2021 summer - Gifted outdoor grow

freeheeler

All,
Probably not going to be any sort of in depth week by week grow journal type thread. Rather a sporadic, inconsistent update as best I can share.

Background
I grow intermittently in a cabinet.
I chose my online name way way back because I wanted to share aging beans I had. Giving them away. Free- healer. (But I chose heeler bc at the time I was a tele skier) anyway.

Since early online days I collect beans and share them to my small network of offline growers. One happens to be an aging hippie up in the hills outside of Lyons CO. A bit tongue in cheek bc I’m no young buck. But he’s pushing 70.

Buys like ten beans a year. One strain. Sprouts then takes clones etc. finished with somewhere spring 25 plants outdoors. Grows for himself and his gf and that’s it.

Started chatting and said to him, you know, I have plenty of beans that have been gifted to me... you’re welcome to them. Many won’t finish outdoors but I can help you with ones that will.

So without further ado, I share with you the germ rates on the strains he popped. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SHARED THESE BEANS! These are being grown and very much appreciated by an older guy for medicine. And true to my username, we’re shared pro Bono. He says thanks.

I will update when he does. Which may be almost never before harvest. Lol. But you who gifted me beans deserve to know where they end up.

0/5 Agent Orange
0/5 Sky Blue Dream
2/5 Early Queen...tiny. Being babied.
5/5 OG JAM
10/10 INDIANA BUBBLEGUM x C99
9/10 BLACK LIME RESERVE X HEADBAND
6/6 KALI MIST

And since I have your attention.... he was asking for my advice on how he might extend the gift by keeping male(s) and making some of his own beans for next year. He’s flower a male or males elsewhere and collect pollen. From the above list of strains that germinated I immediately thought:
Well if you only keep one male, or had to pick only one strain to keep all males.. thereby making the offspring easier to identify lineage... I’d suggest you keep the males from OG Jam. I kinda feel like I see a lot of good breeding results from seed banks using various OG. So anyone think there’s a better male option in the strains here? (The OG Jam comes from CBF here and as best I can describe, he’s gone 6 or so gens adding in fire, ghost, sfv, Larry’s, etc. next gen males get hit or he reversed and hits up. It’s a mutt of a bunch of OG, does well outdoors, and well, I kinda feel like is probably the easiest to predict breeding success with).

Welcome to feedback. I will share more when he had more. Probably go dormant for a month here. Sorry no pics. Perhaps next time.

Be well and again, thank you to you know who’s here and those who’ve gone on. Your beans are bringing medicine to a grateful hippie. Karma should be acknowledged.
Freeheeler

Awesome - love this and it looks like he is going to have some great variety - best of luck

Black lime reserve x headband, BLR has selection in that work, and from just about any report you read, there very good.

OG Jam, is exactly what you say, a mashup of OGs. No selection through the gens, wanted as many plants as possible for the most diverse seedline I could produce. That was the idea from the get go.

Sounds like you have a nice plan going for the summer.
Good luck to you my friend.

Should be a lot of vigor in there.
:popcorn:

really good bunch of varieties.kali mist..awesome shot at zingy weed...i hope summer is kind to you amigo

Awesome, freeheeler! I have a few locals that I "mentor" and give seeds and clones each year. At this point, they don't need much mentoring anymore, but I still answer their questions and provide genetics. It's a good thing to share the knowledge and "wealth," and sometimes I learn something new as well.

That BLR x Headband sounds really effin' nice. I'd like to smoke me some o dat!

Lol. Well this is still the full batch. Not yet sexed.

He said he will likely take your advice (on og vs blr cross), so at a minimum he’ll find a blr x headband male. But may still look for another male. He’s a sativa or hybrid fan so he’s even considering the kali mist... even though I know they’re an f2 and from there breeding can get less predictable at best.

He’s going to “play”, chuck, n have fun. Still inside. Conditioned for a couple hours outside this week and saw signs of “sunburn” so he’s taking it smart and slow.

Out of what sprouted he says the blr x hb has noticeably more vigor than others. More of an update when I get more from him.

Thanks again. And Russell says “thank your friends please, I’m blessed!”

Be well
Fh

Lol. Well this is still the full batch. Not yet sexed.

He said he will likely take your advice (on og vs blr cross), so at a minimum he’ll find a blr x headband male. But may still look for another male. He’s a sativa or hybrid fan so he’s even considering the kali mist... even though I know they’re an f2 and from there breeding can get less predictable at best.

He’s going to “play”, chuck, n have fun. Still inside. Conditioned for a couple hours outside this week and saw signs of “sunburn” so he’s taking it smart and slow.

Out of what sprouted he says the blr x hb has noticeably more vigor than others. More of an update when I get more from him.

Thanks again. And Russell says “thank your friends please, I’m blessed!”

Be well
Fh

F1 is for growers, you get 50/50, the F2 is were the special gals are found, best gen to see what’s in a line., it’s where the freaks are, lol.

Good luck to your buddy, he should have no problem with you mentoring him

C9B2DA50-ADB4-4156-84CF-E7541472DDB2.jpeg

5B1D2BE8-E065-4EEA-8A02-303DB5C828D4.jpeg

Greetings from R. up in Lyons who sends his thanks to all who supplied him with the gifted genetics here.

Field (deck) of dreams! Then
Close up of a black lime reserve x headband.
(At least a week old for both photos. )

Some never sprouted. Some were lost in a violent hail storm. But many made it! He’s in the home stretch, getting ready to trim.

Smoke reports to follow in October or November. There are at least four current or pst members here who have grown, seeded, and shared freely their work. This is one enormous thank you for my friend R. The aging ageless professional window cleaning hippie. He’s beyond excited and I’m doing my best to pass that on to you all.

Here’s to you all having a bountiful fall outdoors.

Be well smile often. And thanks again
Fh

Last edited:
Well well. Gotta say I kind of forgot about this for a minute. Thank you bf for the gentle nudge.

Been very sporadic. 18 and 16 year old and I don’t around them. So limited sessions.

In general, all sort of came out alike if you know what I mean. More similar in appearances than anything. But unlike when I hook up with well grown flower and there is significant differences, these were likely treated the same and grown the same. Not dialed. So they are more similar than I’d expected. Anyway.

To be fair, much of it has been great and back in the day would have been stellar and fun. And since covid my smell and taste has been messed up. So it could just be me.

I did give V some pm feedback on his ibg x c99. Came out nice. Sticky. No bubblegum happy. Social. Gentle mood enhancer.

Favorite of R. And myself for sure is the blr x hb.
Just had some. Flavor I get is some earthy spice, like a very small toke of haze maybe. Not as acrid. But there. A bit of old school flavor. Then there’s just a bit of menthol? Kinda mint not lime lol. Again. I’m bad at flavor.

Quick.to back of eyes for me. And nose. Slowly mellowing after 30 min. Has decent legs for me. Definitely potent enough. I know they yielded well too. I’d bet given the chance he’d grow more of these again this summer. (But he’ll be given a lot of other options lol)

Kali unfortunately didn’t impress. Still hoping she cures longer and well.

OG Jam! R calls it logjam. Because it’ll make a painter lose his paintbrush”. Indoor og well done is much better than this sample jar. But it’s far from dialed. medium potency. Would I smoke it? Yeah I’ll smoke the whole sample.

But there’s so much quality flower out there these that I enjoy these all as much for being R grown as for any thing else.

Again thank you you know whos. I will write more when I have more.
Be well. Smile often.
Fh

gracias senor……

life’s a rollercoaster at best and having some ganja to temper has been key….

ganj on…..

Well well. Gotta say I kind of forgot about this for a minute. Thank you bf for the gentle nudge.

Been very sporadic. 18 and 16 year old and I don’t around them. So limited sessions.

In general, all sort of came out alike if you know what I mean. More similar in appearances than anything. But unlike when I hook up with well grown flower and there is significant differences, these were likely treated the same and grown the same. Not dialed. So they are more similar than I’d expected. Anyway.

To be fair, much of it has been great and back in the day would have been stellar and fun. And since covid my smell and taste has been messed up. So it could just be me.

I did give V some pm feedback on his ibg x c99. Came out nice. Sticky. No bubblegum happy. Social. Gentle mood enhancer.

Favorite of R. And myself for sure is the blr x hb.
Just had some. Flavor I get is some earthy spice, like a very small toke of haze maybe. Not as acrid. But there. A bit of old school flavor. Then there’s just a bit of menthol? Kinda mint not lime lol. Again. I’m bad at flavor.

Quick.to back of eyes for me. And nose. Slowly mellowing after 30 min. Has decent legs for me. Definitely potent enough. I know they yielded well too. I’d bet given the chance he’d grow more of these again this summer. (But he’ll be given a lot of other options lol)

Kali unfortunately didn’t impress. Still hoping she cures longer and well.

OG Jam! R calls it logjam. Because it’ll make a painter lose his paintbrush”. Indoor og well done is much better than this sample jar. But it’s far from dialed. medium potency. Would I smoke it? Yeah I’ll smoke the whole sample.

But there’s so much quality flower out there these that I enjoy these all as much for being R grown as for any thing else.

Again thank you you know whos. I will write more when I have more.
Be well. Smile often.
Fh

Yeah that was a easy call, BLR, has time on that line.

Good to hear the OGJam didn’t disappoint, don’t imagine he ran very many of um, and like I said it would take a bit of searching for a good one.

Great feedback on all of um

Date I start a Gifted Seeds 2022 thread or merely tack on here? Heck I’ll keep it here I think.

New season upon us. R has germinated:
Red snake x blackberry widow (5 of 6)
Odx x c99 (6 of 6, most vigorous growth so far)
Blowfish F? Gen. (0 of 6. Old I guess. )
Black lime reserve x headband. (5 of 6. R had to grow it again he liked it so much)
One more, sorry I didn’t write name down and it wa gifted from OP while sampling last summers crop and his indoor so my memory isn’t 100. Something with runtz in it I believe? I’ll get it from R. But he got 6 of 6 to pop.

So he’s off to the races again.

Thanks again to all who have helped R out. He’s still flush w last years and is converting much to bubble hash which is fantastic. He will up size his 5 gallon buckets to ten gallon fabric (I think). Otherwise same spot. His deck.outside secluded Lyons.

More when I have more but for now a huge thank you again, and we’ll wishes to all of you sprouting for summer outdoor season!

Be well. Smile often.
Fh

Here’s a quick update without final strain counts!
Rainy day here today. They all look happy and healthy. I’ll report back at harvest with what strains and quantities ended up on his deck. Once again he’s happy and says thank you. As do I.

Appreciate you all.
Take care
Fh
612E889A-0C5A-4590-8F79-4E433FEB9B3F.jpg

Back