much too quick intro to HID's and a PH issue. They may surprise me and do okay at day 12 of 12/12 I think they are all flowering well. no great smells from any yet but trichome production just began.

I never have been satisfied with my root systems in soil and maybe not even in coco. I never could seem to grow healthy white roots that many do and I know root health is one of the most important aspects in growing healthy plants so one of my focuses and goals is to learn to grow better roots and having seen my brothers root systems and also reading up on mychorrhiza more and more I decided to use a additive that contains some and I am very impressed and I equate much of the turning back healthy of the plants to this and a better PH control. I also recently 3 days ago uppotted to 5 gal containers from 3.5 gal and started using Pro Mix BX that also is suppose to contain mycho. PH seems a bit low with the pro mix but it has lime and probably will take a couple days to buffer and dissolve. I never used Pro Mix before but know of it.

No matter how long we have been growing and no matter how many books or diligence we have done we always have room to learn. I always used FF Ocean and Roots Organic when running in "soil" but I just found out that neither FF or Roots is actually a soil but rather soilless and as I said I always thought they both were a soil medium.

Anyway all is well and progressing. Thanks for the help. Many of you nailed the yellowing problem I was having so thank you for the push it the right direction and thanks everyone for everything.

I hope all is well for everyone. See you soon

Attachments

• flower12day.jpg
    flower12day.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 2
  • flower12day2.jpg
    flower12day2.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 3
  • MYCHO.jpg
    MYCHO.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
New pics tonight 23 day 12/12. 3 LBL 1 Afghani. Affie has been my favorite plant all along. Beautiful structure, short internode spacing and just a hearty take anything you can throw at her type plant. Starting to develop her own essence as all the lady's are. The LBL's all smell the same right now and cant really describe it maybe some lemon type notes. I heard she smells like celery and don't smell that at all. Maybe some lemon and sweetness but I am sure they will change as time goes one but how I love putting my face in her bush.

I cant say there is a big difference between the 3 LBL's other than one is going to or appears to be going to be a larger yielder but this grow is more of a reintro and getting myself acclimated back into a system. I am still a bit all over the place plants coming up I hope to be dialed in more and have healthier plants going into flower. The LBL's all had their own issues going into flower so I am going to be happy with just about any results..

As stated above 23 rd day since 12/12 was flipped and I am so far happy with the flowering especially as bad as a couple looked going into flower.

Attachments

• afghanitrichstrt.jpg
    afghanitrichstrt.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 1
  • afghtrichstrt23day.jpg
    afghtrichstrt23day.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 0
  • full23day.jpg
    full23day.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 2
  • LBL1trichstrt23day.jpg
    LBL1trichstrt23day.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 0
looking good BCW1

the LBL interests me, is that Loran's Longbottom Leaf? and have you run it before?

I'm pretty sure I still have some beans of this

mj

Hey MJ

Yes these are from a pack Loran sent me like a year ago. I started some maybe 8 months or so ago and vegged them to around the same height and size as I did these but I did not have time to care for them so I pulled the plug on them. I had some issues with the LBL health of plants but I am chalking that up to user error but I have to say I am impressed how they are bouncing back in flower. They seem to be putting on decent flower show for the stresses they were under in veg and going into flower. I think they will turn out very well as long as I didn't stress them to the point and they hermi or something but I have not seen any signs of male flower so all is well.

So far I recommend running it. I need to figure out exactly why I had issues only with LBL butbI am certain it was my error with PH, Heat and initiation to HID's too quickly I really didn't harden them off. They went straight from 400+ watts of T5 and high heat closet to a large decently ventilated room and direct under 2K of HID's. The strange thing is I still have 1 female runt of a LBL that I almost culled that is in the closet under 400K of T5 floro that is exhibiting the exact same interveinal . I will post some pictures and it is exactly what the other 3 LBL's did so I am confused a bit. Which isn't hard : )

Thanks brother

Here is day 26 of 12/12 flip and I just took pic 30 mins ago. I just picked up some Kool Bloom liquid and I am going to start messing with that a bit. I should have started with the KB liquid and maybe finished with the dry KB but I am going to give KB a try never used it before. I am half tempted to not use anything right now as they seem to be doing well. I don't really have any other pictures of LBL at day 28 to judge if they are on track or not but I think they are doing well.

Early on there was a soft hard to describe odor but now that they are stacking on trich's the bouquet has changed quite a bit. All 3 LBL smell exactly the same and if anything I would say they are all the same phenol if not maybe 2 are the same and one a different phenol only in that it is yielding better but there could be many reasons for this.

I am using a 1K HPS & a 1K MHS at this time doing a little experiment mixing the spectrums the lights. There were times I use to add a MH at the end 2 weeks of flowering and some strains I think developed more trchomes so trying to see what happens running the 2 all way through. I also defoliated some leaves through veg and some in flower which is something I never do so this whole run is a mix of experiments.

26 days 12/12

Nutrients used hodgepodge:

Roots -Through veg and 1 week into 12/12 flip

GH Rapid root
GH Flora @ Lucas
Hurricane Cal/Mag
Epsom salt
Roots Organic new Grow

Foliar - Veg to 3rd week 12/12

Epsom
Hurricane Cal/Mag
Neptunes harvest seaweed

Flowering cycle

Root fed:

GH Flora @ Lucas
Hurricane Cal/Mag
Epsom
Age Old new Bioprecise
Molasses

Foliar feed in flower up to 3rd week

Epsom
Neptunes Harvest seaweed

Week 5 12/12 will start using KoolBloom for 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 26 days.jpg
    26 days.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I absolutely love LBL.. I got seeds from a friend of Lorans and then some directly from him when I asked permission
to turn it auto.. he said yes.. project partner shut down though..

Grew mine under a 400w hps light and they were short veg'd for only 2wks. All 4 finished up between 3--4ft with
a single lanky girl smelling like a dang Lemon Tree, most likely the JC2 PHENO.. so I labeled her and had a friend
grow her out.. the buds were golden when cured...

The smoke from all 4 plants was amazing and oh so tasty..

Your plants look amazing for 5wks into flower man.. you can see your experience shining thru for sure...

Think with my small setup I'm best just growing fem'd autos...

Thanks for the kind words Carty

This is my first real grow in I don't know how long 8-10 yrs? It has been a while that's for sure and it has been a relearning process as it should I suppose. Seems everything I enjoy doing requires becoming a student of whatever it is and continuous learning and therefore improvements. I am very surprised at how the LBL's are doing to be honest all 3 went into 12/12 with some issues yellowing from a plethora of problems and user errors but they seem to be doing well. New strains for me outside of being a long time since I last grew and although much of it came back quick it has also been a lot of work.

Couple things I am lacking that I know is big time needed is a better growing atmosphere as far as ventilations and air exchange which I will have sorted soon and with new cuttings from these coming up vegging decently I now have some familiarity with these strains. The afgahni seems bullet proof and I cannot say yet that it will be a keeper as I am looking for afgahni and skunk type terps that are loud and although none of these strains the LBL's or the affie is loud I have hopes that in the end when they have ripened there is something there worth of keeping if not I will start some more beans and trade cuts until I find what I enjoy.

Coming up in veg I have 5 Orange Drop plants from seed, 1 seedling from some amazing bagseed one of my daughters found in a 1/2 lb that I typically would not ever even consider growing out as any I ever have turned hermi but legends have risen from that lone seed so what the heck I thought.

I also yesterday guy a large cut back of my 98 Bubba Kush that Knuck sent me a long time ago. I forget who's cut it was but I love that strain and talk about loud and I also got a very small unrooted cut of my Mental Floss I use to grow and was an amazing exotic strain terp wise and very potent almost too potent for me especially these days but it will be fun building tolerance again : )

I was going to take a couple cuts of my brothers GG#4 as iight but I just simply have never got on the Gorilla wagon and for some reason it just never interested me, why I do not know just havnt had the interest like others.

I did not have any luck germing some Romulan nor Williams Wonder both set of seeds cracked and gave a hint of white taproot and then just stopped. I put them on a warmer seedling mat I put some in a cooler place and they just stopped so makes me think that something in the water I used or maybe some sort of virus or bacteria halted them but they just didn't want to thrive.

So lots of fun over all and a lot of work. Today is day 28 since the flip and this morning I just hit them with 0/6/9/2 Gratefulheads ratio with 2 ml of liquid KoolBloom. I never used KB before so I went conservative even though talking with Knucklehead yesterday said he hits them with 5 ml. Next feeding I will hit the with 5 ml if they respond well to the first 2.

Thanks again

Pic update 33 day

Big shout out to brother Loran for giving me the opportunity to run his creations I am very much in appreciation. Having some troubles late in veg they have bounced back nicely and I cant wait to see what the more vigorous cuts off these will go especially problem free.

The 3 LBL's for the most part had an almost identical terp smell profile but things are a changing now. 2 are for the most part still similar and sort of hard to really describe but I think I smell some lemon starting to be more pronounced. BUt using the Gas, Earth, Fruit and Floral spectrums I would say the 2 that smell similar is more fruit and floral than any other.

The 3rd LBL has taken on a completely different bouquet and went from what I would say a slightly pine fruit to not a banana type smell sort of like a overly ripened banana that my wife uses for bread so maybe pungent but also sweet.

The lone Afghani that has been extremely bullet proof all the way through and a plant that I really like several characteristics about is also getting frosty and its fragrance has also evolved from a very low odor earthy skunk which sort of reminded me of some NL that I use to grow and now is becoming much louder with a pine, skunk sweet minty type smell which I really like and is what I am really after in a strain these days. Always have been my favorite terp profile. That said it would be too good to be true if this plant ended up being what I am searching for but I think she will be some nice flower when finished.

I am back into growing big time and it is starting to consume me in good ways and at times bad ways in that I am taking away time from business more than I should to work with my set up but growing gives me such pleasures and has been a missing link in my life for a long time while not growing. Before it was work, TV beds in between but now growing again is changing this routine and starting to make life fun again and not just all work and stress so I am grateful for every day for many reasons but a big reason is to be able to work with plants again. I prefer them over people : ) most anyway.

So thanks a bunch to all of you for sharing what you do here. time, knowledge, advice and the plant you all are what makes our lifestyle special!

Thanks and keep rockin!

Attachments

• 33dayfull.jpg
    33dayfull.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 33dayfull2.jpg
    33dayfull2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 33daytrich2.jpg
    33daytrich2.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 33dayvolta.jpg
    33dayvolta.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am very curious what the next couple of weeks are going to bring have been surprised a bit at how big the flowers have been early on it actually made me go back and check my notes to see when I flipped them but I have it documented correct. I want to add 2 more 1K's and then bring in some knee high plants in veg but I want to redo my entire room as I hastily put up the panda plastic alone and I know if I took some extra time I can really do much better at sealing the room and also do some painting of the floor and a couple brick walls a cleaner white.

In the end I want to have 4K light and I have some large 125 cylinders of CO2 that I use for my MIG welder so once the room is sealed I want to start using the gas.

zBiggest thing I am doing now in the last half of flowering is adding a lot more circulating fans I only ever had bot rot outdoors in a greenhouse but I don't want to chance any of these so more air is a good way to prevent this.

Thanks again!

Ps. I would have never back in the day defoliated like I did with these and I think I am a believer. I had major hesitation doing so but I defoliated in veg and I am doing it periodically through flower. Not heavily but selectively opening up the canopy and it is working. Some of the inner buds that were covered are not uncovered and growing so I think as long as you do it very selectively it is a great method.

Day 38 LBL & Afghani do well and really sucking the water up big time. I need to get a new thermometer my old one the humidity isn't working shows err. I believe a couple of things are putting heavy frost on these plants especially one of the LBL's but all are getting very frosty. Very low humidity and the 1K MH. I have never flowered mixing HPS & MH but I really believe this might be having a positive effect on trichome production. The downside is I think they are putting out a lot of leaf as well but time will tell on the calyx to leaf ratio. I expect the calyx's to start swelling soon.

Attachments

• day38LBLfrost.jpg
    day38LBLfrost.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 2
  • day38frostsmallnug.jpg
    day38frostsmallnug.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 0
  • day38frostLBL.jpg
    day38frostLBL.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 3
  • day38affie.jpg
    day38affie.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Day 39 - Random pics

Attachments

• day38affie.jpg
    day38affie.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 1
  • day39affiestack.jpg
    day39affiestack.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 3
  • day39hairsbrowningLBL#2.jpg
    day39hairsbrowningLBL#2.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 0
  • day39LBL#1.jpg
    day39LBL#1.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 1
Yes I fed my last primary feeding last Sunday and from here on out I have top dressed with Happy Frog bat guano which I bought around 8 months ago and when it is gone I made a small promise to myself I would not buy anymore because guano mining is pretty hardcore and destructive. So for the next 3 or how ever many weeks before they finish and are ripe every third watering I am feeding them with molasses and every 7th Koolbloom. This is my last grow with commercial chemical ferts like GH Flora and others I want to try and go all organic. I am currently building my own medium to experiment with which is Promix, well aged horse manure, perlite, coco, worm castings and a few other amendments. I grew for years outdoors using horse manure mixed into the soil and I know it will not be sufficient alone as a food source so I am also currently searching for a good high quality organic fert line to use. It will be hard to get away from Flora series and other similar nutes but I am on a mission to find a similar tasting smoke that is my grail if you will and I will never achieve it growing differently than they way I use to when growing the best strain I ever grew, smoked or know about. It may be impossible without growing on the same land and soil as I use to but I will give it an old fashion try using and doing everything I can to duplicate everything. lol I am probably creating more work for myself but I am having fun so why not ya know.

Thanks A for stopping in I always appreciate your input my friend

Back