i have to do a complete tear down

the roof of my grow room is my porch floor. they roof is attached to the floor. And the roof of my porch is coming away from my house. only my porch post are holding my roof up right now

and besides coming away from the house he said that one corner of the roof has sunk 4 1/2" so he needs to pour a new header to rebuild my porch.

before i bought my house a few years ago they covered the gap up with flashing and shingles so i never saw it.

I told him when he builds the new porch i want it water proof so i can use it for storage.

that is what i will say all the vent pipes are for

but i probably will have to pull down the hps and light mover, don't know how to explain them away
Oh holy SHIT, bb. I think you'd have far worse problems if you let that stuff go. The roof falling in, I can assure you, is a a much bigger pain in the ass.

I thought I understood you to say that your house's roof is at least partially supported by the porch section. So I'm envisioning something like one of my sisters' homes, where they had to go to foundation level to raise it back up. That house was built in.... 1880 or so, I think.

How long is the work gonna take? Is it going to involve the interior at all? I've been through a remodel while still living in the house and it is not fun at all.

my house turned 100 in 07

The porch supposed to be on the front of the house

I think my house is a shotgun shack

you can shoot in the front door through the house and out the back window and never hit anything :)

it is a 4 room two story house

and yes they will be seeing my walls, i have to take the plastic back down even

i may leave the firing strips but that is about it.

my light movers, lights , vents and all my girls

if i can time it so i start a run on wk 1 when they get here and put my ez cloner under fluros i should be ok:juggle:

Wow that kinda sucks man. But if you need an extra set of hands you know Im ready to head over and lend a hand. It is a good excuse to bleach it out and do any other small things you wish to tweak... But let me know if you need help...Im there for ya. Remember its only a small bump in the road and the rest is freshly paved. I have to move to be able to enjoy my hobby again....lol. That sucks and its more of a mountain in my road.
You will come back stronger and more determined. Peace

send some of that surplus cali bud back east. we never have enough here. we prefer the cali outdoor too, if there is much of that around we will take it. lol.

you can 't get to much more east than me. i sure ain't in California

they toss you ass in jail where i live for weed, because they care about us :nyahnyah:

probably a week, I plan on doing a good scrub with bleach while it is down

I will have to take new cuts and start them from all my mom's

I will move the cloner up to my other bedroom

and my other chamber i will start on week one or two while they are here and make sure the lights and fans are off while they are here.

That way i can be rolling when they get out of here

I am planning on doing it when it is the hottest in the summer :laugh:

BB

Hey BB, Just enough time for you to get that brain thinking on what up grades you have been wanting to change this last couple of months. My friend, whatever may happen there is a end with bigger and hopefully better things. Maybe clean up good so when you do start back pm will be dead for good. You know what I have, your welcome to any thing I can help you with. I just want to thank you again for your friends and everyone on TCC for their help and support. Until next time. Happy growing. GG

Yeah, sure, rub it in Bud. Temps summertime here is almost always 100 +. :tumbleweed:
And we don't have houses with those breezeway foundations. I'm sure it's good for air insulation in the winter and cool shade in summer. Must be nice.

YJ

even safer and easier imo..... put the cuts in ziplock bags in the frig vege drawers while the workers are there.... shoot for 38 degrees and keep the leaves dry... like storing lettuce, fresh basil, etc..... they'll be good as new for a few weeks

Thanks NM, i forgot all about that, i have stored them in the fridge before but i never thought about it.

i think i will do that for extra protection.

The guys will be in my basement and i plan on moving my ez cloner up to the second floor bedroom while they are here and i can hang black plastic to make a hallway for them right back to my porch from the basement door.

I am feeling a little better about this now. i am glad i have the option of planning when i do it

yes YJ it is nice have a dry basement. in the winter that is the best time to grow in the house :party:

Guess I missed this one somehow BB.......Whadda bummer bout havin ta tear down.......But it`s a good thingy yer crib`s gonna be safe and waterproof once thing`s are all said and done........

What don`t kill yas makes ya stronger and all that other proverbial bullshit.......

Just think how squeaky clean your grow area will be when you set back up.....I`ll bet PM`ll never rear it`s ugly head again........

Glad yer gettin yer home fixed .....As said above by NM......Keep yer cuts in the crisper.......I`ve left em like that for several weeks loosely wrapped in paper towels to absorb any moisture that might invade during their "suspended animation"/dormancy........

Good luck Bro.....DHF.......:hiya:

i have been thinking a lot about this opportunity that i have.

I did not know it when i was getting all of my girls but most of what i have can be had in seed form.

I only have a few real clone only plants that i know of.

I figure my Blowfish, OG Kush ( SFV & Abusive), Purple Urkle and the White is all that can not be replaced

I think i can get seeds for

Agent Orange
Bogbubble
Blubonic
Ice
Super Silver Haze
Willie Nelson

so i may just keep the clone only cuts and i hope to dip them in bleach water and maybe be done finally with PM

Put some in the cloner, some cuts in the fridge and friends im sure will help u out too --i think ur a couple steps ahead of the game--good thinking bro:):peace:

Sounds Like you have things in order brother.

Sorry for the shitty work that lay ahead. And ill timing.
All learning is good , just not always when we want it huh ?

Keep on with the show m8
look forward to your new improved grow shack

Here's the way I see it bb. Sure seeds may be available for some of those strains, but do you really want to buy numerous packs and look thru them hoping for the selected pheno that you were growing? At $100 a pack and better it could get expensive.
Put fresh clones of ALL of them in the crisper. Extra clones can be in the cloner upstairs. And farm out clones to others that want them.

YJ

I hope to bypass the seed company's. I have so many offers for seeds from my bros and sisters here i do not think i will be buying any. I have had many offers but i always turned them down before because i did not think i could do seeds. But now i have my blubonic and i am feeling cocky :)

I would not mind buying them but i have no where to have them shipped. I trust my friends here but i do not trust a company. They can have there records seized

I almost have my PM wiped out, but i still find spots here and there. I think if i cut my mom count in half i can cure it and then rebuild my stable

I have already given out all my cuts to other people so if i must i can get them back too but i figure seeds travel better through the mail

Bb, you're crackin' me up.
Here's the way I see it bb. Sure seeds may be available for some of those strains, but do you really want to buy numerous packs and look thru them hoping for the selected pheno that you were growing? At $100 a pack and better it could get expensive.
Put fresh clones of ALL of them in the crisper. Extra clones can be in the cloner upstairs. And farm out clones to others that want them.

YJ
I should have done that with all the extra material I had left over Sunday from my NYD x PKQ mom, and especially from my White cut that I want to run next.

Back