HashBerry, cylinder VertScrog w/LED Tower

realhigh

HashBerry going 12/12 in cylinder with Tower

Okay I was behind in getting this done, but I transplanted the 3 HashBerry clones this morning into the cylinder/tower system.

They are just over a month old as rooted clones and I took to long to get this done and I had root's over 12" long. I do think that Great White works a little.
A overall pic, than individual plant pics for the record.
DSC00043.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

Do to lack of heat from the tower, really not much at all, the buds and plant can be a bit closer to the LED's.
So this time the plant are positioned in the basket on angle and to the outer edge closest to the screen. I wan them to grow up against the inside of the screen. I will hook and pull leaf to the outside of the screen trying to keep bud sites exposed.
No stress, should be zero transplant shock also, and I am just letting the plant grow vertical. I will manage and prune the lateral growth accordingly and run the branch horizontally around the screen.
If one gets to tall, I will top the main branch up top, but it has to be at least 16" tall for that to happen. If all grows insanely, than I will top all three and let each selected lateral branch flourish and fill the screen with buds.

This the grow plan, keep to low stress, start the grow out with all need nut's and additive's.

One thing I have not liked much is the dimmer pots I purchased and used on the tower. Some seem to to up or down on their own and at times there is no adjusting them until things are wiggled, electrical contact issues.
:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass::yay:

Last edited:
Thought you had more royal blue for some reason. Looks like you got it mixed up pretty good.
Hopefully a dimmer swap will fix the dimming issue.

good luck on the grow!

A quick report, wow all are just standing and growing. It is what I want to see that is for sure.

Pos, I had found this sun light spectrum break down that listed percentage of following LED nm to use if one was wanting a complete spectrum for photosynthesis.
Any how, 10% blues, and in this group there are 3 spectrum of led's, blue, royal blue, and dark blue........ I do not have any dark blue led's (rather this spectrum is created by the ww,cw, and not sure if nw adds anything much, but over all the output from all led's on the tower does get me real close. If I wanted to provide that 10% blue spectrum range with only the 3 blue LEDs, well I would have to add a few more of what I have and a the Dark blue leds, room on tower means take away the white lights, so looking if I do away with NW than replace with DK blue, cool, but with the blue spectrum from the ww and cw led's and that addition, did I just push myself over that 10% range........ so much to still look and play with, LOL
I also only ran the Royal blue leds turned down low, if not off at times, as my mind keeps saying that the blue spectrum is only felt in the peak heat of the day for a few hours, not all day long, just like IR spectrum is felt only in the AM and more present in the PM sunset. I wonder how straight my mind kept this info or do I have it all jumbled together and typing crap right now, LO

I just have to get back to some research papers and notes to remember it all exactly,,, but this is where I need a controller type timer with a brain.
I can set the hours to have certain LED's turn on and off, while others stay on their cycle. It would be a crazy mess in one way, but my mind says simple shit, LOL:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass:, doing better........... good night

Wow, I do hate this scrambled brain of mine at times..........forget above post a bit, as here is what I found after making the tower.... NO ROyal blue 450 to 455nm is listed......I need to take mine out and replace them with dark blue leds.....

What the LED light should contain:
440-450nm Dark Blue @ 10%
470nm Blue @ 10%
525-540nm Green @ 5%
620-640nm Red @ 20%
660nm Deep Red @ 50%
725-740 Far Red @ 10%

Yes this total is 105%

Now the reason to have these spectrum's in the light is there are ranges that are trigger's to the plant. Here is what I found.
Plant Photo-Active Substances and Spectra Absorbed list.

Beta-Carotene 470nm signaling, carbon fixation Blue
Chlorophyll A 465, 665nm carbon fixation Blue, Red 660
Chlorophyll B 453, 642nm carbon fixation Blue, Red
Phycoeryththrin 495 and 545/566nm signaling Aqua/Turquoise,Green
Phycocyanin 620nm signaling Red
Cryptochrome 450nm, 370nm signaling, Light quality Dk Blue, UV
Phytochrome Pr 660n, Pfr 730nm signaling IR, red 660

so I use these as trying to guide myself in the right direction. No I need to keep off the royal blue as they are not needed, plus do not want to mess up a good start on the grow.

this grow is ingenious, good things to come.

If those pots are 100k, Replace um and then i would put a 10k resistor on them too.

all the best to ya RH :puffpuffpass:

Things are not dead, had some heat issue and root rot on the week old plants in the system, lost one, got another in there, yet it does not do good yet, other to recovered and growing, so I need to get and take pics for the update here.
Sorry to much going on in the house, but I will try to get it done some time today if I can.
Trying to root my WD cut's right now and will see about growing them bigger before they hit the tower of power, than prune them out, and a quick recovery and flower if they grow full enough in that time.
:puffpuffpass:
The morning begins :puffpuffpass:

Yes, the total comes to 105, but I think that the 5 % green comes from overlap of spectrums from all the other LED's. Okay in figuring out my stuff the green is just that, a spectrum of overlap from all other light source, mainly from the WW and CW LED's.

Those two actually provide a lot of spectrum overlap to my total spectrum percentages and are what get's all with in their %, except I could use a bit more 660nm and UVA/UVB spectrum to be sun worthy.

So I will just edit in the pics on this reply.
All 3 are HashBerry clones, one died, and the small runt was its replacement and it just has not recovered from it's root issues like the other two did.
HBrunt.jpg

HB92116b.jpg

HB92116c.jpg

HB92116d.jpg

HB92116.jpg

HB92116a.jpg
This last one is of 3 cuts I got off the two larger plants when I trimmed them up. If they root and grow, might have replacements if needed. Oh they have looked like this for over 36 hours now since I cut them off the plants.
HBcuts.jpg

Last edited:
I had about an ounce of year old Hashberry I smoked up about a year ago, it was good for it's age as it still had a berry scent with a hashy taste when smoked.

Than I was gifted some of last year's HashBerry, wow, it was like twice as strong in berry flavor and scent, so was the hash flavor, so it is a nice treat to smoke or vape.
The high was long and stong, a builder type is what I call it. You can smoke so much and be good for hours, smoke more to soon and you see Mr. Couch, LOL
It is a real calmer in so many ways for me I just have to get some stashed in the jars for myself. Pineapple Jack has proven to be a long lasting building type of smoke also. I hit the PJ all day, but only 1 bowl in AM, on at noon, and one after dinner, oh and half the bowl is loaded with a different strain of popcorn bud as filler and the top is PJ. It just works best for me this way.

Hashberry is just one of those treats with nice medical usage and awesome flavor and taste, plus outdoors it grew hard packed buds about golfball size, I want to see what indoors does and with the LED tower as it's source of power.
:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass:

Life has been to much lately, just doing to much each day rather than tending to my rooms.
I do believe it was the 16th when I took this pic's, so close now to topping them.
HB101616.jpg

HBa101616.jpg

HBb101616.jpg

HBd101616.jpg

HBe101616.jpg

HBrunta101616.jpg
The above pic is of the runt, it started out strong as a clone and fizzled out for about 3 weeks, now just trying to grow and be something, maybe I should pull it, drop in a WD clone, make a mother with it or shit can it, hummmmmmm.
HBrunt101616.jpg
So right now they are within 4 inchs from the top rail, but I want the last set of lateral branch's to be at this point before I top off the main stem, than I will top off each lateral branch as I need trying to spread out and fill in as much as possible.
I do need to grow the plant to size, than prune and manipulate them once they are big, not as they grow as it just stall it out to much for me.

okay something is screwing with me. I had rotated each photo saved and renamed. On my side all is good, but when I download them to the site they go back to the way they where. Maybe I will get time to figure this out later. Enjoy your day.:puffpuffpass:

okay something is screwing with me. I had rotated each photo saved and renamed. On my side all is good, but when I download them to the site they go back to the way they where. Maybe I will get time to figure this out later. Enjoy your day.:puffpuffpass:

minor detail, my friend. your plants look great, even if they're sideways.

Okay life got out of control for a bit, but I did manage to keep up with the grow area kinda. Now it is so close for me to flip them, but trying to give time for more lateral branch growth so all fill's in as much as possible. The runt plant finally took off growing some, I say it is still less than half the size of the other two plants, but all will go 12/12 soon as all is at it's mark. I do not expect any type of stretch from these genetics, hopefully just some mad bud growth. Pics soon as I can get to them.

That is so true Guymandude. It has slowed down a bit, or I just ran out of steam, LOL

Here are some pic's I just took about a hour or so ago, getting close to flipping these HashBerry girls.

HB11316.jpg

HB11316a.jpg

HB11316b.jpg

HB11316c.jpg

HB11316h.jpg

I have been removing leaf a little each night trying to expose the bud sites more, mainly so I can see what I have or don't have. This time I went with the plant trained against the inside of the screen. The LED's do not emit any heat that the plant is burnt by, so we will see if this is a good floral idea soon. A few more pic's, oh and that runty stalled out clone has finally grown some.

HB11316e.jpg

HB11316d.jpg

HB11316f.jpg

HB11316g.jpg

HB11316i.jpg

Back