Got a new toy! Yocan Evolve Plus Pen

Funkynugz

TCC Mod
i don't do concentrates often, but my old cheapo coil pen just ain't cutting it anymore. and i was tired of having to get the blowtorch out with my glass nail when i wanted just a few puffs. so i did some research and found excellent reviews for this piece. I got a black one.

It's listed mostly for wax, which i've never seen or tried. but i think my low end sticky stuff should work too. it has what the manufacturer calls "QDC (Quartz Dual Coil) technology" that looks cool, is durable, and all parts are replaceable. plus they have upgrades like a donut coil, which i hear rocks. the kit comes with an extra dual coil.

Another great feature is you don't need to unscrew the pen to charge it, uses a micro USB cable right into the pen instead. it also has a huge Li-on battery. and everybody is buzzing that it has a built in silicone well, unscrewed at the bottom, to store your goo on the go.

it's retail listed at the manufacturer site for $65+ but i got mine for $23 delivered in 3 business days. i was concerned it might be a chinese knockoff, but it has an authenticity sticker you can scratch off to ensure it is genuine (course it is made in China though, Guangdong).

if you're thinking about getting one, get the PLUS version. the regular Evolve isn't so hot from what i read. neither is the flowers version.

manufacturer site: http://www.yocantech.com/Evolve-Plus/index.html

i don't want to SPAM here, and i have no affiliation whatsoever with Yocan or the site i bought it from. if you want into about the selling site addy, PM me instead.

EP_1.jpg

EP_9.jpg

wax, shatter heat press extract aka rosin, it all melts the same, so no worries if its labeled as for wax, that just means any extract. at least they didn't call it ear wax :D

lol. i saw a video review of this where the guy was using something called Sugar Shatter, it look like brown sugar crystals. man i'd love to try that.

anyway i used it last night. was worried for a while since it didn't fire up. a nice long charge seemed to do the trick. turning it on and off is tricky at first (and there are no directions), need to press the button 5x real fast. the draw on this gear is pretty amazing. with 8 port holes, no effort whatsoever on the lungs and you get a giant smoke puff. for $20 if it lasts a year i'll be ok with that.

oh, also...the price i paid seems to be close to lots of stores, and ebay, sells them for. so let your fingers do the walking :)

What I don't like about the pen type models is I have to keep it straight up and down when puffing. Or the wax runs to the sides where the airflow comes through. Not that big of deal but when someone else hits it they always seem to forget and end up 90* angle. Might have to try one of these out.

agreed, this one has a fukin deep oven though and it stands upright on its own, which my old pen didn't...real PITA.

if i get more into concentrates at some point, i want to try the donut coil. supposed to be a valuable upgrade.

i have vapros spinner 2 and the revolver they arent working as a substitue to quit smoking but its the thought that cou:lt::bigarmhug:nts lol

agreed, this one has a fukin deep oven though and it stands upright on its own, which my old pen didn't...real PITA.

I like the fact that it has a deep oven, and stands on its own. My coil i have now is called a skillet, it has the little donut in it also. Love the taste of mine. Going to have to get one of these.

it has some flaws to be sure, i don't like the way you turn it on/off. no instructions anywhere on the interwebs either so i have no idea if it even turns off on its own. the silicone well is cool and the piece is heavy in the hand, seems reasonably well made. check out their website at yocantech.com and see them making the shit.

:puffpuffpass:

What I don't like about the pen type models is I have to keep it straight up and down when puffing. Or the wax runs to the sides where the airflow comes through. Not that big of deal but when someone else hits it they always seem to forget and end up 90* angle. Might have to try one of these out.

yes this is a problem with all pens. WHat I do when not taking a hit is use an empty cup to hold the pen sitting up.This works very well and it lessens the extract running all over the inside.

yes this is a problem with all pens. WHat I do when not taking a hit is use an empty cup to hold the pen sitting up.This works very well and it lessens the extract running all over the inside.

Thanks, glad it is not only me that has this issue.

it has some flaws to be sure, i don't like the way you turn it on/off. no instructions anywhere on the interwebs either so i have no idea if it even turns off on its own. the silicone well is cool and the piece is heavy in the hand, seems reasonably well made. check out their website at yocantech.com and see them making the shit.

:puffpuffpass:

You don't really need to turn it off. Maybe if I was carrying it in my pocket where the button might get pushed accidentally. It does not run the battery down leaving it on, but that with my pens.

to be honest, i may be having trouble with the one i received. battery life seems way too short. i did confirm that 5 presses after using it for a couple of puffs does turn it off, i don't know how long it stays on before going off automatically. shrug, giving it another test today, counting the puffs and watching the clock. as always, YMMV!

I think it has a 1100 mah battery. Full charge should give you LOTS of hits. Wonder if it has 510 threads that you could use it on other 510 thread batteries?

I been using the v2 pro 7 lately..

The v2 is made by a ecig company. I switched from cigs to vaping nicotine lately and this thing has outdone all my other portable vapes...pinnacle pro..wisper..

The battery lasts all day, dropped a few feet onto concrete a few times, pretty impressive device. It can do ecig/weed liquid, loose leaf, or rosin/wax. You can change between types in a second by exchanging cartridges.

The loose leaf heats up fast and gives nice tokes. The wax cartridge is a bit harsh but it works. Probably not as good as a dedicated rig with the quartz options and stuff

something to consider, especially for anyone trying to get off of cigarettes.

Attachments

• v2-pro-series-7-vaporizer-starter-kit__05305_thumb.jpg
    v2-pro-series-7-vaporizer-starter-kit__05305_thumb.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
i saw a couple sites say it has 510. but the button to activate the element is built into the battery. so, i have no idea. wrote to the place i bought it, they said contact china. heh like that will work.

since i really like this unit i'm going to buy another one elsewhere and have 2 batteries. new one costs more than an entire start up kit. also, the QDC elements last 1-3 months depending on use, the ceramic donuts add a couple of months. with that said, i still recommend this one. but you get what you pay for :study:

I ordered one with the ceramic skillet coils. I have a box style battery with the one i have now and it will fit this type of tank. Battery button should not matter. Looks like any 510 thread battery will fit this.

Back