pH for Coco

I just use 2 part base nutes and maybe a root stimulant and enzyme. Pk once or twice and some budswell if I'm feeling funky... Also silica blast when needed as above ^^ or camg if I must

Some great answers here that reassure me I'm in the ballpark at least. While we're on the ph subject, does anybody clean their meters for real? I've had mine a while and its been steady and accurate just keeping it in ro water storage cap and calibrating every few weeks. (Takes about 30 seconds, seriously love my bluelab combo meter...yes I marry it)

Yeah. Keep your probe head clean. Clean it even if it doesn't look dirty. It'll significantly improve the life of the probe. I learned this in Chemistry class.

i gotta get a new probe for my meter. I haven't used it in a couple grows now. I barely measure the nova anymore.

remember how much you let your coco dry out effects what ph you should be using. Ive got some big plants that'll nearly dry out a pot the morning after its watered. those get higher ph closer to 6.3-6.4 hell maybe 6.5.. but that's late fower as well. lots of nutes been pumped thru them. super happy though.

I augment with organic amendments and I go up to 6.3-6.6. Beautiful, healthy green plants. No runoff, no flushing. I also let the pots dry out often. Just about everything that everyone says not to do when growing in coco! lol

I augment with organic amendments and I go up to 6.3-6.6. Beautiful, healthy green plants. No runoff, no flushing. I also let the pots dry out often. Just about everything that everyone says not to do when growing in coco! lol

go up to 6.3-6.6 from what? Or that's your pH always? WHat PPM? as that matters too with no run off and dry/wet cycles.

A lot of us float the pH in effort to gain absorption of nutrients as well as ppm fluctuations. Dry cycles also happen and I don't see a lot of benefit or negative effect though I am about to get serious about auto feed in flower and veg so I will be playing with no possible dry cycles rather than multiple times per week dry cycles when I can't feed them soon enough due to logistics of life.
Auto is new to me so I'll see what happens in my tent....
Coco is kinda foolproof if you nail the pH and ppm.....

Back