400 watt cylinder/vertical scrog unit

Lots of work all those small leds. Music and vape on standby helps..

Future builds will be much easier. The cree cxa line could take your setup down to one or two leds per section. But the xmls will do similarly...probably better to let the cree cxa line develop a bit more before jumping in.

I'll post up some shots of a new light based off those leds when I get to it.

This is a cree cxa 3590. 2700k which has grown some fat buds just by itself by a few people.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=CXA3590-0000-000R00AD27Fvirtualkey57280000virtualkey941-CXA35900R00AD27F

And here's a chart of the best flowering leds right now. Shows how efficient they are at producing light, how current affects output, price per watt at chosen current.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 9
I would like to use what I have gotten to the fullest first before chasing new and better things.
I ran Windows95 until nothing would except it any longer..
I will run these LED's until they do not work any longer. I might have to change a few to achieve the spectrum I need, but I am pretty sure what I have will work just fine for what I am after..............medicine........

Of course realhigh...your leds should be plenty good. Just wanted to share the chart with you so you can see where your leds stand right now. The leds you have are some of the best available.

The only white led comparable to the new cxa line are the xml l2.

It was more to show you the future is bright...very bright..for your design and all the hard work your putting in.

Xmls will grow fine medicine, here's one of my recent favorite shots. Plants can be very healthy under this lighting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 12
The more I look at all these LED's, the more I think I over did it. But than I remember I do have the ability to dim each color of LED and the ability to turn on/off any one of them I choose. I do feel a learning curve with growing with them, so I probably will be asking more questions positivity.
My future is so bright I need to wear welding goggles just so I can see.....
If all fails, well I have one awesome Led disco tower, just mount it to a spinning device and we can party, LOL

Just a bit of an update. Nothing bad has happened, just now getting to mounting the tower in the grow room.
The cylinder system will only house one plant this first run. It is a BCW that came to me as a seed ( a gift from mother nature) any how, I just do not know if it is male or female yet, that day of sex is coming soon. I had planned to grow and wrap this one plant around the screen as much as possible, but now I think I will harvest cutting, try to get them rooted, and growing in the extra 2 plant sites. Male or female I do believe that is what I will try to do and make the most of this first run.
I want to test the waters again, get my fingers wet so to say, but also see how the exhaust system and odor control works. See about any fan noise or humming that needs to be dealt with. I need to keep this grow unnoticeable and working. I can see I need to make me a little vegy/clone area so I can supply the cylinder with females.
Let the fun begin, and I will update with a new photo of things soon.

Attachments

• LEDtowerONa.jpg
    LEDtowerONa.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
^^^ Isn't there something about a Festivus Pole? :happy1:
That T.O.W.E.R. is going to take you through the holidaze!!!

Never thought of it that way, but you are right, I will always have a tree, LOL.

Okay getting ever closer to getting the plant in the cylinder system, but I want to make sure I get done all I can now, not later when it means removing the plant and system to do the work.
She is hanging in there and growing a bit more now in lateral branch's. At this point she has one of her top branch's growing alternating node growth, sexing is around the corner.

Nice lookin light tower. It does fit the season, like a decorated tree. Hope you get a nice lady that likes to be cloned. :afroweed:

All the best & I hope she gets your fingers all gooey. :014:

ZZ

IMG_20151221_034602_hdr.jpg

Okay it is not all set up as it should be, but for now I had to see the tower light up and work, plus I want to introduce the plant to the LED lights.

I am only using the lower 6 colors right now at 50% power. The idea is as the plant grows up the screen I will introduce more light. At flower I will have all on and some colors will be turned down in power while other will be adjusted much more. Need to get a nice spectrum meter so I can measure things rather than guess at it.

The only thing I know of different is with the 400watt hps set up I ran a air pump per air stone, ran 3 one for each plant.
Other than the light source being different all is being done the same. I just wanted to bunch this up for others who wanted to see.:puffpuffpass:

Back