Genius

X

Xochipilli

Genius SMOKE REPORT

picture.php

Let's face it, this is a high point in my life right here. I have a big bowl of Genius ready to smoke. This is a strain I've heard about for years. The bud is perfect looking to me and reminds me of the A11 I use to have, but the bud is chunkier and the aroma is less sweet. It has stank, almost like a dirty diaper smell to it, with an end note of cedar. This sample has been perfectly cured for 4 months.

Smokes good. Get's me high! It feels somewhat more sedating that I had expected. I am going to smoke the rest of this nug tonight and get back to you.....

:ridinghorse:

Last edited:
Awesome man. The obvious question is, where did it come from? I don't mind trying new cuts, but I very rarely ask for/wish for anything in particular... but the Genius cut is one I'd get a boner over.

Awesome man. The obvious question is, where did it come from? I don't mind trying new cuts, but I very rarely ask for/wish for anything in particular... but the Genius cut is one I'd get a boner over.

This is Mr. Soul's Genius cut. . .

:chico:

too cool xochipilli....

she does have more body effect than you would think...

relaxed, alert, happy..... relert..lol

i thought after i lost my cut i would never see her again, kind of a pain to keep a mom but shes a princess....

glad your drerams are coming true...enjoy...

a p75 cut has also come into the community, its a grimm renaissance...

i've been told that brothers grimm stock won't reverse. my buddy has tried their c99 and a11 with no luck. i might be mistaken , but i remember hearing something along that line...

To be serious though, I discussed the whole C99/Apollo/Genius thing with Nevil a while back.

They are simply NL dom Jack Herer, so what we are seeing with them is a plant that is mostly NL5/Skunk but has enough Haze in it's makeup to have the uplifting high quality highs we associate with these cuts.

Shame there's no original Jack Herer around anymore, there's not even anything similar around anymore, even SSH from MNS is highly suspect these days and the other seedbanks, forget it, they all buy the same shit from one of four mass producers in Spain and give it whatever label they want.

So how to preserve Genius in seed form?

Well, probably take one of the inbred C99 lines and use that as a pollen source.

The actual lineage of the Jack Herer that Genius came from is NL5HazeC x SkunkHazeC, in case that gives a clue as to suitable pollen sources to make a seed from Genius.

Last edited:
i agree, something should be done to make some beans.

The female that Genius came from was NL5HazeC x SkunkHazeC, but what the pollen source was that caused the beans Soul got is unknown.

I'd definitely go for something that contained a fair bit of HazeC as the pollen source to make beans with Genius though.

Reactions: 180
i mean shes a princess, not she is princess...lol

hard to keep a mom and was not worth the time for alot of folks who held her...

i still think shes's cool... have a mini jar of 2 year old brown nugs kicking in my stash...

there are some s1's in existance, and ive heard they are quite nice...

This thread brings back some memories, some recent and some very old :D

She is hard to keep as a mother, scraggly and needs to be replaced frequently. And she is a floppy, impossible beotch in the grow, too. But she yields well enough, and she is rare smoke. Mr. Soul was a lucky guy ;)

Now, as to creating seed, hmmm. Selfing would be a good start, if it is possible. A cross could be good, but to a Haze type plant, I dunno. Soul used Shiva Skunk for most of his backcrossing projects. I didn't care much for it, it seemed to lack the potency of his starting lineup, but I think he liked its structure. I think NL5 might be a good candidate. Sturdy plant, good potency, good finish time, etc. The trick would be to find the Genius high and aroma among the progeny. The Apollo series had some of it, but as Xochipilli said, not all of it.

Regardless, it would be a worthwhile project, the Jack Herer "line" yielded some real gems in its time. Crossing it with some of the current "hot" strains could yield some really outrageous hybrids.

I've got some Genius S1's right now. Our member in Japan sent them to me! If he doesn't reply on this thread, I'll give him a hollar, and ask him how it's done.

:wizard:

(I don't want to muck up your thread Xo.

C'mon Bigs! You know me better than that, and I appreciate the info! I am very excited for the opportunity to try this strain! I've been a fan of Brothers Grimm for many years --- A11 was one of the only strains I grew for close to a decade! I did send it out to some folks here, and I am very thankful I did, because I ended up losing her! I am going to post some pics of my beloved A11 now -- blast off!

"A11 work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back