Bubble Bags

Any brand recommendations?
There seems to be a pretty wide range in pricing. Are the cheaper sets crap?

I'm running a pretty small amount, an ounce at a time or less

I have stuck to bubble bags as a lesser name brand was cheap and fell apart literally at the seams after three uses.
And I have been using the same set now for 18 years.
And have only had to replace one bag which tore and it was totally my fault.

I totally didn't take your advice and bought a cheap set...might regret it.
The other one was double the price and shipped from Canada. This is just Amazon.
5 gal, 5 bag set
Guess I need a need a paint stirrer attachment for my drill as well

Any tips for a first timer who is only running about an oz?

I never use 5 bags. I actually think 5 bag sets are a scam. I figured that out when I bought a 2 bag set from Pappy years ago and still got full melt. I use the yellow 90, the red one, and I forgot what thread it is, 160 maybe, and the blue 220. Anymore bags is just more work, with the same results. Sometimes you'll get decent hash from the red bag. Your Yellow bag will have the majority of your best trichomes. What trichomes pass through the 90 will be in the bottom of your bucket, and they can be pretty good too. Just let it rest for 5-10 minutes, and siphon off the water as far as you can, and dump the trichomes into a filterless coffee basket with a coffee filter in it. It's quicker and easier than spanking that purple 25 and freezing your fingers off.(Raynaud's Syndrome here) Use lots of ice and water, and let it sit until it's as cold as it gets before adding your greens. When you pull the Blue bag spray the ice, and greens with water to spray off any trichomes stuck to it into your red bag still on the bucket. Do the same with your red bag into your yellow. Make sure you completely dry your trichomes by breaking them up finely, and spreading them out in a thin layer on cardboard for at least a night. Longer if they feel moist yet. Do Not press moist trichomes or you'll get mold 100% of the time, and your hash will marshmallow out and be ruined. I press a tiny amount wet just for the day that I'm making it if I'm going to be using it right away. Otherwise ugh ugh. Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited:
Thanks much!
What's the ideal state for the bud I put in? None of the guides really say and skip right to making it.
Full wet? Normal smoking texture? Extra dry?

How broken up? Full nugs and break it up using the ice? ? Broken up off the stem? Quick pass in the grinder like I was rolling a joint?

My prefers;
fresh frozen fluffy nugs or trim. no tight nugs. mix by hand w/ spoon, no drill/paint mixer.I don't dry on unfinished cardstock as it lifts fibers and cardboard flavor, but metal baking sheets or nylon cutting board.

Bags came!!!
Sizes are 220,160,120,73, and 25
Also another screen for drying which is also 25

Bud isn't quite ready yet so it'll be a week or so before a make it

got a set of those large bags when unleashdagreen was happening……yet to use….

got a 5gal set when bubble dik head just started his buis yrs ago…….he ended up using my CC# in India for 1k…..can’t say which wild hog wallow I’d deliver him to…but it be swift and quick….

If you want hash that's dabbable use fresh frozen. Pretty hard to handle though. Imho.

If you want the traditional hash that you may have experienced in the past let it dry out completely.

I use a washing machine myself. I get a much better yield, and quality is always top shelf.
[MENTION=281]midwest[/MENTION] Aren't your bags color coded?

So basically the 220 bag is redundant and I should leave it out and stir it all inside the 160 bag making it a 4 bag set?
Or even cut out the 120 as well and make it a 3 bag set of 160, 73, and 25
And really the only reason for the 120 bag is if I want separate grades which I don't care about

The 220 bag is redundant if you are using a washing machine because your zipper bag is a 220 also. But you'll still want to use it. Somehow greens still get past your zipper bag. Are you using a washing machine? If you're not using a washing machine, the 220 is Not redundant! Think of your 220 as your real work horse bag. It should keep all the stuff you don't want out of your trichomes.

You should put the 73 yellow bag in your bucket first, Then the red bag over the 73 yellow, and the 220 blue bag on last. The 220 is to keep all your junk out of the good bags of trichomes. So you'll pull your 220, spray it down well into your remaining bags still in the bucket. Pull the red bag next, and give it a good spray into the yellow bag still on the bucket, then pull the yellow bag, and give it a good spray over your bucket. I like to spray them down because there's always trichomes stuck to the bag that can go into the next bag, or bucket. Plus it gathers your trichomes for easy retrieval. Spray gently with a fine mist in all bags.

I ended up just using all 5.
Hand mixed
Turned out pretty good, I've had better.

This much weed
IMG_20220921_164526723~2.jpg

Became this much hash
IMG_20220926_213233158~2.jpg

I ran a few ounces of outdoor bud and sugar leaf today. Somehow the 160 bag got lost years ago. so today ran 220-120-25 and separated the 120 from the 25. we'll see if the 120 is at all good to smoke or to be made edible. One run, six minutes to mix. the bags empty quickly enough, 10-20 secs. press out the water and chop into pieces to dry on a baking sheet. less than an hour start to cleaned up. could have gotten a lot more if I ran it through a few times and rinsed the bags with running water. but the first stuff is the best, screw the rest. unless the stash is lean, of course.

I ran my bubble bags the other day and kept only the last two bags worth of hash. I only keep the smokable stuff.

Last pulls from the outdoor trim --->
220 micron, 73 micron and 45 micron bags were used.
I give all of this away but not too shabby from less than 1.5 gallons of trim.
Resized_20221101_220212.jpg

Reactions: 180
Just trimmed and froze some outdoor bud for bubble. These two plants look plenty frosty and my guess would be 4gm/oz bud +/-.
A friend I showed how to use the bubble bags told me that she got 44gm from 4 oz of 'homegrown' un-manicured weed. That sounds fantastic to me. But I've not smoked any of her hash nor any resins, tinctures etc. She does know quality as Shov's edible sweet breads are rated 'very strong',. hi-test.
Any way to get that much extract? 44gm / 4oz?

Back