Oregon Purple Thai (OPT)

Seymour Cake

Landrace Enthusiast
Does any fellow members still have this cutting? She was a bitch to grow but all the best are :)

I'd like to do a few crosses with her... And that super-clear no ceiling high wasnt bad either.

Thanks everyone

i used to grow this cut. its awesome stuff when grown with very very light nutes, i agree she was a bitch to grow and even more a bitch to clone. she was good stuff imo. :yum:

man this was one of the hardest plants to figure out. but man she has such a killer taste and stone.. ran her like 2-3 times and then had to loose her on a bacth of cuts that didnt root no surprise though. i ahd cuts of her take almost 25 days to root.

I never figured out the OPT at all. I even did like CBF/luminous and gave her no nutes and she still freaked out. I never had a rooting problem though, usually got them in 7 days.

IMO Blue Heaven > OPT, BH has the same OPT high but has a super taste and is much easier to manage.

damn 7 days kephra, it took me 2 times to get some to root, AND it took 14 days minimum.

but i had real great sucess with the soil mix i had her in. it was real sandy and lightly nuted. never tried the blue heaven, how long does it take?

25 days swerve, most people would have tossed her out at 25 days no roots. or way before haha. :rollj:

I never figured out the OPT at all. I even did like CBF/luminous and gave her no nutes and she still freaked out. I never had a rooting problem though, usually got them in 7 days.

IMO Blue Heaven > OPT, BH has the same OPT high but has a super taste and is much easier to manage.

whats the flowering time on blue heaven

blue heaven was a strain i always wanted to try...by time i got serious about it, it was sold out.

rumor has it that it's the ultimate anti -anxiety strain.

From everything I've learned OPT is old and tired and probably one of the reasons she's a bit difficult. I guess that kind of depends on where you got the cut from though. I messed with her a bit and too finicky...sure the low nute requirement thing but a bit weak and a PM magnet. I basically trashed her and gave her to a friend to finish and with rudimentary care she was an awful performer. The cut I got came out of the Applegate Valley in OR and from what I understand has been maintained for many years by inbreeding every now and then...enough to bottleneck her. A great way to bring her back to life is introduce new genes.

At this point, based on my experience, wouldn't touch anything with OPT in it :deadhorse2:

sporster still grows a OPT seedline up there in OR. think DJ had said Reefs OPT was the same plant he used?

first grow of it was my best(RM cut) nice chunky purple buds, from that point it all went down hill. managed a few seeds off the last plant.

sporster still grows a OPT seedline up there in OR. think DJ had said Reefs OPT was the same plant he used?

first grow of it was my best(RM cut) nice chunky purple buds, from that point it all went down hill. managed a few seeds off the last plant.
All I know is for sure the cut I played with came out of southern OR...and was genuinely tired due to inbreeding. It was from peeps that had kept it going from DJ's days around that area. If the same cut maintained for all those years without inbreeding then for sure better.

never tried the blue heaven, how long does it take?

BH takes about 7 weeks (all 3 moms we have are the same in this respect), but a couple of weeks longer if you want to add some body to it. When growing side by side in veg you can not tell OPT and BH apart from each other.

rumor has it that it's the ultimate anti -anxiety strain.

For us here it is. The high sneaks up a bit so you just can't over do it.

BH takes about 7 weeks (all 3 moms we have are the same in this respect), but a couple of weeks longer if you want to add some body to it. When growing side by side in veg you can not tell OPT and BH apart from each other.

is the BH just as picky to grow? i really liked the OPT once i got her down. wish i still had her to do some breeding with.

is the BH just as picky to grow? i really liked the OPT once i got her down. wish i still had her to do some breeding with.

Our oldest mom is a bit fussy and will auto-flower when rootbound. You can keep this at bay by pruning a lot but eventually she'll need a root trim or just make another mom. she likes lower light and dryer medium as well as 1/2 strength nutes (from your normal feeders) and she is all aces. She is about 8 years old.

mom #2 is so simple to grow it's not even funny.

mom #3 is a royal pain in the azz and i haven't even figured her out yet.

old mom #1 is the best though, all have almost the same buzz but this one has most smell and taste.

daddy is also easy and the offspring all grow super easy so far and like all the BH, clone really easy/fast.

call me biased but imo, the BH stomps the OTP. :)

if I remember correctly...reeferman's senior garcia was half OPT crossed with panama red and my two ladies were excellent. easy to grow with no hassles. not very lanky either. nice dense buds with a decent yield. great buzz and flavor. poor germ rate but they were about 6 year old...
still got the better one going with no plans to drop her any time soon.

I had a lot of fun with the "potent purple" from reeferman back in the day...

it was optx refined indica

there were some freaks at the begining but they grew normal after a few sets of leaves

very tasty light green to purple nuggs on a taller plant

best of luck in finding the opt cut guys!!!

Back