For First-Time Pollen Chuckers

What an excellent excellent thread.. I laughed, I cried... I learned.. LOL.
But seriously, awesome share man.. I goof off with minor pollen chucking that started out with just wanting to save a strain last year when I took my 1st shot at Auto Flowering and all my research told me Sour60 was a strain to keep around. It worked out great as I did not do a full pollination but only a Pre-flower pollination allowing the male to only hit the 1st small amount of hairs just after all the plants sexed..
I wound up with 25 seeds of each plant and didn't lose to much of the bud to seed production.. after this I was hooked..
Since then I've taken 2 new crosses to F3 and will be growing them out soon.. I've had a few test growers who actually had pretty fair results..

I fully understand the HUGE difference between what I do as a hobby pollen chucker and a true breeder who has to go thru thousands of plants sometimes to find the 2 donors who show the traits "they" are looking for be it resin production or only size matters..

However, I am enjoying the pollen chucking tremendously, learning a lot and having fun..
For me though it's mostly about not having to purchase seeds from the seed banks as I just cannot afford it living off a small disability check.. Is what I'm doing ok as long as I'm honest and up front with anyone I gift seeds to for testing/trying..? :sumo:

again, thanks for this thread.... you've got a fan here.. :flower:

It's Not Always Pretty

It's been a crap-shoot.

Experimenting on both ends at the same time.

"Traditional" pots & mix would have worked better.

But ... what the heck ... they grew, they reproduced.

Two of them have further potential, but must be tested.

We're trying to re-veg all four of them ... fingers crossed.

If they do, there might be time to put them out this season.

We didn't raise the light when switching from CMH to HPS.

So, ... there was some lumen bleaching on two of the plants.

Attachments

• IMG_4423-W.jpg
    IMG_4423-W.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4433-W.jpg
    IMG_4433-W.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4444-W.jpg
    IMG_4444-W.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 8
I think we need more pollen chuckers fem seeds have their place but then everyone ends up with the same thing I love the hunt that's how we find a new gem is there any seed companies out there that just do open pollination and sell like cheap seeds if not maybe I will start one lol but sell 20 seeds per pack so we can start hunting again I'm trying to start collecting some old seed from people I don't care what it is well weed of course that is I wanna start mixing up the genetics if anyone got any beans they want to send I don't care if it's brick bag seed I want them. I know everyone wants a name a lineage but I don't care I just want to hunt some good smoke for people sometimes I miss the simple days sorry for the rant just 1 old dudes opinion

Back