Reasons to Foliar Feed!

I am quite surprised to see so many of you going straight to the "secret" instead of preparing yourselves first with a little knowledge. Less than 15% of at this point have even looked at this thread or even the other three that is where the real secrets are at! Please this was put together so we as a whole have a better understanding of our plants. Thanks and remember we are all born to grow!

my reasons to foliar feed.

-disease resistance
-hydration
-nutrient uptake
-pest resistance
-increased photosynthesis
-plant respiration in the form of amino acids opening stomas.

good links ill go through them, foliar spraying is the best!

Good looking out dycan ,you would think peeps would show more appreciation in the past 9 months this thread has been open. well i will thank you as im always lookin for peeps that will let me eat all there knowledge on the plant that i dont already know so ty.

ps just wondering if ya caught me in the root section first lol.

dcyans Thank You for takeing the time to post some of the best info I've read in a very long time!!! I did take the time to read from start to finish and I also took alot of notes!

I have foliar fed in the past but only Alfalfa Juice, a homemade growth hormone from alfalfa. It works very well to boost plant size, stem, leaves, and only used in the vegatative stage! Thanks to your thread I'll be trying out your Rocket Fuel and foliar feeding will become a regular part of my grow regiment! I will also foliar feed if I ever spot a deficiancy to get a JUMP at the problem!!!

Thanks Again, Don :up:

Just a quick question dycans! What stages of plant growth will benifit most from foliar feeding with the compost tea? Thanks for your reply!!! Don

I went to get the stuff to make your secret recipe ... but didn't have the cash.

I got the Nitrozyme, had the B-52, and used Coco Wet instead of Agri-2. The rest will have to wait. Just too pricey.

Just a quick question dycans! What stages of plant growth will benifit most from foliar feeding with the compost tea? Thanks for your reply!!! Don
Compost is highest in nitrogen so I'd have to say vegetative growth. ;)

Also Bob should consider Dutch Masters Folitech's in the long run they may be cheaper and way more convenient.

Thanks dycans!!! Bob you might be able to substitiue the growth hormone with Alfalfa Juice a homemade growth hormone.

Pick up alfalfa from most pet stores or feed stores, such as in and for rabbits or other small mammals. Mix a small handfull with luke warm water and let soak overnight, spray foliage with this strained liquid or add to the formula about an houe before lights on or off, the next day spray foliage with phed water as a sort of rince. Never mix more than you need for one feeding and toss the rest ASAP!!! If you try to keep it around it will stink to the high heavens and I DO MEAN STINK!!!!!!! But not is used as above! This will greatly increase your plants growth stem size foliage, use only in the veg stage as it does nothing in the flowering stage! It will beef up your plants like no tomorrow!!! it's an inexpensve method and works great!!! Just my :2cents: Hope you find this usefull, Don

Any time I can help I try! Definatly keep it in mind for future reference it really works great and you can treat 10 plants thru their vegatative stage for about $3.79 ;):confetti:

Thanks for taking the time to give a nice run down on all the parts eof the plant.Very good reading and very informative. :salut:

Great post dc.....we all have our reasons, some being based on the relevant facts exposed and some bein people just do it cause they're told it works. Great post and foliar on brother....

Grow on grow on

I've been simply astonished by the results of supplemental foliar feed! If one wants to take the extra time it is extremely well rewarding! Not to sure about alfalfa as far as extreme growth it has its place alright but it very limited in it's makeup compared to the technology now days. That secret recipe has had great results in it's day but these days we have very effective formulas pre-made that are even more effective at a fraction of the cost.

I posted a few pics of how foliar has made my harvest well over 25% heavier and larger a month or two ago and never heard a peep from anyone about my success...maybe folks are just stuck in their groove and feel they "got it goin on" and don't wneed help...one look at the comparrison pics and theres no doubt, foliar is a must for yeild:cigar2:

Back