Nextlight 525 watt LED

Just been reading a lot on these LED fixtures am thinking of getting the Next light Mega 650 watt LED or the Black Dog 800 phytomax 2 in a few days do any of you guys know much about these lights?
Any info would be appreciated am in kind of a hurry to replace my 600 hps

Thanks Peacebiscuit

i know Next Light has good components i have not heard anything but good reviews...

I'm running two Nextlight Megas in a 4x8 tent. The first harvest was really good, better quality than with 2x 1k HPS. Half as much heat means smaller fan running less. Denser buds, less stretch. Yield was decent, but to be honest that was not my primary concern. The way the market is going, QUALITY is more important than QUANTITY ;)

I got my Megas from www. ledgrowlightsdepot. com. Still expensive! But they had a deal on two Megas + a 4x8 Gorilla tent, so I ended up going for it. I'm very satisfied with the quality of the product, and the fact that they are UL listed (most LED manufacturers don't bother). Five year warranty, and I think the company will still be around in five years, so that's good.

Congrats on the new lights, they sound epic, but to costly for my cheap arse... I'm new to LED lights,
always used HPS, around 600w.. small setups. I started with a 300w LED light but have upped it to a 600w
in a very small tent.. 2 x 2 x 4.. so the light is up at top of tent...

Do you notice bud development is a wee bit slower with LED, but, when it starts it seems to go crazy and
start to bulk up pretty quick.. ?

luck with all endeavors man..

I haven't noticed a lag in the start of flowering, but I could see how that might happen due to different light spectra. My Megas are bluer than the old 1k HPSs. That is, they have the same general distribution in the reds and yellows, but much more yellow-green and a big peak in the blue part of the spectrum that Hortilux HPSs don't have. This, and the cooler operating temps in the grow, translates to less stretch and denser flowers. And I think the multi-point source and better PAR values might mean more vigorous flowering, but I think that depends on other factors, too (cultivar, nutrition, etc.).

I just Bought the Nextlight Mega so guess I will know how good it is sure wasn't cheep. But if it does everything they claim well worth the up front money....,.

I'm sure with full national legalization just around the corner here in the US, growing for profit will become a thing of the past. Sorry. But it's true! At that point for those who just want to grow their own cannabis for piece of mind, they will probably be doing so with LEDs. I know I probably will! Because who cares if they're fluffy buds if they get you just as high as you can with rock hard nugs? We're gonna be seeing pot prices like we did in the 70's. Growing will only be profitable for business's that can grow tons. With global warming, it's going to be costly enough to run AC. Ya won't need AC with LEDs. I'm sure I'm gonna catch some flak for that! But for now HPS is king!

The main reason I decided to upgrade is because when the Old Man dies my Income will be reduced by half so figure I can afford the electric a bit better with the LED And I was in need of upgrades bad my 600 hps is a freaking Dinosaur.
Looking forward to my first flower with the Mega!

Peace

I can vouch for Boulder based black dog.
But only their lowest powered cabinet model -200.

Omfg - tightest internodes I’ve ever seen. The veg portion is ridiculous. Unfortunately, my buddy hasn’t done a great job managing the flowering cycles. So I haven’t yet seen the full potential. We just flipped yesterday a few small items. And we went back to soil bc he just couldn’t manage coco well. So fingers crossed it works out. But the amount of veg and internode spacing is ridiculous.

No issues with reliability one year in.

Good luck
Hope that helps
Fh

for anyone looking at HLG led lights i recommend checking out r2thk.com and kingbrite.com much cheaper then hlg

Back