Bubble Bags

DragNFly

BuZZZzzz'ed
I grow in 4 x 4 tent, continious grow harvest 2-3 at a time, any advantage to using a gallon bubble bag system, or should I just get the 5 gallon

DnF, you can save your trim in the freezer until you have enough. I think the gallon bags would be too small :2c:

I use 5 gallon bags and I've done so with others or solo. Just as easy for me solo.
I can't imagine 1 gallon bags working well. Even if it's just an ounce of trim I think it would work in a 5 gal as well as the 1 gal. And if one had more than an ounce of trim, bud, whatever, the 1 gal would be lots more work.
I should be doing 5oz of bud today but running out of steam already. Need to have a bite and burn something energizing and see how it goes.

5 gallon bags, you want a lot of ice and plenty of room to move that material around.

When we quit I was shaking out 20 gal bags, full of resins, we used a washing machine to do the mixing. You can get great quality with a washingmachine, just don’t run that long. We did a lb at a time, 3 to 4 runs, first two were nice, then they start getting real grainy and greenish final run.

I’d run two machines, two 20 gal trash cans, non stop for 8 hrs or more, for a freaking week or more, lol. Times I’d be pressing, and transferring hash from the freeze dryer to bags, all at the same time. Automation man, hehe

Last edited:
5 gal.

Just washed a lb of cured Poison Dosi tonight...easy.

Got a good system I'm finally really happy with. Use a Drill and multiple 5 gal buckets pouring into a single bag set (3 bags only, collecting 160-49u). Cut a 5 gal bucket lid to make a collar to hang bags on, hang that into a big 30 gal garbage can and viola.Snapchat-2109865726.jpg

5 gal.

Just washed a lb of cured Poison Dosi tonight...easy.

Got a good system I'm finally really happy with. Use a Drill and multiple 5 gal buckets pouring into a single bag set (3 bags only, collecting 160-49u). Cut a 5 gal bucket lid to make a collar to hang bags on, hang that into a big 30 gal garbage can and viola.View attachment 343227

Wow! How come I never thought of that? Don't tell me. I'm a dumb shit! Lol! So you use 3 bags, with 3 buckets. Except I use the 220, 160,(I have found some decent trikes in this one) and the 73 bags. Wait! Can you elaborate a bit, or show a pic about what you mean by your last sentence? Even though I use a washer with a 220 zipper bag, that may be the way to go. I don't care to use any finer than the 73. They take too long to drain. It's much easier to just siphon off most of the water, and just pour everything that goes thru the 73 into a coffee filter sitting inside one of those wally world filterless coffee filters. Some strains have a lot of smaller trichomes that go thru the 73.

A one gallon set of bags could come in handy when you travel, if the local herb isn't that good, just make some hash.

Last edited:
My Bubble Bags will be here today, I have a GG4 ready to take down, I got full jars, looks like my first run will be with all bud from this plant, it dropped all the fans already just turning amber. Headed to Home depot for more soil, will pick up the drill paint stirer, just need more HD 5 gal buckets making my list, lol.......thanks guys for help, appreciate it

No expert here but I used a paint stirrer a number of times. It works ok. Either way the plant material needs to be crashing with the ice, not swirling around in the bucket. 7 lbs of ice. Just enough water to be able to stir it with a spoon. I stirred for 5 minutes, let it settle for ten minutes and removed the resin. Bags put back in the bucket and agitated another 5 minutes, added a couple more gallons of water to separate the resin quicker and did a second pull. Done. I'll give a weight after it's dried. I will press it into wafers this time, I had been rubbing the resin into balls the last few times.

15g total from about 5oz Cred Cheese outdoor buds. A light haul but it was quick and the product is very clean, soft and sticky. Last run I think I got about twice that but the quality wasn't as nice.

Last edited:
Wow! How come I never thought of that? Don't tell me. I'm a dumb shit! Lol! So you use 3 bags, with 3 buckets. Except I use the 220, 160,(I have found some decent trikes in this one) and the 73 bags. Wait! Can you elaborate a bit, or show a pic about what you mean by your last sentence? Even though I use a washer with a 220 zipper bag, that may be the way to go. I don't care to use any finer than the 73. They take too long to drain. It's much easier to just siphon off most of the water, and just pour everything that goes thru the 73 into a coffee filter sitting inside one of those wally world filterless coffee filters. Some strains have a lot of smaller trichomes that go thru the 73.

A one gallon set of bags could come in handy when you travel, if the local herb isn't that good, just make some hash.

The pic is a little confusing because it doesn't show the bags but good question.

The bags sit inside one another as normal. ( I do 220, 160, 45) But they hang in a big can so that you can pour 10-20 gallons through without having to lift the bags every dump. Basically my idea came from wanting to cut the bottom out a 5 gal. Lid works better after all to make a collar essentially. I'll get pics next time if I can of the bags hanging inside the big can. I stick a broom thru a can handle to make like a post, then put the bag loops over the broom handle so I can 1man it.

I just use the white 5 gals to mix, then lift em to pour thru the bags/collar to drain down into the can. I don't have to wait at all hardly for the 45 u to drain, it's the 25 u that everybody gave up on it seems like.

With the drill this run did come in a bit light! 12 grams bubble off 432 dry, or 2.75% yield. This strain is not a good washer or sift plant so I blame that but was a little surprised given how good the starting material was (fire as fuck full buds) 5% is a good one, shovv that yield is pimpin

Happy hashing.

I also have washer but find this easier honestly! Hope that helps

Last edited:
Bubble bags arrived....220 160 120 73 25 ........Will start clipping buds for freezer, will try on Saturday...love learning new stuff

I actually find the 5 gallon easier to run than the one gallon. The larger surface area of the screen in the 5 gallon bags makes collection easier IMHO.

Yes, what Bush Dr said ---> I like to crush mine up with gloved hands ---> but any method to make sure the ice can knock maximum trics off
Have fun and enjoy.

Update, so I picked the most ripest GG4 plant I had, stripped off all lower buds and put them on pizza pan, I just could not cut up all the beautiful top buds on each branch, trimmed and hung those, I got about 2 Z wet and 1 in freezer.
OP,as far a pulling apart, it takes a working thumb, lol, cartilage all gone......so garden fishers got it cut up nice, into freezer

Stirred 30 minutes, nothing In 160 nothing in 120 73 that was best return, so I am letting water settle below 29.....ready for second run.......early returns, I'll smoke doobies

Stirred 30 minutes, nothing In 160 nothing in 120 73 that was best return, so I am letting water settle below...trying a second run.......early returns, I'll smoke doobies

Easy to break up buds when they are frozen. Careful not to just crush the hell out out of them which will contaminate the run with leaf matter.
I do not understand the problems folks have with the 25 micron screen. Like DR says, shake the bag 'up and down' it doesn't seem to drain too much slower than the 73 bag.
30 minutes to agitate seems like way long. Just enough water to cover the weed, it should be pretty difficult to push a 'paddle' through the slurry and a few of the ice cubes will want to freeze together. If using a paint stirrer of similar method do not just give the weed/ice a fun ride swirling around in the bucket.
Sometimes I rush a 4 oz run through the bags and cleaned up in under an hour. 6 minute agitation, pull the bags, another 6 minutes of agitation, pull the bags again. Other times I will do a third run through the bags without agitation after adding more water and letting it settle for a while (from 10 minutes to overnight).

I am sure others do a better job and have finer methods than this. But this has seemed worked well for me. Please advise if any of this is questionable. TX

Back