Knighthawk's Corner of Cabana Beach

I thought zkittles didn’t have cookies in it? Grape ape x grapefruit?
Well, I wasn't there to confirm any of it, I only know what I have researched.
Skip to 21:25 minutes ✌️

When I heard this I assumed that's why I disregarded the zkittlez if I ever even saw it on a menu (I hate everything cookies and always have). zkittlez seems to have been quite the hype at one point so I thought I would try it out but couldn't find it for sale by itself in anyone's bank. Whatever this plant is that I have has ruined my plans for an even canopy. 👎

Well, I wasn't there to confirm any of it, I only know what I have researched.
Skip to 21:25 minutes ✌️

When I heard this I assumed that's why I disregarded the zkittlez if I ever even saw it on a menu (I hate everything cookies and always have). zkittlez seems to have been quite the hype at one point so I thought I would try it out but couldn't find it for sale by itself in anyone's bank. Whatever this plant is that I have has ruined my plans for an even canopy. 👎
Ah gotcha, I can see how ya got that from that little snippet. I think I understood it as it just being another example of an inbred line that may have some dominate phenos! I've heard good things about the terps from z. I was going to try a z hybrid next year so maybe I'll have some more to add when that rolls around.

Ah gotcha, I can see how ya got that from that little snippet. I think I understood it as it just being another example of an inbred line that may have some dominate phenos! I've heard good things about the terps from z. I was going to try a z hybrid next year so maybe I'll have some more to add when that rolls around.
Yeah, its hard to tell exactly what he is saying about the zkittles and how he is relating it to the cookies.

quick update: So that "mango kush" mother plant I grew from the low end seed provider started flowering in the mother room, must have been some sort of auto so I tossed it out. Part of the reason I decided to pop that seed was to see how well a cheap seed would do in my system. Looking back that was a pretty stupid idea, hopefully nothing bad happens from it and I learned my lesson the easy way. I needed more room for these goodies I just got anyway.

This guy is cool
Oh, that was very helpful for me. I can see why @farmerlion has good results with his organics, here. He uses lake water (bird guano, even if minimal) and our soils and water are quite alkaline. People may not get the same results as he does, if they are in the acidic soils or water, without that little bit of bird guano. I'm wondering if pigeon poo would work the same...

Also, if i go to an acidic 'soil' (plain peat), how would that make a difference with alkaline water supply?

Too much for my brain, this morning.

...and i wish that Daniel F. would have been my chemistry prof

Also, if i go to an acidic 'soil' (plain peat), how would that make a difference with alkaline water supply?
My take from his video, and the reason I put it up is that he is showing us that most all of the basic nutrients a plant uses to thrive, aside from the Nitrogen, are chemically the same whether they are organic or if they are mineral nutrients (synthetic), and aside from the phosphorus and nitrogen they are also being processed the same in both organic and mineral solutions. So basically, the only thing you are gaining by running organics is allowing the microbes to process the proteins and aminos into the types of nitrogen the plant needs to use which also gives the plant aminos. But to be at the correct pH to depend entirely on the microbes for your NItrogen supply, you are not in the best pH that all the other nutrients will work their best.
He is trying to tell us that mineral nutrient solutions are not inferior to organics.
------
The bird guano isnt used to change the pH, it is an organic source of phosphorus that will work in an alkaline medium. Might want to use minerals in a lower pH.

I saw your post the other day about switching to peat, for what it is worth; I havent ever gone that direction and believe that using mineral nutrients correctly in coco will give you the same qualtiy as organics.

I have come to find that it isnt about synthetic vs organic.... it is about providing the correct ballance of nutrients and creating the right enviroment in the medium to allow the plant to consume the nutrients correctly at all times that will create the best yeilds. The herb and the tomatoes I grow in coco taste better than any organics I have ever tried. I dont have any "chemy" flavor at all.

This guy is cool
Oh, that was very helpful for me. I can see why @farmerlion has good results with his organics, here. He uses lake water (bird guano, even if minimal) and our soils and water are quite alkaline. People may not get the same results as he does, if they are in the acidic soils or water, without that little bit of bird guano. I'm wondering if pigeon poo would work the same...

Too much for my brain, this morning.
My take from his video, and the reason I put it up is that he is showing us that most all of the basic nutrients a plant uses to thrive, aside from the Nitrogen, are chemically the same whether they are organic or if they are mineral nutrients (synthetic), and aside from the phosphorus and nitrogen they are also being processed the same in both organic and mineral solutions. So basically, the only thing you are gaining by running organics is allowing the microbes to process the proteins and aminos into the types of nitrogen the plant needs to use which also gives the plant aminos. But to be at the correct pH to depend entirely on the microbes for your NItrogen supply, you are not in the best pH that all the other nutrients will work their best.
He is trying to tell us that mineral nutrient solutions are not inferior to organics.
------
The bird guano isnt used to change the pH, it is an organic source of phosphorus that will work in an alkaline medium. Might want to use minerals in a lower pH.

I saw your post the other day about switching to peat, for what it is worth; I havent ever gone that direction and believe that using mineral nutrients correctly in coco will give you the same qualtiy as organics.

I have come to find that it isnt about synthetic vs organic.... it is about providing the correct ballance of nutrients and creating the right enviroment in the medium to allow the plant to consume the nutrients correctly at all times that will create the best yeilds. The herb and the tomatoes I grow in coco taste better than any organics I have ever tried. I dont have any "chemy" flavor at all.
My main reason for wanting to go to peat...is the dang bugs that are often brought in with the potting mixes. If the local places had decent prices and larger quantity of coco...that would be good. Yes, i've ordered some coco online, but shipping costs seem worse online, than buying local, often. I do like coco, but really have not gotten the hang of the 'pre-loading' part of it.

My main reason for wanting to go to peat...is the dang bugs that are often brought in with the potting mixes. If the local places had decent prices and larger quantity of coco...that would be good. Yes, i've ordered some coco online, but shipping costs seem worse online, than buying local, often. I do like coco, but really have not gotten the hang of the 'pre-loading' part of it.
Yeah, bugs are a big reason why I like coco better than soil. The mineral nutrients also don't draw more bugs to the coco like the organics nutrients might. The blocks of coco those HortGrow people are making look fairly affordable, I bet with your Cabana discount it would be worth trying a planter next to the peat when you go for it.

Back