Couple outdoor 88h13hp

Coffee

Friend of mine has four youngsters that moved outside the greenhouse, under a lattice “roof” area beside the greenhouse, so far. Pics from 2weeks ago, day moved outside, 1 week ago, yesterday.

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

Yeah DBear, we're not getting any younger. Here's to the young folks coming up, growing the kind!

IMG_3191.jpg

I just mover them to 1g containers for a bit. I’m amazed how fast growth is under the sun. They’re all in the 18-24” range now.

Three of four look fine. There’s one that’s been less vigorous throughout, and it continues to.

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

The squeaky wheel is acting like the soil is too hot; a fussy plant. But you never know... I'd let it grow and see if it turns out nice.

The squeaky wheel is acting like the soil is too hot; a fussy plant. But you never know... I'd let it grow and see if it turns out nice.

Thank you. It was transplanted two weeks ago, and had beefed eating its lower fan leaves then. Same soil as the others. Maybe I didn’t mix as well and it got the hot. They’re in promix with vermiculite, lime, espoma, and top dressed with earthworm castings. I’m going to wait it out as you suggested. Thanks.

Just checked them out. Still no definitive signs of gender. The squeaky wheel is no worse, so perhaps it will grow through this. All four are moving into fuller sun, in a spot where they can spread out, a couple yards from where they are now.

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

Last edited:
I up potted the healthy three to larger containers-I think they’re 3-4 gal. Roots were great on all, and ready. That one isn’t looking so hot. Unlike the other three, which were all dry, it was water logged. I’ll let it go and see if it sorts itself out….

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg
IMG_3307.jpg

Couple shots from this evening of the happy three. The other seems on edge of recovery. We’ll see.

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 1
Alternate Phyllotaxy! :up: It looks like you might have the beginnings of alternating stems on that last G13HP photo. Maybe it's just the angle? But alternate phyllotaxy is an indication of sexual maturity and usually happens at the same time the plant shows sex.

Perfect timing, since they will probably start to flower sometime in the next three weeks (if they're a viable outdoor plant for the region, that is). If they start later than that, you're going to need luck and a good microclimate (or a greenhouse) to finish them.

Back