400 watt cylinder/vertical scrog unit

realhigh,

Great stuff, but.....

After a certain time has past ..... You've got to do it again to prove it still works.

Why not fire it up again and see if you've got any new tricks that have been brewin' since then.

realhigh,
Why not fire it up again and see if you've got any new tricks that have been brewin' since then.

i agree, and i do think 1 lb can be done with a 400 ..hell, i've seen it done

here's a run i did a few months ago >> an OG Kush -Loompa's headband -a notoriously low yeilder
>> 3.75 oz with a 150hp ( best scrog run i've had in a long time)

if i can do this with a 150 i should be able to get a lb. from a 400 ...i havnt yet but i'm tryin L.A.M.F. best i've done with my 400 is just shy of 14 oz

picture.php

mj

Oh yes I am. I will be putting all back up and running after I get done moving. I am in a state that if caught a 2nd time growing I am history, so we are moving to a understanding state late this month. Once I get a new home I will be setting it up putting all my knowledge to use to see how much better I can do it. If I can hit 2 grams per watt I will dancing a jig, spinning on my head, running the streets joyeously, LOL.
Thank you all for the comments.

It is "late this month"! In four more days it'll be "early next month". ;)

Cool you'll be setting up again, and even cooler that you'll be in a friendly state.

Hope the move goes well.

peace,
GM

Got my new home in NV, if all goes right in a few months I will have my card, or not.
Either way soon as I am clear from home visit's I will grow again.
I purchased me another 400 watt system, found me needed part's for the system, have a area just big enough for the DWC system. Needed to clean up the rack and repaint it and enclose/seal the grow room area.
I will get all back together and give the grow my best. It might take me a bit to get female cut's for the system as I need to get seed sprouted and find a female for cut's.
First things first.

Awesome
Looking forward to seeing how you do

I'm gearing up for another run at this style myself. Expecting to increase my yield dramatically from last round

shit, posting yesterday made me realize I need to fix my LED cloner lights, or get flo's or the 50watt hps bulb. I need to germinate and raise the baby's up to find females. The 400 watt DWC system was designed for female clones, I will just have to do it.

hydrorascal made the LED germination box, it worked at one point, but I am learning more about it and getting lost at the same time, LOL
I never thought about pictures and so I do not believe there are any, not that I have seen.
I am picking positivity's brain a bit to see if I can figure out a LED array on a octagonal shaped heatsink to be the light source for the cylinder grow unit, so far looking promising, now if I can understand it all and get it together as I want it.

A vert led grow huh?
Sounds cool
I've often pondered a T5 vert grow. Seems the lights are built for it although I don't think I've ever seen anyone try

I am getting most of the items together now, if I get it my way I will use individual drivers per color, a few one one driver, but most will be dimmable an allow me to adjust for flower or vegy stage along with turnning (increasing brightness) as plants grow more vertical. This last feature will help in saving electricity and $$, every little bit helps.
Going to make a 7" octagonal shape vertical display at 24" tall that I will mount 128 LEDs on, 16 LEDs per panel. Working out my drivers right now and hope to order them today.

Wow. That's how they growing aboard the ISS!

You guys make me feel old skool low tek lazy LAME ;)

Props to realhigh and the other explorers. We all benefit from your experimentation. :thumright:

Just pumping this up for others. I have gotten much closer to finishing this LED light tower for the center light source. Been towing with a few ideas on how to put/hold these 8 panels into the shape, yet the need to be attached in a solid manner.
Maybe a puff or two will allow my mind to see what is needed, release my creative brain cells for me.

I'll third -or more- that on the totals for a 600 rh :thumbsup: I do a pretty similar thing with vertical 600's surrounded by wire cages and hanging fans under. I don't get an elbow with dirt tho :( To me looks like your girls are pretty close to the bulb, do you have burning issues that close?

Yes, Jolly Roger you did find the flaw in the unit. I eventually put a second screen in around the lamp area to hold the besty buds back. They just go for the light like burning is not an issue to them.
I learned alot from those first few runs and with this LED tower and a bit more agreesive tying back I do belive I can get zero burn. Twisty ties work wonders for the SCROGGER, LOL.
Like most anything timming is everything, so hope this old boys skills are still up to par.

Mt John, VERY NICE!! You have some beauties there, fo sho! They look like ice cream cones or cotton candy. Pretty enough to get my power hitter all excited. :thumbsup:

ZZ

I am not after the high numbers any longer. I just posted what this set up did for me. I am changing the light source from HPS to LED's. My only true goal is to provide myself with my needed med's with this system. If I do hit that bench mark again I will be a very happy camper, but I love growing the plant and enjoy manipulating it to achieve my needed amount. 48 more LED's to get mounted and still counting the days until I can grow again.

Back