Pciked up a rosin press

oldsog

Champion Shit-stirrer
picked this up yesterday 20ton, 4x7 plate, 2 elements per plate and a 1ton hand-crank prepress for pressing molds/pucks.

picture.php

have a friend that's been doing some of my gear ........turns out nice.....stony.......easy storage......

enjoy.........

I've had several different rosin samples and never been impressed with the flavor...what am I doing wrong? It's good rosin but it all looks pale odd colored and doesn't taste very good compared to bho or even good dry sift. I think the stuff these guys run is top shelf but I just Don't get the hype?

I see jungle boys running it and it looks exactly the same....

if it smells before it should smell after
...only too high temps can wreck that
even dry sift rosin can taste so good..

I've had several different rosin samples and never been impressed with the flavor...what am I doing wrong?
not sure you're doing it wrong but temp plays a big part as does duration and starting material. i've been pressing both flowers and keif at 190 for about 45-60 seconds. i'm a total newb at this

found this online

• 160º-180ºF: Powder, and denser materials.
  • 180º-220ºF: Flower
  • 220º-250ºF: Dated or lower quality material.
  • The quality of your starting material will directly influence your final product.

pressed 5g of GMO @ 190 degrees and after 2 presses got about .8g
then pressed 5 more grams of GMO @ 220 degrees and after 2 presses got about .8g
so about 16% return from the GMO

the stuff at 190 is lighter

Siskiyou Sam dropped off a sample of "poop soup" that ain't purdy, but is damn tasty and effective.

He pressed it using kif from buds that were fresh frozen and then tumbled with dry ice in a walk in cooler.

He pressed it using kif from buds that were fresh frozen and then tumbled with dry ice in a walk in cooler.

Makes perfect sense. Too bad I can't squeeze into the chest freezer to do some processing (sounds like a Darwin Award in the making!)

Good luck with the pressing matters at hand OldSog!

Haven't quite figured out the dryness needed for my kief rig, seems like I need bone dry, otherwise it's all wadding up on the tumbler screen.

i can never get things all dry here..but if its frozen..i think it goes through better

but i am not one for maximizing things.

Last edited:
Hola OS!...

How is the squishing going?.....

I am trying to figure out a way to lower my costs on bags...nothing reusable out there , hell , if I could get 2 presses out of one bag I would be happy..

Most inexpensive way to go is buy the SS screen by the roll and cut your own and fold. I hated it, and just swallowed the cost of bags. Get ya every which way eh Big, lol. Use Everclear or buy bags, lol.

You can make RSO with the used squish, bags into the jar and soak.

im wanting to try this and have been watching videos on it but havent got a press, dont want to spend $700 or so. it may be cheaper to diy one that can do ~30 gm at a time.

the bags seem pricey and in some if the videos they will blow out easier if they arent turned inside out, the seam on the inside.

I've been curious about this pressing ya'll been talking about
Very interesting thank you Big for the video :)

Back