E-pen and decarbed shatter

We have moved onto self feeding sub tanks. You have to be careful when you prime the burner for the first time but other than that these things are killer. You get rips way larger than any nail could ever give. It should come with a warning. Really!!!!!!

Dude hell yes that looks so nice. Sounds like something I would love, and sweet for long bike rides!

Still rockin that setup?

How do you keep your shatter for getting hard again?

I'm sitting here wondering the same thing! I'm really not into smoking PG, and VG seems a little trickier to work with. I'm now hearing about using coconut oil which is a little more appealing, at least at first glance.

outwest

Dude hell yes that looks so nice. Sounds like something I would love, and sweet for long bike rides!

Still rockin that setup?

Hey brother how are you doing? Not just rocking the e-pen more like living with it. The pens have come a long way since I started this thread. The sub ohm pens are the way to go. And we run them on a super low wattage now and they don't really leak. Just like smoking a e-nail on low temps. Well some don't leak and some do. I swear brother I have over 12 different styles and if I see a new one I just buy it and try it.... if your in the market let me know..... I'm kinda VIP at all the vape stores. ;)

Hey outwest how u doing man.
So the stuff I'm making is 100% pure cannabis bho extract. The exact same thing as slabs are made from just not vacuumed into a slab. It is starting to really take off now. Or at least where I'm at. I recently saw a add in a magazine for liqued dabs,which is the stuff I'm making. I can't even meet demand at this point. Got people fighting over the shit like Crack heads.

Here are some random pics I found on my phone.

Attachments

• 20150708_130652.jpg
    20150708_130652.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150706_163350.jpg
    20150706_163350.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150706_163441.jpg
    20150706_163441.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20150830_082502.jpg
    20150830_082502.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2
Excuse my density, but I still don't completely follow. You state that it's not vacuum purged, but the amber starting material looks like it's been vac/heat purged before you put it in the oven at 225. What am I missing? After reading the thread over it seems like you take some nice BHO and heat it in the oven which makes it permanently liquid.

If this is fully purged BHO in liquid state with no carrier (veg/pg) then I need this in my life now!!

outwest

^^^^^^^^

Sorry man i see what your asking now. When I first got into this I wasn't making my own extract. I subed it out and got back slabs. Then I would basically melt them down. AKA-decarbing them.
Have to say it worked well but the worst part was splitting the slabs with my extractor buddy.
So I'm doing pretty much the same thing other than the liqued BHO isn't vac dried. I just decarb after it is shot..... Boy did that piss my friend off when I figured that part out. ;) haha.....

But really man you should check out skunk pharm research everything you need to know is on there. And thank graywolf and his crew for such a great resource.
Doc.l.

If this is fully purged BHO in liquid state with no carrier (veg/pg) then I need this in my life now!!

outwest[/QUOTE]

yes u do need this in your life!!!! Everyone does my friend.

If your pen breaks you can still eat the shit and get high as hell. Prolly the best thing I have found so far in this hobby of ours.

The old man that showed me how to blow my first batch of BHO over 20 years ago was trying to copy this. Just never knew how close he was to creating that coveted oil he always talked about scoring when he was in Vietnam. Man I miss that old bastard. RIP Spanky I found your soul.

I like this!

when I get some cash flow im gonna hit you up, if you don't mind... for info on the pens, etc.. I make my own oil as well... be nice to have a pen on hand. ive had a cloud pen, it works allright.....

you hook folks up with the pens? to save me all the research. lol.

Hey bdub, just hit up a vapor store.i got mine for $20. I like this 20 dollar one more than my o-pen. Shit is on par dock. One of your syringes lasts me almost 2 weeks. Getting high is so convient haha

I'm still not clear on this what you put in the oven is already purged, or not already purged?

outwest

Maybe we just call it partly purged? Otherwise whats making all them bubbles?

Dang Dock, we need to talk. (leering and drooling over the jar of syringes) LOL

YJ

I'm still not clear on this what you put in the oven is already purged, or not already purged?

outwest

So in the beginning of this thread (pictures) I was using absolute amber that I was having made by a extractor in town. Totally purged before I would get it. And almost to a snap state. But still a little soft from being winterized. I would just stick it in the oven and decarb it. Then put it in the pen.

Now I'm doing like bigsur51 was telling you about. Basically making oleoresin with butane and doing a decarb at low temps until all activitie stops. At this point the oil is ready for your pen. From what I understand this is another form of purging. Not with vacuum but with heat. But by all means you can do both or just one. I have done the vacuum thing and it always tries to turn into a soid or gel. Also I heard it has to do with converting the carbonic acid to a new state that keeps the oil from setting up. (Which is why you don't see it being very abundant) the guys making shatter are using super low temps and vacuum to achieve their goal. For any of those guys to make this product they would have to fuck up everything they are doing. ( which is why bigsur51 stumbled onto it on accident )
I hope this helps man. If not I'm speachless.

Damn breezy,you still have that oil I gave you? That has been a long time.
Glad it came in handy my friend.

Hey yellowjacket. I love those jars of syringes too..... my friends fight over the shit. It is like a good thing and a curse at the same time.

Also I have had a shit ton of my stuff tested for residual solvents (which I never see people having shatter tested) and it always comes back clean. And really that fact along with it coming out stronger than most shatter is why I have decided to keep things this way.

Maybe they purge it at low temps in an oven for a shorter time than shatter.
I think it's called oleoresin?...and shatter is absolute?..
After I extract the essential oil , whether by butane or Everclear , the oleoresin goes into a vacuum chamber and a 29.9 hg vacuum is pulled and held until I think it's ready for an e-pen.
Or we can vape it in an oil rig or make salve after the decarb.
Hope that helps and or makes sense.
Correct me or show me a better way , I don't mind.....

Hmm, blasted output that is still in liquid state sounds like it still has either butane or everclear in it. It does not sound like something that should be consumed. Still feel like I'm missing something. :pale:

So blast your material and put the liquid into an oven at 225? A vac oven or a regular oven? Clearly I'm confused.

People are infusing both coconut oil or VG using the magical butter machine. The finished product vapes well and does not separate. Maybe I'll try that if I can't get this non-carrier method through my thick skull.

outwest

I like this!

when I get some cash flow im gonna hit you up, if you don't mind... for info on the pens, etc.. I make my own oil as well... be nice to have a pen on hand. ive had a cloud pen, it works allright.....

you hook folks up with the pens? to save me all the research. lol.

Don't you have vape stores in your area?? Because your right, all the new stuff here is the pens. The oil is just the same old thing. But the new sub ohm pens with the huge wicking holes are what make all this happen. Even the small pens are OK but leave the product tasting burnt or toasted the sub ohm pens allow you to vape at way lower Temps with a real big coil so you can still get nice big clean hit and the oil never getting very hot. Like a e-nail on low Temps with a carb cap......
I have spent thousands of dollars on e-pens. If I walk in a store and come across one I haven't seen I just buy it. Take it home and try it. I now have a list of pens that leak and ones that don't...... and learning how to prime the wicks can be a bitch. If your not making your own oil it can be expensive to. Like half a gram expensive. Because it can take that much to. Prime a pen right.

No Amigo , blast and purge.
Purge = vacuum 29.9 hg at 80-90 degrees
Purge = no large bubbles , how long that takes varies
Result is ok to vape , make topicals , or oral meds...oral and topicals need to be decarbed..
My purge pot and pens...

Thanks, Biggie. The material in the silicone containers looks more liquid than solid. How do you get that in the tanks?

Dock.L having tried so many pens, what's your fav?

outwest

I'm guessing the second is HD. Assume the tank is metal if you're taking a lighter to it?

outwest

Back