In Your Opinion what is the "Finest" cannabis to smoke on earth?

Tardis808

For me that would have to be Headband by Duke Diamond & Dominion seeds. Seriously some of the finest cannabis on earth. I know that Subcool once said Northern Cali Gooey was the finest weed on earth to him. What about you? Whats the cannabis you would label as the finest cannabis you've ever smoked?

I smoked some Mass Super Skunk back in the early '90s that really kicked my ass... but that was before I started growing indoors and smoking a lot. I had an Amsterdam Aloha WW pre-2000 that was absolutely stellar smoke, super tasty and lovely high.... Recently I have had some Ethos XXX that really floated my boat in a nice way... but "the finest cannabis on earth?" I dunno. So many flavors I haven't tried....

Speaking of CaliO, i had some s1 or s2's that i liked the high and flavor, a lot. Also, the cannaloupe skunk from ISP, which is a special line of sk#1, had a similar nice daytime high. and i've liked the two strawberry flavor strains that i've tried. None of those were up there with the strongest, but i sort of prefer not to have a mind-blowing experience, for day-to-day. A happy, smiling, get stuff done plant suits me better than a joker-like teeth grinding one. Night time...whole different story, where pain numbing and sleep are the goal. I'm more on the medical side, rather than recreational, i guess. I look for 'endorphin' release, i think that it's healing.

Speaking of CaliO, i had some s1 or s2's that i liked the high and flavor, a lot. Also, the cannaloupe skunk from ISP, which is a special line of sk#1, had a similar nice daytime high. and i've liked the two strawberry flavor strains that i've tried. None of those were up there with the strongest, but i sort of prefer not to have a mind-blowing experience, for day-to-day. A happy, smiling, get stuff done plant suits me better than a joker-like teeth grinding one. Night time...whole different story, where pain numbing and sleep are the goal. I'm more on the medical side, rather than recreational, i guess. I look for 'endorphin' release, i think that it's healing.

Couldn't agree more Nanny ...
Beside wouldn't one have to try all the strain's
Of the world to really answer such a question?
If anyone want's to start sending samples
I'll try em all and then give my opinion :giggle:

the high was good, but the actual smoke from a white rhino...i would love to have that back. I don't know if it was the plant, itself, or growing it in about 80% lava rock. Huge, billowing, soft, silky, creamy smoke. Only had one seed of that, didn't take clones...

I would definitely have to say the small golden 3.5" Thai sticks from 1975/76, and Mad Dog Colombian from that same time period were my favorite buzz. Some of my own indoor was very good, but unfortunately I'd have to say they have paled in comparison. Been searching ever since, but no joy.

Ive noticed a ton of peoples favorites tend to be whatever good strains they had around when they first started or were young.

And im no different, My favorites are Headband and Diesel i was getting in around 2010. i wish i knew which cuts we were getting when i was a kid because i really havent seen nug of either of them that fire ever since

Well Kushy, I agree. Both youth and imported sativas are my top three experiences, and they’re memorable.

The follow up question to that remains, (and I’m asking you bc you’re a resident expert on long flowering sats here):
If that ‘77 Mexican came by now, what would your opinion be of it? How has age and experience changed the perceptions. Receptors have certainly aged. And I feel like my abilities to “get on top of it” are much more advanced.

I mean, how “close” are you to scoring your cbh or another sat you are growing now as equal? Or how far away are you? Because if you’re close, then the additional efforts, and longer flowering, and the pheno hunts, all make sense. So I guess that answers my question: for you the work pays off and you’re finding the returns worthy. Because you continue. But how far away are you?

And to answer the question from OP, for me it was an imported sativa of unknown origin. Probably around ‘87-88. It came through for a few Months and then it was gone. If I had to guess it was SE Asian, Thai probably? Maybe a real haze? Biting peppery acrid smoke. Immediate rush, dizzying. Trippy. Vision altering, you know when you are sick and stand up too fast and you get tunnel vision, yep, that kinda effect if you went too big with it. Wonderfully potent, legs for hours, made everything better. Came out of Chicago for us.

An imported long flowering sativa, in my youth. For a while.

Can’t do any of those outdoors which is my current setup, but I aim to come back under the lights and when I do, I will go 11 on from seed with some of my gifted stock, “just to take a peak”. Lol

Back