Best method I've used for sending clones

I tried a bunch of different methods, but the best of all the methods is to send a cutting, no added moisture, no air in the baggy. A clean cut with a sharp blade seems to help, as well. Old DVD cases make great protection.

Peace, KB

well the time we[kushy] talked about it years ago

i lived in wrong country it woulda been mush..100% of the time..post takes too long..

and sorry.. i knew you were not happy with me..it kinda hurt..iwas just being realistic

you said "take a cut , blow into a baggie and send it that way"

all i know is paper towels wrapped around anything will rot the cut..

all the best

I just called it "Slash & Stash"! No water. No paper toweling. Just 3-4 clips in a ziploc baggy with the air sucked out. No more than that per baggy though. Or the respiration will cause condensation, and you'll get a baggy full of mush! :puffpuffpass:

I just called it "Slash & Stash"! No water. No paper toweling. Just 3-4 clips in a ziploc baggy with the air sucked out. No more than that per baggy though. Or the respiration will cause condensation, and you'll get a baggy full of mush! :puffpuffpass:

how many days in shipping ???

I use plastic beer cups, cut is rooted, grown in the cup to establish roots, place popcorn on top of dirt, fill well, tape it all down to keep dirt in place. Place another cup over top, tape in place. Tape up any drain openings. Seal a meal, Place in flat rate box with popcorn and send.

Nothing rots, and they don’t freakin die.

Old plastic VCR tape cases work great...root them in 1 inch grodan r.w. cubes...you can put 4 of them along the bottom of each case and they fit perfectly... make.a simple slit in the 2 sides of the case just above the cubes and hold them in place with an elastic or folded over duct tape...shrink wrap and you good to go...bullet proof shipping case...take care n stay safe.

You guys - seriously - try sending UNROOTED cuts in a bag with no air or moisture. You're spending a LOT of extra time with packaging and a lot of extra money on postage and a lot of extra potential unwanted attention with a ROOTED plant and it's all unnecessary. The simple way is the best - stick each cut inside a piece of straw (big gulp) for extra security if you want...

If it's going across the pond, you'll need to spring for faster shipping to make sure the travel time is under 5 days.

If it's going across the pond, you'll need to spring for faster shipping to make sure the travel time is under 5 days.

Across the pond, I take a very large branch, which has 3 to 5 good cuts available on it, I roll the branch up, seal a meal, into a large bubble envelope, and ship. Has worked well a few trips.

Back in the Motarebel Days we traded a lot of cuttings and all over the world...

One way I found that worked great and protected the cuttings from getting crushed while other boxes are stacked on it while shipping...

Popsicle Molds... sizes vary from 4" to 8" and many have lids like these do..

attachment.php

best clone shippers.jpg

You guys - seriously - try sending UNROOTED cuts in a bag with no air or moisture. You're spending a LOT of extra time with packaging and a lot of extra money on postage and a lot of extra potential unwanted attention with a ROOTED plant and it's all unnecessary. The simple way is the best - stick each cut inside a piece of straw (big gulp) for extra security if you want...

I'll have to say, I agree with you 100%! The beauty of receiving unrooted cuts this way is I can sterilize them completely in a bleach solution for a half hour, re-cut, and I can be assured that there's no bugs, or mold. Because sometimes the sender's don't even know of the infection yet, and it's better to be safe than sorry! You can't do that with rooted cuts. Then you have the substrate. Which could harbor fungus gnats, or other unwanted larvae. Katsu, and Ceteris Paribus turned me on to the slash, and stash method 15 years ago, and it works very well. It's just so simple.

You guys take this stuff serious.
My only clones send was a fully rooted plant from Kanada to the southern states.
I used pieces of plastic pipe with end caps in a box with peanuts. Made it nicely.

I’ve only received clones once and that was in a plastic tobacco container full of cuts and water. ;)

How late can you take cuttings guys? I've taken them before fairly late in flower because my dog at the 6 I'd taken... for real.. so I took late cuttings and had to reverse them after rooting.. slow process though.

I've got a Peyote Cookies fem'd plant I want to turn into cuttings... she's been growing along side some autos on 14/10 light schedule hoping she'd flower but just cheating both autos and this beautiful plant of their full potential..

About 49 days from seed... she'll provide 13 large cuttings leaving them a node region to take the last cut from and place into a cloner machine... 2 days in the mail, maybe 3... I'm going to use the simple method of cuttings inside dry baggie and packaged safely... no crushing or mush... thanks
45 days in 058.jpg

I tried a bunch of different methods, but the best of all the methods is to send a cutting, no added moisture, no air in the baggy. A clean cut with a sharp blade seems to help, as well. Old DVD cases make great protection.

Peace, KB

I just recently got a package of cuts this way - first time ever and from within my own state/next day to boot, and every one of them was fully wilted - they didn't pop back, they were goners.

I have always wrapped the cut ends in moist paper towel and then into bags and sealed. Never had a problem - To me the no moisture method doesn't really make a lot of sense, I mean plants use water and they cant survive long without it. right?
and i'm not saying that the no moisture method doesn't work, i'm just saying that "to me" a bit of moisture makes more sense

the caveat is that who the hell knows what can happen to a package once the USPS has it? lol

mj

My thoughts exactly bro. I sent ya a PM a few days ago ��

+1

I’ve always sent them in wet paper towel around the cut end, dipping the end in water then clonex seems to seal the ends during shipping and they nearly always survive at the other end

That's exactly right. I've had >95% success sending hundreds of cuts a decade ago

I'm with the consensus here on the ends wrapped in moist paper...unrooted cuts with the ends wrapped in moist paper towel thrown into a sandwich bag then into a ziplock bag and double boxed. Over the past decade or so I'd say I had an 80-90% success rate.

As far as I know unrooted cuts are considered "plant matter" rather than actual plants and are not illegal.

Back