MAHAKALA seeds

although I have to say that one guy managed my cross of nevilles haze x positronics haze, which is almost pure sativa, very well indoors and got great yield too... he is making extracts, so high yield of resin is important for him and he said it was very high yielding in this regard:

nevhz-x-thhz-jpeg.357618

Mahakala, I don't know what your preferred medium might be, forgive me if i've missed it. I don't know if this suggestion would give you the total Hawaiian experience, but one of the softest, most incredible smoke texture that i've ever had, was from an old white rhino grown in lava rock. Maybe it was just the plant, or white rhinos in general, couldn't say, as it was the only time that i grew that. I've never done another type plant in about 90 percent lava, either. But i was interested in @kushyman 's positive experience with lava rock, too. (Maybe he'll chime in on that) It would be cool to see someone who has the room, do a side-by-side comparison with clones, one in lava and one in whatever is usual. Just a thought...

thank you @nannymouse for your kind tip.. but I think one needs that fresh air which is blowing to Islands and that sunshine there to achieve it. but it sounds interesting in lava rock.

okay when we are at MAHAKALA Hawaiian Hazes, here is finished Tropical Boogie from my brother. he says, it is ripe mangoes/fuel/metallic/incense, this time it is more incense than fuel/metallic. look at it brothers and sisters.

20240502_092706-jpg.18996637
20240502_093342-jpg.18996639
20240502_092812-jpg.18996640
20240502_092753-jpg.18996642

the best would be, if it can be imported from tropics... let say Caribbean... to USA legally. but since cannabis is illegal on federal level, it is not possible.. at least I think it is like that. it would help those Caribbean regions economically too.
One can dream! That would be the greatest! Could you Imagine walking into a shop and being able to sample flower grown from all over the world. It would really help with the education of the plant. Tropical Boogie looks fantastic! How long did those plants take?

Tropical Boogie looks fantastic! How long did those plants take?
this cut is ready at 84 days, it is selected cut to satisfy needs of my friend, selected to fit his personality.. you can grow it with sour diesel, don't have to make special room or tent for it... he says it is easy to grow. it is really designed for growers who are not advanced tropical varieties indoor growers. you grow diesel, schrom, tangerine haze or ghosttrainhaze? you can grow tropical boogie, no prob. it is just much more, much more sativa in effect. than those mentioned cultivars. its special Aloha beach effect lasts for hours. of course it has stretch so it doesn't fit to grow with bubba kush or cookies...

I know one guitarist who grew and smoked it, he said he got great ideas during jamming :D

Last edited:
One can dream! That would be the greatest! Could you Imagine walking into a shop and being able to sample flower grown from all over the world. It would really help with the education of the plant.
it would help preservation of varieties, as for example people in Colombia would realize, that westerners want true tropical sativa from them, not widow or blue skunk LOL and it could pay them off to produce those pure cultivars. and it would help to preserve those lines there in their native environment. plus as you may know, quality of thai weed decrease in 80 s after DEA operated there, when thai cartels had to shut down large scale grows, and grow only little at hidden areas, small fields, and little number of plants. the more numbers are grown, the easier is to preserve so call "tropical quality"

till that MAHAKALA is here to provide you hybrids which keep tropical quality.

that why we chose heirlooms(including hawaiians) which contain a little indica, but are mostly sativa dom, in its character, so it doesn't disturb or stir, or make muddy, that special "tropical quality" of effect which is present in pure thai haze. these hybrids are win win, with it you win everyday... when we made them, we thought that if at least one of them keeps that "tropical quality" and will be easy to grow with outstanding terps and good yield(pure tropical cultivars have less frequency of killer keepers, curve is much more worse than at F1hybrid, and yield very poorly indoors, mostly), it will be win, victory. well some didn't make it, like holyweed x haze or hawaiian gas, but those which are on list, they made it... it is win win situation.

it would help preservation of varieties
I really never thought of it that way. Makes sense. The world need to catch up and end cannabis laws! That glitterbomb x mindblower looks alot like this Power Plant I grew back in the day. Nice work!!!!

What a great thread to read. I wish more people were growing longer flowering sativa type plants like you’re putting out. Been slowly growing my collection to hunt through as many long flowering plants that I can find to really find those gems that you lose when you only run things 8 weeks. Let me know if you ever need testers ran I’d be more than interested to get my hands on some of these especially the Vietnamese other Asian varieties

What a great thread to read. I wish more people were growing longer flowering sativa type plants like you’re putting out. Been slowly growing my collection to hunt through as many long flowering plants that I can find to really find those gems that you lose when you only run things 8 weeks. Let me know if you ever need testers ran I’d be more than interested to get my hands on some of these especially the Vietnamese other Asian varieties
thank you @Shamrock

well I need testers. I will have malawi x mr. shine seeds soon. but I need tester who is growing this kind of gear. hazes.. so that tester can give me feedback you know... you would be just amazed and uncritical as such herb runs over the herb from 8 weekers... in effect I mean... hehehe maybe not.. the best would be if you have run some kind of malawi or malawi cross, so you can compare my attempt to it... hope you understand... I will see if I manage other crosses, then I let you all know here.

no new variety with vietnamese in it for a while. We have 4, and also now are testing kona gold x haze/vietnamese and DF13 x haze/vietnamese(aka Blue Sting). enough of working vietnamese to it for a while.

it is funny, when I have tester from New Zealand, Greece and Illinois for same variety at the same time and all they report terps differently. they all have different nose for it.. ))) it is fun hahhahahaha but all these guys grew my gear previously, so I can agree with them on some valuable reference when they report it...

best wishes and haze on.

it is funny, when I have tester from New Zealand, Greece and Illinois for same variety at the same time and all they report terps differently. they all have different nose for it.. ))) it is fun hahhahahaha but all these guys grew my gear previously, so I can agree with them on some valuable reference when they report it...
Have you ever ran any lab tests on the terpenes with any of your work?

no, I have certain opinion on it... quantity and quality are two different categories. MAHAKALA is fascinated by quality from that time he read immediate dates of consciousness from Bergson.

but some guys did it with mindblower cut they have in Canada. it had unusual content of some oils they said, I dont know man dont remember shit. I will try to find it somewhere

northern lights haze x thaihaze, you see it is mexican/lumbo pheno with some portion of northern lights, not much of thai, thai pheno on the left..

nhzphz.JPG

Last edited:
Back