Oregon Purple Thai (OPT)

Totally different beasts would be my guess.

Since the OPT is such a pain to grow and tough to figure out ect, has anyone tried to S1 her and pick out a similar pheno but with easier growth characteristics?

I just recently found an old stash of seeds I thought I had lost ages ago, in it was a pack of potent purple via Reeferman. 15 seeds were given as opposed to 10 because of the large number of deformed offspring produced (%40) co/ the OPT . They weren't stored in the best conditions but here's to hoping they are still viable if one day I ever get to them :)...

Cheers,
Bod

Last edited:
Anyone still run this gal?

"It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Interesting..... Would love to find this one or any crosses of her...

Not sure about the orgn kid or any of his seeds, but if its Thai , worth a try!!

"It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Interesting..... Would love to find this one or any crosses of her...

Not sure about the orgn kid or any of his seeds, but if its Thai , worth a try!!

Robert Louis Stevenson

I'm still taking my potent purples forward, at F5/F6 and + now (current run F7).. I'm sure I could spare you some in the future.

Last edited:
Happy Haole... There are some gems in them for sure! I grew out a few awhile back, got some really awesome plants from them!

Still2Big... Lol

I got two females here looking good about 3-4 days into 12/12 not much to see but here ye go and I'll go see if I can find some info on these to post. I believe this cross here now is a F4 or F5 not sure 100%

Its a FLO and OPT and something else.... These are several quotes from different posts etc...

*** Not my quotes ***

This is my line breeding aimed capturing/isolating the OPT. It is in F4 and progressing well based on my breeding objectives. I will post some more pics over the week to update everyone on the girls finish this year.

Flo (circa 2002) was the first block and the second was a OPT cross of confirmed origin by DJ, but a bit of a secret...can't give away all the details and ruin the fun for you BTW, like women that wear sweaters if you know what I mean.

Anyways here are the pictures I took of two plants look for the stake to tell them apart.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 4
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 4
I got two females here looking good about 3-4 days into 12/12 not much to see but here ye go and I'll go see if I can find some info on these to post. I believe this cross here now is a F4 or F5 not sure 100%

Its a FLO and OPT and something else.... These are several quotes from different posts etc...

*** Not my quotes ***

This is my line breeding aimed capturing/isolating the OPT. It is in F4 and progressing well based on my breeding objectives. I will post some more pics over the week to update everyone on the girls finish this year.

Flo (circa 2002) was the first block and the second was a OPT cross of confirmed origin by DJ, but a bit of a secret...can't give away all the details and ruin the fun for you BTW, like women that wear sweaters if you know what I mean.

Anyways here are the pictures I took of two plants look for the stake to tell them apart.

Beautiful plants, but they really don't resemble the OPT at all. No disrespect intended, but one can't seriously expect to isolate OPT from some unknown/secret cross and Flo. It just doesn't make any sense. OPT is/was a fairly unique plant to grow.

Beautiful plants, but they really don't resemble the OPT at all. No disrespect intended, but one can't seriously expect to isolate OPT from some unknown/secret cross and Flo. It just doesn't make any sense. OPT is/was a fairly unique plant to grow.

No worries....

Its not unknown just unknown to me and I thought it was the NL x OPT as I recall reading it posted by him somewhere just cannot find it yet.

These are immature untopped from seed plants.

Either way i'll post some mature flowering pictures later on.

I am also using 1000w Dual Arc lamps trying to get a closer to outdoor light source.

No worries....

Its not unknown just unknown to me and I thought it was the NL x OPT as I recall reading it posted by him somewhere just cannot find it yet.

These are immature untopped from seed plants.

Either way i'll post some mature flowering pictures later on.

I am also using 1000w Dual Arc lamps trying to get a closer to outdoor light source.

Oh, that makes a big difference, let's hope they look different once they mature a bit.

I do think you are right about the cross though, I think it was an NL#5. He had a fem cross too that I was always interested in.

Presume you talk of R.CC's line TB? if so it is OPTxNL.... The OPT phenos would have narrow leaves....

Here are some shots of OPT S1's I grew out. I liked these plants a lot. They got huge and really packed on the frost, in only 7-8 weeks. The smoke was very tasty, much like an OG but with some other sweet and spicy aromas coming through, its tough to describe honestly. Potency was way up there, a solid 8-9 out of 10, easy.

Hope you enjoy them 2big!

OPT is the large branched out girl on the far left, from seed.
2012-12-24_18-09-18_366.jpg

IMG_20130107_181755.jpg

IMG_20130107_181848.jpg

2012-12-24_18-06-04_840.jpg

IMG_20130107_182629.jpg

IMG_20130107_183758.jpg

IMG_20130107_183726.jpg

IMG_20130107_183521.jpg

IMG_20130107_183327.jpg

Back