In Your Opinion what is the "Finest" cannabis to smoke on earth?

is there really even a grapefruit now?
There is a grapefruit cut thats been around a long time in canada and cali, its more of a hybrid and nothing like femaleseeds grapefruit. Femaleseeds current GF isnt the same as the original release since they lost theyre old gear in a robbery mid-2000s. Then they bred a shorter version thats more like c99.

thanks..I think I just read that here and thats why I commented..yeh that one

joey clams has held the same Grapefruit (not sweet pink grapefruit) forEVER. I forget the genetics of it; I think he mentions it in his seed thread (The Kush House).

Edit: https://thecannacabana.com/forums/threads/the-kush-house.42286/post-1617864
So, the folks at femaleseeds said the work with theyre grapefruit started with a landrace thai plant they loved and wanted to bring down the flower times of it so they crossed it to a ruderalis and line bred it for years selecting for shortest flower time that retained the amazing high that the thai provided. Then they got ahold of some c99 beans and crossed it to that. They bred that further until the 2004 release calling it grapefruit. Tastes alot like c99 and 3 of the 4 plants were racey, I kept the up clear and happy one. It still tastes alot like c99 but i wouldnt call it racey, more intense...very happy and clear. -Clams

.maybe the odd old school mex ,from origin smg and thai stick ..one Ag from an air base in NB,and THE Cambodian we got in Ottawa early 70’s
and one rare 1989 hz x nl5 plant..

but..this Durlumbo cut makes the grade..I cannot say i have had better...for bedtime anyway

pretty sure my favorite all time is a hashplant I have most of my friends tell me tastes like "haze", it doesn't taste like haze to me it tastes like hash, reading all the stuff it sounds most similar to deep chunk but pretty sure it displays duck feet at times and has a weird glossy crinkly leaf that kind of reminds me of Chem D,

anyway I never had this weed from anywhere else but I really love it even though I have a few others I love nearly as much that are similarly amazing but in a different way, wish I had the blueberry from back in the day, even though I am sure with my grow style it would never taste anything like a blueberry if I was the one who growed it

funny I keep hearing about Thai Sticks and Hawaiian because both of those were known to be Afghan crosses when you got them very early like in the 70s, and as time went by and the Afghan got diluted in the gene pool they weren't as good

In the 90's = Big Bud X NL (Denver), NL 5 X Haze (Boulder)
in the 2000 = UK Cheese (Arcata) White Rhino (Humboldt??)
in the 2010 = Cherry Kush. (San Francisco) OG Kush (San Francisco)
in the 2020 = Nothing yet... Maybe GMO (Denver) or Con leche (Denver)

The most memorable was the BB x NL in the 90's . It smelled like a baby shit a bunch a blueberries. I have been trying to find that terp ever since then. Sometimes I get a slight whiff of that when I smell Papaya.

Definitely the skunk cutting we got in 1981 from Cali. Golfball short indica style dead skunk reek for a mile type. I smoked a ton of great pot before it, and a few good ones after, but if I had to pick one it's a no brainer. I think at least 90 percent of those who smoked it would agree, so addictive the flavour( I think thiols are addictive), and the penetrating to the center of your brain high was excellent too.

Old thai is hard to beat for smash you in the head though, a pinner would get 5 people wasted for hours. 70's thai.

I have heard, time after time after time, people say the best weed they ever smoked was back in the day (whether that means the 60s or the 80s, it was when the people in question were young). To that I say, So what? The weed back then was different, but not any more potent than today's weed (The numbers are there if you look for them).

The BIG difference was that the people in question were young and their brains were not habituated to smoking weed by decades of exposure. I smoked a variety of different flowers during my teen years. Mostly Colombian and Mexican brick, but occasional Mexican regionals, Thai, Hawaiian, and other "exotics." I got high AF on some of them, did all kinda silly things while high. Feelings that I just don't get from weed anymore, because I've been smoking it for almost fifty years.

What I'm saying is, it's all about habituation. The highs you had when your brain was young and cannabis-naive are always going to be the highest highs you ever had. You can't equal those experiences after your brain has been soaking in cannabinoids for decades. But that does NOT mean the weed today is not as strong as the weed back in the day.
I have a hard refute on that line of reasoning. My example is this, when I was 13, I was smoking weed every day already, born in 1968. My dad and his friends got roadkill type skunk in town(cuttings, grew it for over 20 years from then on), and to this day people who were 13 or 45 at that time, all say best stuff ever. It wasn't a matter of a young brain, people of all ages thought it was the best pot ever. And like I also mentioned, the old thai was crazy strong, when someone pulled out a pinner and said it would get a bunch of people high you would scoff, and then have only two tokes and start to just say wow! Same thing, 50 year olds or 15 year olds, stuff was a bell ringer.

Last edited:
Back