My Cramped Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to take a pic of the bottom of the C1 cab which has a vented fluorescent section for clones/seedlings.

The light in the tent is a 400w CMH which is run of the timer/on delay pictured at the top of the C1.

The small blue room is vented to the outside by a Panasonic Whisper Quiet fan in the ceiling. It came in handy last grow when the carbon filter died halfway through the flowering of the grapefruit X blueberry now in jars.

Last edited:
What to grow. I could have started today if I knew the answer to that. I have more beans than one person could grow in a lifetime, compounded by the fact that some are getting old (10 years). Do I try and sprout oldest first or what sounds good? Not sure.

The other question I'm still looking for an answer to after a lot of searching is; bleach or h2o2 for the initial soak?

I've had success with peroxide in the past, but midsummer (I think, too much reading) says bleach is where it's at.

prz...lol...wish I had your problems ! "City" water out here in the sticks smells like you`re drinkin` chlorine , so no need to do anything but soak the seeds . And too many beans to pick from....nice problem !! I`ve personally not used peroxide or bleach , just straight tap water . Put up a poll and lets see what gets picked for ya` to grow .
peace

Sweet setup, following along here!
Choices are a good thing. Are you planning to make seed, anything old you really want to hold onto w/ F2's? Sometimes I do 1 or 2 of many strains when exploring, and doing it for yourself you don't need to fret about yields. Good luck! :woohoo:

I just vaped some "grapefruit" from CO that I think is a C99 cross. Anyway, I'm really liking it. So, sativa leaning it'll be. I have some burmese sat. X blueberry that is getting pretty old. When (thinking positive) they pop above soil I'll post them up.

Nice, my area is about that or less. I have only one grow area, about 4' wide x 3' deep and I had to put a shelf top in it at about 5 feet high. The tent insert sure did finish up the area nicely, guess I better finish getting my panda plastic up over the foam board, sure hope it looks as clean as your area does. Kudos on your grow space

The other question I'm still looking for an answer to after a lot of searching is; bleach or h2o2 for the initial soak?

bleach sounds icky. H2O2 ever so lightly. what i do is pH some water, add a few drops of peroxide and some weak B1.

also use 1 drop or less of a product called HB-101 (extracted from cedar, cypress, pine, and plantains).

everything goes into a shotglass. let em sink, etc.

plant point down (tho that's debated if it's necessary) in hydro with pucks or rapid rooters. i ust read you can place the bean horizontal if just sticking into soil/soiless for germination. that way the seed can choose it's route, which is how it works in nature eh :smarty:

I'm risking the embarrassment of failure but I wanted to do this in real time. After 24 hours in a shot glass of distilled water and 1ml of H2O2, (5) burmese x blueberry went into Dr. Earth's seedling mix. Now the wait.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 9
the huts are fun I myself run a 4x8, 4x4 and a 3x6 inside a 10 foot by 10 foot room im running a t5 and 1k hps with a harvest every 8 weeks

5/5 for 10+ year old seeds:jump:. One though doesn't know up from down with the tap growing to the surface. When it first emerged I covered it with more soil to allow it to make a U-turn without drying out. But after two days it poked through again. The only thing I could think to do was to carefully scoop out the small ball of soil around it and flip it upside down. Probably won't work but it was a goner the way it was.

I fired up the 400w CMH in the DR90 for the first time and was disappointed with how much heat it put out. A difference of nearly 20f from an ambient of 65f. I've run the 400 in my old C13 cab and the difference wasn't as great due probably to the fact that it was summer and central air was running in the next room instead of the furnace.

I may swap out for the T5s, at least for veg..

Help

In all past grows I've used an HID high above seedlings and lowered it as they got bigger. That's all I've done and all I know. Seedlings in past grows have always shown growth everyday.

Since the 400w was creating so much heat in the room, I switched over to T5s in the tent. I found that the small 105w floro in the cab was the opposite of the 400 in that it didn't provide any heat into the room that has an ambient temp. of 65f. Now the room stays around 75f.. Seems about right except that the sprouts have stalled in growth and one of the five just flopped over and died yesterday. I found that it's tap was only about 1/2" long. I'm guessing by that and it's desiccated appearance that it just wasn't reaching the moist soil lower in the cup.

So I'm stumped. Any ideas would be appreciated before I loose any more. I hope these crappy pics can help.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 15
I was keeping at about 20" above. As recommended, I've moved the fixture down to 8" from the tops. I'll keep a better watch on soil moisture. I suffer from dampoffphobia since I've lost seeds to it years ago. That explains the death yesterday. Too dry.

Thanks for the help. I keep posting until harvest or they're all dead:pointlaugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back