Harvest Right Freeze Dryer

Defacto

Defacto, I have never freezer dried. I simply don't plan on having it around that long. After a good long cure in jars in a dark cool place it better be gone. Reason I chimed in though is I do have some product that has been in jars for 6 months now and was thinking of trying something different. You mentioned rosin and it sounds interesting. I guess I need a press and then what. Did you like how it turned out? Is it worth doing or just another way to make hash/kief?

Due to lack of available product, I have only pressed rosin one time. It turned out usable but nowhere near ideal.
When I sampled some store bought 'live rosin,' I saw how it is supposed to turn out. I am confident that after a
couple more squeezings the product will equal store bought.

rosin press.jpg

The alchemia web link shows drying bubble hash which I thought was great though not not my intended main use
of the freeze dryer.

After freeze drying fresh plant material, squeezing with the press yields the top quality 'live rosin' if I understand
correctly. Live Rosin ain't hash. lol

There are better vids but here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emzgCq0ZdrM&feature=youtu.be

Freeze drying is great making bubble hash into rosin, turns the resins into a fine powder. You don’t have to squeeze your patties or shake out every bit of water, just line the tray and fill. Quality rosin is all about finding a great hash plant, sure you can make rosin outta anything, but imo there are certain plants that produce nice light cake.

I’ve pressed dry and frozen material, and the loss in weight is not worth the effort, and I don’t think it is as near as nice as washed. Wash those resins well and I think that’s the ticket.

Live Rosin is just way to much work and the return on product is extremely low. Dead Rosin return is better but you lose the quality. Probally be better to just pay someone to make it and grow some extra weed.

I would be thrilled to not 'know how to use' the Dabpress at your level!

yes and yes.... go for it Putembk! :)

....we tried flowers but it didn’t make much rosin so we went to pressing keef....the rosin , I guess that’s what it’s called I can’t keep up with all the proper nomenclature, has a lot more flavor than bubble hash....

Live rosin is what , freshly picked flowers squished?...would dried and cured flowers be called rosin if squished?... Putembk , next time we come over I’ll try and press some keef for you to try....would you like some lsd too?.....(:.

You are washing freshly cut weed? Is there a reason a powered pressure washer isn't used?

Oh, and since I'm a bachelor, can I just use my regular washing machine? lol

When you say dump into your bags, I assume you mean bubble bags? So we are making bubble hash to press, not washing the weed to press?

Apartment size washing machine, there on eBay, then when you dump into your bags, rinse for quite a bit with pressure sprayer, the hand pump type.

This seems to sum up the technique:

https://gopurepressure.com/blogs/rosin-education/how-to-make-live-rosin-guide

Last edited:
So i make fresh frozen bubble and never can get it super saucy ... freezer dried or not ...

In think they modify the freeze driers ... i smell terps going out the drain hose ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anybody else heard that freeze drying is the key to making a water soluble product? Not sure the exact process but there is a company selling an sop for making cannabis drinks this way.

Back