Plant pics 2019

BCW1

Great Lakes Med user
Sort of my first grow in many years. I started a grow around 1 yr ago and got them to around this same time frame and size and then just got too busy to tend to them.

Strains:

4 LBL (3 fem, 1 male)

1 77 Afghani (male)

1 Romberry (male?)

1 Vermont 4 way x HDF

1 Afghani x NL#9 (1 male?)

One of the LBL I posted some pics of some leaf yellowing in With Doctor thread take a look if you would and give me some feedback. I know I have a slight heat issue and not the best ventilation. Thoughts?

Hmm my tags didn't load with the pics I guess. The little plant next to the larger one is actually the same age as all of these. Can you say RUNT? I need to up pot it but I almost culled it but I couldn't do it. This little was in the same red beer cups as all the others it s starting to gain some momentum so I will give it a little more time. Something is wrong with it just doesn't have any vigor or something.

But since the name tags didn't load with the pics I will have to figure a way to identify the for sure females and the for sure males which there are a couple and a couple I hoped to be fem are males but a couple are still ? hard to tell at this time.

Seeds started 1/14
FF Ocean & Roots Organic soil
GH Flora Lucas 5-10
432 watt T5
Store bought distilled water (Have new RO system will be using RO when room is done being wired up)

In closet now poor ventilation and slight heat build ups. Main room should be done being wired this week and they will go down and under HPS and have a better environment. Really only one plant having some yellowing and some weird leaf twisting laterally. Hard to explain without pics but sort of like really bad arthritis in the hands where the fingers go sideways (ouch) but ya like that.

Attachments

• LBL5.jpg
    LBL5.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 0
  • 77affie.jpg
    77affie.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image1 (2).jpg
    image1 (2).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image2 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image3 (2).jpg
    image3 (2).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1
  • lblmale.jpg
    lblmale.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
  • LBLpluslittle.jpg
    LBLpluslittle.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1
  • lblyellow2.jpg
    lblyellow2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2
  • lbltop.jpg
    lbltop.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks and it is good to be able to post again. Im in it for the long haul now. I have let the gardening hobby be idle for too long and I made up my mind that I am not going to just work and sleep the rest of my life. Youngest is 18 and off to college after this school year. Oldest is graduated with her PH.D, Middle daughter heading to Dentistry school this year somewhere out in California so just 2 college tuitions to go and 5 cars and insurance and cell phones and rent and gas money and dad can you app me %50 bucks and 20, and 100 and and... lol

Time for dad to stop and smell the buds and have some fun. I just want to grow my garden and travel outside of the US more. Wife retires from Public teaching this year and I want to explore cultures. Maybe the only major do over I would change in my life would be not to be tied ids and the hustle bustle life style and travel the world.

I have a plan the hard part is putting the talk into action but it is a goal that I plan to achieve. I have been told my entire life that it is hell getting old and time flys by. I believe it then somewhat now I know. We don't have quantity of time so we have to do our best to make it quality.

I flush one plant giving me some issues last night and I did my first ever defoliation trying to open the plant up. I know it has been talked about on both sides of the tracks and I personally didn't believe in defoliation but worth a shot. I didn't pluck them heavily but enough so hopefully it helps.

I'm not partial to popcorn so like to remove some lowers but I'm not sure about defoliation.
I see the guys using the pistilwhip method but man that's hacking off a lot of solar panels seems to me.

lol I know and thus my reservation. I did not remove a ton that's for sure but I did some inner leaves and I can see the penetration already. I wish I would have bought one of these 8 bulb T5 fixtures a long time about I like the output and intensity for a floro.

It’s practically impossible to prune or defoliate outdoor plants.
Can you imaging keeping up pruning of plants that grow 14’ tall?...

Oh come on now, put some time in everyday, and it’s no problem keeping the interior clean and empty of any popcorn or fans.

Boy I am really loving the way Loran's LBL are structured. What a great job he did. Every plant I have grown thus far into veg now and my last start up that I could not finish due to time restraints are almost identical in structure. Very clean and uniformed plants. The flower development is going to be awesome I do believe. Node spacing is perfect and I see no reason why flowers should not stack and fill.

Are these F2's does anyone know? This line seems very stable and sort of surprised that there is not much variation.

Only for this reason would I wish to fast forward 60 some days but these are going into flower hopefully this weekend and then time will tell but I am very impressed. Loran picked some good stock to make these.

I need some major help and advice. Plants for the mot part were looking and doing great. I had some yellowing that some thought was over feeding. I flushed and it seemed like things were getting better but now as you can see I am having some major yellowing. I honestly do not know what it is at this point whether over doing it or under. Please take a look and see what you think. Roots organic and FF Ocean soil, I have been feeding them standard levels of Cal/mag like every 2 weeks and GH Flora lucas 5/10 because they were under floro's until around a week ago. Now they are under 1K MH and hoped to switch them to flower this week but I don't want to flip them until I have this figured and sorted.

There is a newly extra emphasis on this grow now. I have not had a garden in a couple years and every day being away from the hobby I missed it dearly as you all know the passion behind what we do. Well maybe it is just coincidence and how life works but I have been putting both feet in working hard to get a god garden going with an almost eternal determination to make time and do it as right as possible. Friday my wife came to my shop and first pulled my brother aside knowing that I am a very emotional person and rather weak when it comes to dramatic happenings especially when it involves the people I love she finally told me that she is sick and has been since Christmas eve and that she doesn't know for sure but she has a major issue going on with her liver which involves some sort of auto immune issue. Mind you my wife is as perfect of a human being as we get and he only imperfectness is me. She has had maybe 10 drinks of alcohol in her life, smoked with me maybe 2 times in her life never smoked cigarettes and lives a very healthy life for the most part. This shit is devastating me. We have been together since I was 14 and she 16 and we are now 47 and 49 she is my everything. She is so independent that if she could she would go through all this by herself. No one deserves these health issues especially people like her. She has given everything to us her family and to so many people that comes into her life. She has helped so many kids and familys throughout her near 30 years of being a Special education teacher in public school system and one of the most admired educators in Michigan if not the country. I deserve this type of health issue not her. I could go on and on but I am pretty hurt and uncertain what is going to happen.

Like I mentioned it is probably timing and coincidence but something other than passion has been driving me to grow again and whether or not the cosmos has anything to do with this I need to get these girls healthy. I have no idea if my wife will use cannabis in any way going forward if she needs an alternative medicine but I want to be able to provide her with it if she chooses to. After getting this problem resolved hopefully I also need to start growing 100% organic. I use Flora nutes and figure the amount of flushing I do at the end pretty much takes care of anything heavy at least I hope but I need to switch to organic so I can make sure I am providing chemical free meds for her if she chooses.

Thanks for the help and ear. It is going to be a rough road ahead I do believe.

Attachments

• image1 (6).jpg
    image1 (6).jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 11
  • image1 (7).jpg
    image1 (7).jpg
    274 KB · Views: 12
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image2 (5).jpg
    image2 (5).jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 8
What ppm ?
What pH?
More importantly, do you KNOW your pH/ppm pens function correctly?
Fox Farm, not super familiar, but hows the drainage?
Temps of feeding water? Floor temps? Grow room temps?

Hey Bodhi

Thanks and drainage is great I always get the run off I am looking for. Up until a week ago they when temps I am sure where at least in the high 80's maybe even 90's but I had 8 gallons of homemade Co2 going sugar and yeast hoping that would help and as you can see from the pics in my first post on this thread they were looking good even in that hot poor ventilation environment now they have been in a 10x10 room where temps are in the mid to lower 70's. The pots are up off the cement floor on a black plastic shipping pallet 48x48x5" actually a really great idea to keep them off the floor and they have great drainage through the pallet which drains through the pallet onto the concrete and water goes right into my sewage lift.

I have been using General Hydroponics PH drop testing and honestly I feel more accurate and comfortable with these drops than I even do any of the PH digital pens I have had over the years. My EC/PPM blue Hanna meter is old and I have not put new batteries in it yet to see if the electrode needs to be replaced from years of being dried out so I have no way to measure the PPM's at this time but again I am using distilled water which should be 0 ppm I hope anyway and using flora series 2 part lucas for floro 5,10 and the Foxfarm is just the ocean forest blend of soil and also using roots organic both very comparable to each other. I am finding that I prefer Roots organic over the FF though.

I will post more info as soon as possible. I am going to get new PH and PPM meters if needed.

When seeing them what is the first gut feeling you have? Over feeding or under? In one of my other threads when one of the plants first started getting some yellowing between the inter veins sections of the leafs some said over feeding which is possible but these plants have not really been fed a whole lot and over feeding was my last thought.

I think that my watering regimen is perfect. I really didn't ever have a propel over watering in soil and again I believe I water them almost precisely when they need it. I know the weight of each plant well and know when they are a day from witling. When some said over feeding in a different thread a couple weeks ago I flushed the effected plants and thought they started to look better but things have progressed to some pretty severe yellowing. My gut first said this was a nitrogen deficiency but the bottom of all the plants are not really affected. My second gut feeling is PH issue and possibly a lock out or toxicity build up from the PH issue but unless these GH PH testing drops are not accurate my PH levels have been in the yellow area which is a perfect PH area for soil it is a general range meaning not too acidic and not to alkaline

The only other thing is I have adjusted some tap water lately with PH down when I ran out of distilled water. My tap water right out of the tap has a higher PH of around in the 8's, 10 drops of GH's PH down brings it to yellow which is 6 PH so maybe it is the PH down drops, I have always hated using ph down or up for that matter. I don't believe that I over use it but still always hated it.

I have also used half tap water and half distilled and that half and half mix actually brings the reading to around neutral 7 and using flora at Lucas 5,10 that acidity naturally brings the PH to the yellow which is approx. 6 PH.

I was never a master at soil but skills a little above average from trial and error and diligence wanting to learn and I taught I was doing well until this all started lol. I desperately need to get back to hydro either DWC or Coco but I also want to get 100% organic in case my wife wants or needs to use cannabis as a medicine. If she does I am sure it will be through edibles in some fashion but whatever she chooses if she chooses I want it to be clean.

Thank you very much for the help

Plants for the mot part were looking and doing great. I had some yellowing that some thought was over feeding. I flushed and it seemed like things were getting better but now as you can see I am having some major yellowing.
Roots organic and FF Ocean soil, I have been feeding them standard levels of Cal/mag like every 2 weeks and GH Flora lucas 5/10 because they were under floro's until around a week ago. Now they are under 1K MH...

...hopefully I also need to start growing 100% organic.
...I had 8 gallons of homemade Co2 going sugar and yeast hoping that would help and as you can see from the pics in my first post on this thread they were looking good even in that hot poor ventilation environment now they have been in a 10x10 room where temps are in the mid to lower 70's.

When some said over feeding in a different thread a couple weeks ago I flushed the effected plants and thought they started to look better but things have progressed to some pretty severe yellowing. My gut first said this was a nitrogen deficiency but the bottom of all the plants are not really affected.
The one notable change I see is the light intensity. Previously, light was the limiting factor. It was easy for the chloroplasts to maintain the green in the plant. And would be why it may have had an excessive build up of salts in the medium....because the plants couldn't use them. Now, by switching to the 1k MH, you've removed that bottle neck. So the chloroplasts are struggling to keep up...they are running through the provided N very quickly. When I run into a general yellowing, when everything else seems balanced, I like to use fish emulsion to correct it. It is pretty much nothing but N, and is very mild for the plants. Fits in with the organic desire as well.

feeding them standard levels of Cal/mag like every 2 weeks and GH Flora lucas 5/10 because they were under floro's until around a week ago. Now they are under 1K MH

too much light. raise the lights for the time being and CaMg + nutes every watering. :2c:

But this is yellowin from the top down, N def would be from the bottom up.

Not when you take light intensity into consideration. The lower areas are shaded, so not as difficult for the chloroplasts there to keep the leaves green...up top, the light intensity has those chloroplasts in overdrive.

Back