Makin' Some Bubble Hash,,,,,,

arcinNsparkin

Well I finally got the house restoration done, 'n today they returned all the contents they packed 'n stored. This included all my sausage 'n jerky makin, equipment, all my canin' equipment 'n supplies, my turkey roaster, meat slicer 'n my bubble bags 'n buckets. They didn't unpack any of my stuff today, np, but I had to open 15 different boxes to find my bubble bag 'n buckets. Dayum gone for 8 months, 'n in that time I have put away in the freezer 4 large baggies of close trim.
Check out the water color from mixin' it. It's a pink color, lol. Now the trim is probably 50% Lemon Larry, which is 'n extremely dark purple when finished, 'n usually I'll get a purplish color to the water, not pink. None of the other trim is really purple, AK47, SSH, Super Lemon Haze, a couple different sours.
Wonder if I'll get pink hash, lol jk.
Looks like I'll have to make two batches...

aNs

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
Love it, Arc. Pretty pink!

I've kept the bags wet lately. Got no room in the freezers for trim and ice. Building up a decent stash of hash, will likely bubble a bit of this outdoor crop eventually.

Nice looking bubble brewing there Arcin and the harvest will please the bubble maker. Bubble on ..... :hands:

Impressive stuff there Sparky, be sure to post some pics up of the finished product :thumright:

:exactly::exactly::exactly:
Yes please do.
I have had all different colors of hash from pinkish tan to black.
My last batch came out nice and cocoa color but it had several strains that were darker included in one mix.

Thanks ya'llran outta steam last night, had to finish the first batch today. Last night I had a couple of monkey wrenchs get in the way. First I had way too much trim in the bucket, so i took about a third out 'n stuck it in the fridge. Next my mixin' bag (220 micron)the rubber coatin, is deterioratin' so is my next size 90 micron. Guess it's time for a new set. I certainly got my use out of this set. Got a 7 bag set from BC off flea bay for $73.00cdn, 7-8 years ago.
So got up this morn 'n did the second run of the first batch. I like to do two runs for each batch.
So I still had the wet weed that I had to take out of the first batch, plus another large baggie of frozen weed.
I've just completed the mixin of the second batch, first run. I'll let it sit for 30 minutes, then mix for 15 more. Let sit for thirty, the drain 'n pull the bags
Here's the product from last night. You can see the pink stain on the paper towel.
Now look at the color of tonight's batch two, no pink or purple, go figure, it's not like I had this type in one baggie 'n another in another baggie.
Just had a sample of batch one, off the piece in the upper right, very dark, very dense, 'n so sticky when ya pull it apart. From the 76 micron bag.

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey ya'll, like I said, time consuming, it's just after midnight 'n I've just completed batch two, run one. It's still pretty wet....
OK, time to start mixin' batch two, run two.well maybe a quick pipe full from batch one.

aNs

Thanks for sharing, arcN. I see how it's supposed to be done.

I see many people, instructions of youtube, taking hours and hours, even overnight to let the bags settle. I get the bags out, mix for six minutes and strain the weed, repeat.
Actually I mix in a separate pail and pour into the pail with the bags. I will also dunk the work bag in a bucket of water and pour that through the bags a couple of times. I lift the bags out of the bucket and empty the water when full and put the bags back in without straining out the kief. Then I'll take out each bag and collect the shit. I hope you can follow this...:slap:
I have tried mixing carefully with a wooden spoon but mostly I mix a little more aggressively with a paint stirrer attachment on a drill motor. I had a couple of runs with too much veg matter but that was with dried weed. Fresh/frozen I've not had that issue. Actually I did one three minute run with the spoon and then a six minute mix with the stirrer and there was not noticeable difference in the product. Again, I don't look for contest winning pure bubble. Just a decent tasting, mind blowing hash.

I may be all wet (probably), but I'm done quickly and have all the hash I can smoke. I press the keif as follows; wrap the dried kief in parchment paper then cellophane (or aluminum foil) and then wet newspaper. Cover with a cloth and press with a hot iron. Into the freezer for ten minutes, take out the hash and roll it into a ball or whatever.

I pressed a a half dozen grams yesterday and have a friend coming over to do a few runs today. That time of the year! Lots of TRIM. :cheesegrater:

back about a couple of decades ago, the best/cleanest that I ever did (I think it was before bubble bags) was with ice and then settled and siphoned from the bottom. Very small scale. People then started using washing machines with ice, catching the gold from the spin hose. Have not seen anyone posting those methods, lately.

I know that it's all work, but you guys are so lucky just to be doin it! Some of us do live vicariously (sp?) through what you post!

Here's batch two, runs one 'n two. It's still kinda wet.

aNs

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1
Nice piles, ArcN.

Did a run of trim and a run of bud today. Showing my Bud how to...

Outstanding yield, beautiful light sandy color. I'll share a photo when we press it tomorrow.

Looking good Sparky .... you still have my address right, I could use that lighter too bro ... enjoy the labours of the bags

We'll all done, finally, but looks like I'll be smokin' some nice hash while sittin' on stand waitin' for the deer to walk by, so I can invite them home for dinner. Buddy came over the other day 'n gifted me a small pipe that will be just perfect.
So it looks like my final yield will be around two Zs, give or take. Some of its still a bit damp 'n still dark in color, but batch one, run one is turnin' some nice dark brown shades, that was the pink run, lol

Burnie, yes it's the first i tried, no noticeable flavour to it, but very sticky. Three four hits I'm pretty buzzed, like right now, lol.

Dayum doc, I looked, must of misplaced it, lol

Hey shovel, I know it's recommended to stir when mixin,' I use a ten buck mix master, too labor intensive with the spoon. Lol on my third mix master in fifteen years. I've never really had a problem with "contaminates" as such. I freeze my trim as soon as I cut. When ready I run my water as cold as possible, then fill a five gallon bucket with it 'n then ad a block of ice to get it real cold. Place my bags into the bucket, get the weed out, put a bunch of ice cubes, maybe a half gallon, then take hand fulls 'n cut it with kitchen shears into the mixin' bag, 220 microns. Half way through the weed, I then add a half gallon of crushed cubes on top of it, then cut the rest of the weed onto it, 'n then more cubes on top. Then add my ice water to about two inches from the top. I'll then hit it with the mix master for thirty minutes, 'n then let it sit for half 'n hour, of course have a hoot while waitin' lol. Then I'll mix for fifteen more minutes 'n let it sit again for half 'n hour. Then I'll drain, 'n pull the bags. I'll the reload the bags 'n weed, ad more ice 'n do a second run, same timin' for mixin' 'n Settlin'. I love makin' it in the winter with snow outside, then I'll also ad so much snow with the ice, it looks like a slurpee, 'n over the half hour mixin', it will melt, so the tricombs will fall in the water.

Hey budm, yeah I've heard of the dry ice thing, thing is I think it's a minimum ten lb purchase, either way with ice I don't have to pay anything, I've got 'n ice maker in the fridge, 'n a crusher, lol

Well, that's what works for me, thanks for lokin' in.

aNs

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1
If your doing fresh frozen, before freezing put your material in a a food saver vacuum bag seal it and freeze, then take small sledge and crush the material before you make the bubble. More surface area exposed to the water, other wise the resin in the buds stays in the wet bud.

Also get yourself a small water sprayer, when you shake all the water outta the bag, rinse the crap outta the resins in the bag. Clean it up quite a bit.

Beating it with a mixer for to long and you end up with the dark bubble, which is loaded with the green gakk.

Fresh frozen we’re running right now, we only do 3 washes per and the last shows green. We’re when we run dried material we can get 5/6 washes and still is t coloring up green, but ai t yieldin nuttin either.

Headed over here in a bit and I’ll take some pics, had one strain, headstash, and it came out white, not blond, not sandy, freakin white, and it was fresh frozen material.

We use 20 gal apt washer, 20 gal trash can and 20 gal bubble bags. Also freeze dry the bubble patties and then press for rosin.

One other point, when your collect your pattie and press the water out, use a stainless noodle strainer and micro plain the patties through onto parchment paper in a pizza box, let dry in the fridge good and collect into a jar, store in the fridge. Smokes way better then busting chunks off a moist pattie or one hard as a rock.

Mad scientist stuff right there!

Cbf.
Next time you’re over the hill this way.... I sure would like to sample some of what you speak of lol.

Flash freeze fresh.
Vac packed.
Smashed prior to wash
Washed multiple times with a sprayer rinse
Freeze dried glands.
In fridge.
Then pressed for rosin.

Wow. That’s some fricking science (AND LABOR!) right there.

When did we all stop just rolling joints and smoking up? Lol.

I am very interested in all that does for end product. But my hobby garden doesn’t warrant anywhere near that level of attention. I’d agree with horrible bubble yields off old dry flowers. And that there’s likely better uses (we make coconut oil capsules or butter with it).

Thank you for the additional tutorial. Bet it’s killer!
Be well and congrats on finishing. Happy for you.

Take care
Fh

This is right after pulling outta the freeze dryer, sorry for the crop, couldn’t post whole patty as it was a iPhone pic and had to down size it.

Strawberry Banana Headstash is the strain.

We have metal trays we line with parchment, the bubble hash goes from the bags to the tray, we don’t press the water out, let it spread thin on the tray, and it drys so much better.

Beautiful stuff, can’t wait to sample, OH and this is 25u bubble.

Attachments

• A7F47F4C-4329-446B-A8E9-984AF4BF4432.jpg
    A7F47F4C-4329-446B-A8E9-984AF4BF4432.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 7
Back