Whiteflies late flower

dBMachine

I've never had whiteflies before but I'm in late-late flower and they are there. I'm about a week away from harvest so I've been afraid to spray or really do much. I've tried spraying with plain RO water to knock them down as well as sucking them up with a vacuum.

It's not that bad but if you shake the plants a few fly out. I saw pictures of other people's infestation where the entire undersides of the leaves are covered and mine are nowhere even close to being that bad.

I have a small veg tent and two small flower tents in my lung room. The whiteflies seem to prefer one of the flower tents full of one specific strain. I never found a single whitefly in my second flower tent and only a few stragglers in the veg tent. I'm spraying the veg tent plants with soapy neem. The second flower tent is free for another cycle so I'm going to wash it down and transfer a hopefully bug-free plant ASAP.

So my main question is, will the whiteflies continue eating my plant after I harvest and hang for dry? The buds still look great. Are there precautions I should take? My harvest isn't ruined, is it?

Are they going to infect two other "clean" tents after I harvest this one? And is it normal for them to prefer a specific strain or plant? My other tents have different strains.

Thanks! I've never dealt with pests in late flower before.

The enzyme + citrate salt products work well on soft bodied insects in late flower. But the enzymes in bottled products new really survive due to their short shelf life. I would spray with RO water, citric acid, and maybe some live enzyme source like ACV or kombucha. Spraying real well on the undersides of leaves.

i used to use basic pyrethrum garden spray made with chrysanthemums Flowers you can find at any garden section.. dose them down then hit them with a bamboo stick to get them to fly around and they land on top the wet leaves and die. Then finish your crop and dont let them fly everywhere.. spray tent down and let sit empty for a week. Tent easier to deal with then a room full.

But deep in flower if only a few I'd just finish out the crop ..

Thanks all! I finished out the crop and only use the occasional RO water spray.

The plants sat in darkness for a couple days just because I didn't get to them. Seems like that alone knocked a few of them back during harvest.

After dry is finished I think I should be good to clean for another run!

Back