Bud storage

^^^ i tried that once, but getting the various odors (particularly garlic and coriander) out of the jar wasn't a huge success. new ones, no problem. i'm saving my used jars to make refrigerator pickles, maybe for the holidays if i get time.

i didnt look at them all but there are ways to recondition boveda packs it seems if you google the subject.

nice find! i'm going to try that, and i just threw one away based on time spent out of the wrapper. it was still viable i guess since it was still pliable.

Commercial pickle jars are a really convenient size too, imo. I get mine from a couple of delis near me. They are nice and big too.

I used to use 1 gallon pickle jars from the grocery. You can get rid of pickles pretty quick with a few kids around.

Are the commercial pickle jars larger?

I've been using common 5 gallon plastic buckets recently because they hold a lot more & are easier to pack. I usually trim in stages, and the buckets will hold large branches before de-stemming & final trimming.

I've been using common 5 gallon plastic buckets recently because they hold a lot more & are easier to pack. I usually trim in stages, and the buckets will hold large branches before de-stemming & final trimming.

these 5 gal buckets are even better if you fit them with gamma lids which is what I do when my glass jars are too small for the job

Threw out all my ball jars a couple years ago and replaced them with the mega C-vaults and boveda packs.

I can usually get about 1.5 to 2 lbs in each vault.

but that depends on how airy the finished buds are.

doubt i'll ever go back to using jars.......just way too much trouble imvho.

Do you guys use the 62% bovida packs? I found the herb to be little too moist when I used them. Seems the smell really starts to pop in the mid 50's. Just curious on your opinions. I see bovida has a 54% for the herbal market now.

depends on the size of the container. my 6L c-Vault calls for 62's. i'd also recommend not having the pack in direct contact with the herb. i'm sure any size would work in an airtight environment, as long as its matched up.

lol.....the gamma lids look a lot like old commercial 5 gal paint lids. They used to have slots you had to cut, then remove the lid. A gasket was on there too. I'm not sure whether they still make them like that today. To buy a 5er at HD or Lowes, does not come with a gasket.

I go to a couple local restaurants and ask the cooks to save the empty 1 gal pickle jars, then, bring a six pack in exchange. The half gal kerr jars also work well. Actually, I have 5gal, 1 gal, 1/2 gal, quart and pint size glass depending on the yield. My jars are cloudy, I think I need to do the iso wash.

When we tended in Big Sur region (80's) we did everything in field......including Bud those five gal buckets that we would bury close to three elbows/seal-a-meal bagged per bucket and leave until sold.....then make a trip out dig up haul out........never lost any to thieves, but few to sealing before dry enough........

Jars are nice at home for the best buds of season.......I use the old blue/green Ball or Mason jars, but all other goes to seal-a-meal bags.........

ganj on.........

Back