Death by cloning.

Why not try just soaking for a few hours, or a day, and then rinsing under running water briefly?

If that doesn't do it, fine, make it more complicated? :)

Soaking what DeFacto?The cubes?

As far as complicated goes...I like the idea of a cloner like g1277 mentioned.I say that because my spinner type always worked great.I looked at the Rubbermaid totes he uses and I can see the advantage of that recessed lid.I was hoping to find a smaller size Rubbermaid tote,and they also make a 14 gal.It looks tho like the smaller tote is shorter than the 20gal.I thought maybe with a smaller tote I could have just a single pvc pipe down the middle of the tote.I may drive into town and see if I can find one to see upfront and personal.I have a lot of the material for 1 of these already,so that would be a plus.

I want those instructions too! :)

(Yes Slim, soak and rinse the RW cubes is all that I find necessary.)

Cleaning aerocloners is fairly easy . Just dump a coupla` cups of bleach in and run 12 hours . Empty and refill using a bottle or two of standard peroxide off the grocery store shelf . Run it for 12 hours . Then drain , wipe things down and rinse . Well , that how I do it . Every other run I take a toothbrush to the pump and its internals . Dcyans always preached about keepin` his cloners clean , and he was right !
peace

You gotta get one of these dish brushes burnie
61Nq29xlbJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's gotta be a pita to clean the cloner with a toothbrush. Keeping things clean is probably the most important thing with an aero cloner. I like the 35% peroxide myself, just throw some in, scrub it down and then run the solution through the manifold for at least a few hours and u can't go wrong.

Lol....thanks , but I meant to use the toothbrush on the pump when it`s disassembled . That`d work on the container walls tho` . And the pucks......they get thrown in the dishwasher with bleach .

peace

Firming up the final draft.I used a white bucket simply because it was within reach.If it doesn't deliver,I can always change to spray nozzles.IMG_1047.JPGIMG_1046.JPG

Cleaning aerocloners is fairly easy . Just dump a coupla` cups of bleach in and run 12 hours . Empty and refill using a bottle or two of standard peroxide off the grocery store shelf . Run it for 12 hours . Then drain , wipe things down and rinse . Well , that how I do it . Every other run I take a toothbrush to the pump and its internals . Dcyans always preached about keepin` his cloners clean , and he was right !
peace

Pazactly, that’s what I’m saying. Went through it many times, and I’m just not into it anymore, lol. Imo there a pita, trays and domes is my preferred method these days, just so much easier for me. I don’t like doing dishes, and damn sure don’t like washing equipment. Just somethin I don’t have to pine over, ya have to clean everytime you use um, and no matter what they get slimey.

Lots of people have trouble popping roots this time of year. I know I do. I've always wondered why that is. :hmm: A few more weeks, and they'll pop really quickly again. I think you may have better luck with a lot less light. That way they won't be photosynthesizing so much, they'll be more focused on popping roots.

We just had an aerocloner discussion a month or so ago.

1) Make sure cloner is pristinely clean
2) Watch the heat of your water. The pump sits in water giving off heat. You could re-locate it to the outside or convert to aquarium pump and airstones.
3) Mine doesn't have a dome but I use a cheap glad container as the top.
4) Because my water temp was too high, all clones died.
5) Switched to pucks, no help.
6) Switched to rapid rooters. Frustrated that out of 12, only got 2 clones. Bitched to Carty about it and he suggested a cheap alternative.
7) Picked up a roasted chicken at Walmart (urp, mmmm chicken) and cleaned up the container. The container held 12 clones in rapid rooters with ridges on the bottom to hold just5 enough water for the rapid rooters to "wick." Placed top on after misting it, and, in one week all 12 had roots. Have done 3 runs since and 1 going now.

Geez..... a damned whole fried chicken container for the win with me!

PS: Make sure you have roots before transplanting.
Btw,. my aerocloner sits atop my closet shelf gathering dust now.

I use rapid rooters, a bubbler and the aerocloner just to mitigate any losses that may occur.... I like the chicken container idea I might add that one too LOL

So what is the winning formula? How much hormex? Or didn't you dilute it?

Its a b1 complex with hormones .

For RW soil or cube you soak the cuts in PURE hormex for 3-5 mins and voila add root compound and WOW .
For bubblers u dilute .

A game changer for sure :0
79867977_1556600107838988_1876981594728059359_n.jpg

Back