Blueberry IX / IBL

Matthewriot

This is the strain I was referring to in the Canna Cabana episode.

It’s Dj Short Blue F4 (pack obtained by resin lung from dj during one of his in person events - not made by JD like most of his seeds are nowadays) x Lonestar / TRC Blue Bonnet

I have been doing a lot of work with Lonestars Blue Bonnet for years and there is no comparable Blueberry line that breeds for Blueberry Jam that isn’t based on his work. He outcrossed at some point to something afghani dominant but never d what it was, but whatever it was was the key to the resin production and heavy potency.

We are rereleasing a further working of the Blueberry IX in a few weeks so I figured I’d put up some pics to show it off here. IMG_5843.jpeg

Attachments

• 20231031_150720.jpeg
    20231031_150720.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20231031_150858.jpeg
    20231031_150858.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20231031_150946.jpeg
    20231031_150946.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20231031_151107.jpeg
    20231031_151107.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20231031_151130.jpeg
    20231031_151130.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20231031_151148.jpeg
    20231031_151148.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • 20231031_151318.jpeg
    20231031_151318.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • 20231031_151402.jpeg
    20231031_151402.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 20231031_151905.jpeg
    20231031_151905.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
25a.jpg

It’s Dj Short Blue F4 (pack obtained by resin lung from dj during one of his in person events - not made by JD like most of his seeds are nowadays) x Lonestar / TRC Blue Bonnet

I have been doing a lot of work with Lonestars Blue Bonnet for years and there is no comparable Blueberry line that breeds for Blueberry Jam that isn’t based on his work. He outcrossed at some point to something afghani dominant but never d what it was, but whatever it was was the key to the resin production and heavy potency.

We are rereleasing a further working of the Blueberry IX in a few weeks so I figured I’d put up some pics to show it off here. View attachment 358565
Wow, looks amazing! I can’t wait to try that one!

Nice colors!
Heres the blueberry indica mom I got from inkognito through bohdiseeds around 2012. Ink told me it was from a pack of dutch passion regular seeds he got in 1994. Xochi(rip) used it in some crosses, we both crossed TK and blueberry indica. I think I crossed TK to the blueberry and he did bb x tk, I didnt like my cross as much as he said he liked his...anyway here she is.

1000016374.jpg

And here's a Blueberry I got from a homie. Paid $25 for it, lol. Didn't look like much when I got her but the aroma in flower is sweet blueberry preserves, made me take a clone and keep her and I'm glad I did. Like many extremely flavorful plants, she is best taken fairly early (<60 days) to preserve the flavor.... The high is very nice, but she's not wicked potent. -->That Blueberry IX looks like it has some OG Kush genes in the mix.
BB1.jpg

That Blueberry IX looks like it has some OG Kush genes in the mix.
IDK. DJ really selected for that Afghan look. Yours looks like a DP pheno.
Here's the True Blueberry I grew for a while back in the day. It looked totally kush. Tasted like it too. Not really much berry except for when it was growing. Off the plant it was pretty hashy tasting.
Later on I grew a Blueberry/Bubba for a while and always thought the tastes compliment each other well.

I'm interested in this Lonestar line Will have to pick some up eventually. Maybe one of the crosses. Saw Riot has a Blueberry/Bubba cross...

Attachments

• 6815tbb1.jpg
    6815tbb1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 6815tbb4.jpg
    6815tbb4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 33

We are rereleasing a further working of the Blueberry IX in a few weeks so I figured I’d put up some pics to show it off here. View attachment 358565
Beautiful Matt! Love the dedication and time you have put in to make sure true strong blueberry traits are maintained(not just in the name lol)

IDK. DJ really selected for that Afghan look. Yours looks like a DP pheno.
Here's the True Blueberry I grew for a while back in the day. It looked totally kush. Tasted like it too. Not really much berry except for when it was growing. Off the plant it was pretty hashy tasting.
Later on I grew a Blueberry/Bubba for a while and always thought the tastes compliment each other well.

I'm interested in this Lonestar line Will have to pick some up eventually. Maybe one of the crosses. Saw Riot has a Blueberry/Bubba cross...
Sadly haven’t enjoyed a DJ blue pheno since mid 90’s(his blue sat pheno was 🔥 tho) and there were many other blueberry strains that were phenomenal during his rise AND before, some were better IMO. Actually prefer the Oregon blueberry cut that’s been going around the med scene for 30+yrs. As far as new lines, Matt’s blueberry flavors/terps are pretty on point and super flavorful with his blue bonnet Ive got to taste on occasion. Haven’t grown but if I’m craving a blueberry jam flavor, that’s what I most likely will grab lol. Again, all my opinion

Weird enough the one blueberry I’ve had that I semi thought was legit came as a freebie in a pack had thin sativa leaves very strong blueberry smell that translated to a fruity taste, but when I used it in crosses the offspring often hermed. So I got rid of it. This might be a great time to jump back on a solid blueberry. Looks great Matt! Super excited to check that out.

I had a blueberry, way back early 2000's that behaved quite 'indica'. Was a great at keeping it's flavor and personality, even if kept not so well, even a year or more later. It had a tendency to make people 'hear things'...sister said that she could hear what sounded like voices that she couldn't quite make out, like from the other side of an insulated wall. I could have lived with that...cuz what i got was a sudden startling evil ROAR!!! (just out of the blue, about made me pee my pants, every time) I liked it far better in crosses, as far as flavor, and the audibles were less. It's in my old 'Q', as a grandparent of the 'strain', but i gave away all the straight blueberry seed. I always figure that the bb that i had must have been very close to DJ's, maybe an 'f2' from him.

Maybe the auditory thing just affected my family, cuz i've never really read about anyone else experiencing that.

Back a few years ago, when in Vegas, we sampled some BlueDream that was lovely. From that dispensary over by the trump building, can't remember the name. And i have a couple of gifted bb crosses, one is from the old ISP gang, @Ohsogreen probably, that was labelled as being x OG, but one of the other guys said that it might be Chem (if i remember correctly). Also, i was gifted a cross with JackieO, according to the label. But, offhand, that's about all that i have in storage.

I really truly enjoyed that CaliO S1's that was gifted, and would like to try the JackiO bb cross, just to see if i could get a good orange out of it. (the only other orange x seed that i have was from TigerLily, and i heard that it's maybe not what i was told, but it was presented as being Herijuana x CaliO.)

The auditory thang is fun and a little scary. I sometimes have little auditory problems after a long boozey night. One time, i woke up and thought my wife was in the kitchen cooking, i head the sounds of pots clanging and this and that. When i got out of bed no one was home. Lol. This is why you dont drrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnkkkkk like that in the first place. I was pretty sad that their wasnt cooked bacon waiting, lol.

Back