1st SCROG Questions

Just for reference I measured my old flower room and I had a 6’ x 3’ net with 6 5-gallon buckets under it. I only had access on one 6’ side which made it a pain.

I`ve never done a scrog grow before but i see you getting lots of sound advice....I like the chicken wire idea and i just might try that on the next grow....Good luck to you and your grow SB and take care n stay safe.

I`ve never done a scrog grow before but i see you getting lots of sound advice....I like the chicken wire idea and i just might try that on the next grow....Good luck to you and your grow SB and take care n stay safe.

Agree, great advice here.
Having done dozens of grows under chicken wire (1x1 foot and 14"x23"), can say it's not the easiest to work with, too tight for easy training (especially "brittle" strains), and probably better for smaller / tight spaces.
Here's an example of one with a fair bit of stretch under a small screen. The difficulty comes in the training, and having to pull down what has grown up and move it along before everything reaches its final destination. With tiny holes, if you leave it too long before a training cycle, it's a pita.
attachment.php

A bit larger spacing, with larger diameter wire/filament/divider, would resolve a number of the challenges/inefficiencies.
Given recent experience in the larger tent space, more comparable to the OP's situation, would affirm this.
For cases where SCROG makes sense, am moving to this, starting with 3" spacing and a second support tier. Units will be modular, holding (6) in a 4x8 tent.
The primary use cases for SCROG will be to 1) manage cultivars with significant stretch; and 2) for "production" runs of a cultivar, with much a greater "canopy area / plant" ratio.
The second point is sort of the antithesis of SOG, driven by legal plant limit constraints. When not training as SCROG, will take advantage of the support tier as a trellis. Each module can hold one or more plants (with similar characteristics such as flower time as discussed).

Reflecting on this topic recently, realize in past hadn't thought it through quite as much as it seemed then. Container size, for example, just had gotten lucky with selected setups that were in a good range. Still learnin'..

For SCROG screen inspiration, there's this museum exhibit for the kiddos to crawl through. It's about 20 feet tall (three sections high if I recall).
Anyway, looking at this thing, could just imagine the screens laying down, full of plants!! They'd be perfect, and the workmanship is superb.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ha! Only potheads (who grow) can see possibilities like this. McGuyver’ing everyday objects, bending them to your will, for what once was nefarious/illegal gains.

Now that it’s out in the open, few new to the scene can imagine us older heads imagination and ingenuity. Necessity is the mother of invention? Yep. Or at least mother of repurposing. Lol.

All good advice here. I used 1/2” pvc, mini screw in eye bolts at 2” apart, then ran a single string through them back and forth. Come harvest time, cut the string in a few places and pull it out. No fighting with the screen or buying more.

Fh

Ha! Only potheads (who grow) can see possibilities like this. McGuyver’ing everyday objects, bending them to your will, for what once was nefarious/illegal gains.

Now that it’s out in the open, few new to the scene can imagine us older heads imagination and ingenuity. Necessity is the mother of invention? Yep. Or at least mother of repurposing. Lol.

All good advice here. I used 1/2” pvc, mini screw in eye bolts at 2” apart, then ran a single string through them back and forth. Come harvest time, cut the string in a few places and pull it out. No fighting with the screen or buying more.

Fh

Love it!! Nice setup too.
Will have to post pics of a converted Power Mac ("Vintage" now, ha), held two bonsai moms, or a mom and 4-6 rooting cuts (typical rotation w/ two parent super-stealth rotating moms), think it was under 15 watts, haha. Posted image of similar case.

Thought would include couple images of the screen from the Armoir with chicken wire, if it helps for more ideas.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• powerMac.jpg
    powerMac.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 24
Back