HashBerry, cylinder VertScrog w/LED Tower

Looking great RH!

What's the total wattage draw from the tower? Sorry if you already answered that in another thread bud. :kendo2:

:popcorn:

Reactions: mre
I do not remember the exact figure, but if you add up the total watt's the driver's can use up, near 630 watt's,
If you go by what wattage is being pulled by the LED's I have wired up, that was near 436 watt's or 460 watt's something like that.

I did not make a perfect LED lamp, but it is real close and it does grow the plant with out heat issues, but the best thing is I have not noticed it on the power bill.

Maybe one day I will shut the house off and just let the room run, than go back to power company and request a usage log for that time period. Maybe than I could see what kinda power is being truly used up.:puffpuffpass:

Reactions: mre
I do not remember the exact figure, but if you add up the total watt's the driver's can use up, near 630 watt's,
If you go by what wattage is being pulled by the LED's I have wired up, that was near 436 watt's or 460 watt's something like that.

I did not make a perfect LED lamp, but it is real close and it does grow the plant with out heat issues, but the best thing is I have not noticed it on the power bill.

Maybe one day I will shut the house off and just let the room run, than go back to power company and request a usage log for that time period. Maybe than I could see what kinda power is being truly used up.:puffpuffpass:

that'sw pretty sweet. Nice job, my friend.

I'm currently being very thankful that my house AC is off. My power bill is now half what it was a month ago

there is also a thing you can run your light through I think its called a kill A watt meter and it will tell you how much electricity you device is pulling. they are good for looking for shorts and testing to see if equipment is functioning correctly.

Best of luck with the Hashberry..

The wife had a new HVAC system put in a month ago or so and it has already been a huge savings, plus we really enjoy the coolness and now the even warmth in the house.

I wanted faster growth rate, but this time it was a blessing because life took me away to much, but now I am back for some floral time.:puffpuffpass::yum:

Okay it has taken to long to get here, but we are here at the point to go 12/12 and flower these girls.

I have decided to play with leaf removal a bit, so the runt plant has what I call lite leaf removal ( just the older large fan leaves removed for light exposure )
Here are some pics of the runt as it is going into 12/12
First is a left side profile pic of her
HB111216d.jpg

HB111216e.jpg

HB111216f.jpg

HB111216g.jpg

This last one is looking down on her trying to show the fullness of the plant compared to Tower location.
HB111216l.jpg

Now we have the two larger HashBerry plants. First we will look at the plant with heavy leaf removal, okay it is what I have called them.
HB111216a.jpg

HB111216b.jpg

HB111216c.jpg

HB111216d.jpg
Again the last one is a pic of looking down on the plant, more clearance on this one.
HB111216n.jpg

Now the last plant. I did not get her as tall as the other one before topping it, about 2 inch difference. This one I say has had Medium leaf removal, but darn do I want to go heavy on it now. Maybe in a week or so I will go heavy on it and more extreme on the other plant, we will see.
HB111216h.jpg

HB111216i.jpg

HB111216j.jpg

HB111216k.jpg

HB111216m.jpg
The plants did not fill in the screen all the way with lateral growth as I wanted, but it is the plants growth structure.

I do think if I raise the plant in vegy stage to be large in vertical size, than top and prune the lateral branchs to size after putting the plant in the cylinder system. I have 3 Willy D plants that will be ready for this method soon as the HashBerry's are done flowering, should be early January some time if all keeps to schedule.

Okay, all still grew and finished out. Time schedule I was not sure, some one said outside it was about 45 day flower time. They did get red hairs going at 30 days and near say 60 percent where redish about day 45. Slowly more did get red, but those at the tip of the bud never did and it is day 60 now. Trichome production has occured and I like the to get milky looking. I would say we are 70% milky and another 10% or so of opaque, not clear any more and than there are 10to20% clear tric's on the buds. Scent is just off the shelf, I never really had a berry smelling grow, just so fruity and nice over the stink of a skunk.
So tonight it is Harvest time for them.
I will get pics up once I get them hanging in the drying box. A lot of yellowing has happened to the fan leaves large and small, kinda a lighter green on bud leaf.
To much PH upper and downer used per res. I just had issues with PBP and stabilizing ph and trying to get all going a weekly schedule just sucked and did not happen. I changing over to Sensi Coco ph perfect series for next few runs and try a sprinkler delivery system to the net pots. This is one thing I did the first few runs with the system. Pics later this evening as I need to get things ready for the harvest.
:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass:

finished

I actually used my old vegy box as a drying box now. I will see how air tight the box is in a hour or so.

Any how here are the pics of the Hashberry girls hanging around the box, LOL
HB11217.jpg

HB11217a.jpg

HB11217b.jpg

HB11217c.jpg

HB11217d.jpg

HB11217e.jpg

HB11217f.jpg
I tried my best with my phone camera last night. This last pic does not show the fan clearly, that square black area is a 3 inch inline fan so that I can exhaust air. Made up a filter on the other side to see if it helps control odor.

All sure looks a lot more yellow to my eyes than what the camera shows, maybe better pictures are needed, or I need to :puffpuffpass: more.

Here are a few more pics, this time with the flash working, yes I had it turned off thinking it was on. Maybe later I will get some bud macro shots.

HB011317.jpg

HB011317a.jpg

HB011317b.jpg

I do wonder why they always post rotated on me.
This last pic is of the Willy D in vegy side under LED vegy lamp the wife bought me. Any how they are 24" tall, 2 of 3 topped and last one will be topped in a few days. So all will be ready to go for flower box soon, next round!
WD011317.jpg
:puffpuffpass::violin:

Still no good camera pic's to share. Guess I will have to trim up a bud and come inside the house and try my luck at it, but I do not have a lot, so I want to wait until all is ready for that phase, maybe in 4 or 5 more days time things will be ready.

Thank you for the replies, oh the drying box is working great. Very little aroma is in the garage, but if you open that box up, BAMM one is floored with this fruity berry scent that is awesome. Wife says it smells like a skunk, shit stinks, and she can smell it when I can not, I think my nose is dead to the faint smell as I am in it all the time, LOL I just wish I could smell more Hash plant genetics, but maybe I will have very berry aroma buds that when crushed and smoked the Hash plant taste arises, oh now I just have my mouth drawling all over my chin thinking about it.
:puffpuffpass:

Nice grow, thanks for sharing the harvest. I'm down to my last few nugs waiting for the next crop to finish, gotta stop giving too much away

Been using my spare tent to dry my herb. The filter and everything works out perfect

Enjoy the herb!

Yes, I would think the tent would work well. This box has worked well so far, other than a large exhaust fan connected to a speed control switch. I have it all now, so I will make that upgrade later when it is not being used.

Just trying to get all done so the next run can get going.:puffpuffpass:

Yes, I would think the tent would work well. This box has worked well so far, other than a large exhaust fan connected to a speed control switch. I have it all now, so I will make that upgrade later when it is not being used.

Just trying to get all done so the next run can get going.:puffpuffpass:

with a second tower and 2 tents, you could flower one while vegging the other

just saying

Hello GM, well I do think I have the set up, or could have with a little more work, but not sure if I would build another "tower of Power", okay if so with upgraded LED's so all gave a much stronger output, maybe, LOL

Hashberry will be hanging for 8 days at 5:23pm tonight, still has flexible stems and so I believe the garage is to cold, need to warm it up a bit, or just move more air around so some warmer air is drawn into the box. I did find my ionizer and get it plugged in last night so maybe the garage will not stink as bad, wife says it does, I just enjoy the plant and love all it's aroma in every stage.
Pic time I hope soon

Okay GM, do use the cloth bag's, was thinking 2 or 3 gallon size, coco/perlite mix, a drain to waste type feeding, and I would just position them around the tower of power and rotate them daily and use no screen, but I do like how the screen allows one to wrap the plant around the light source.

Thank you all for following this thread and me trying to grow so meds. I am I sorry I built the Tower, NO, good have money spent bought a different HID setup, oh hell yes top of the line with AC even, but I could not go that route, so slow and easy is how the wife said I had to do it, or not at all. Next up is Willy D, a more sativa pheno type, last of the seeds sprouted me 3 seeds, only one female grew to be a mother plant. It has been 5 months since she sprouted, or longer, either way I get to smoker her again in 3 months, so excited about this one.
:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass:

Back