Rebel Grown - Hill Rich - breeding project

I’ll leave the story telling to @Ganja D but here we have Island Mountain Headband f5 x Double OG Chem f5. The island mountain headband selection used I’ve come to know as C0143. She was selected from the fields in Vermont in 2022. The clone was tested indoors, hooped and full term this past 2023 season. We put one 143 clone in this seasons Double OG Chem breeding hoop and will be documenting making f2, an open pollination or something in between.

This is Hill Rich.

390CD020-6912-410D-8D14-B02ABF0C54D2.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg
Little update from this Hill Rich (Island Mountain Headband f5 x Doubke OG Chem f5) selections and breeding project.
They’re looking good.
Going to take some notes on the individuals and make male selections, then clone everything.
Still figuring out the plan, but it looks like we will use the clones to test them out and make in-cross seeds, as well as back-cross to both the keeper Island Mountain Headband mom, the award winning Double OG Chem 15. We’ll also throw in some other clones for new hybrids.
Plants caretaken and photo by @GoodPeopleGardens.

Aside from this, getting ready to list new seed offerings and where you can find them.
#rebelgrown

1854d045-8058-4b6e-90c0-a312f393d51e-jpeg.357013

Attachments

• 1854D045-8058-4B6E-90C0-A312F393D51E.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 82
Even though uniform and all looking pretty stellar in my opinion, half of the males were eliminated by Dan last week. Selections were made based upon nose primarily and then nitpicking structure and other growth characteristics. Dan knows both of these lines like you or I know the back of our hands. He sees certain things in leaf structure and characteristics that only an experienced eye and keen memory would notice.

3 days ago these were all flipped. 6 guys along with all 12 girls will make a fairly open f2 population. Doc15 and island mountain headband 143 are also in here for the backcrosses.

Today Elvis also entered the building.

3D99E7CB-A7B9-493D-8401-034DF061DC10.jpeg

I’ll leave the story telling to @Ganja D but here we have Island Mountain Headband f5 x Double OG Chem f5. The island mountain headband selection used I’ve come to know as C0143. She was selected from the fields in Vermont in 2022. The clone was tested indoors, hooped and full term this past 2023 season. We put one 143 clone in this seasons Double OG Chem breeding hoop and will be documenting making f2, an open pollination or something in between.

This is Hill Rich.

View attachment 355569
Are you still located in VT? I lived in Montpelier for about 8 months when I was a junior in high school, 86/87. In more recent times, I used to make a yearly beer run around my birthday. I'd start at the co-op in Montpelier on the days cases were sold, get a case of Heady and a couple 4 packs of Sip of Sunshine, head to Hill Farmstead to fill my growlers, and then swing over to Burlington and stop at Fiddlehead on my way south. Good times, lol.

Back