when to stop fertilizing

ChowderHead

Reefer Chronic
My plants just completed their 7th week of flowering. I think they'll go at least 9 as there is almost zero red hairs. So when do I hold the nutes and use just water?

i start plain water (well, RO water with epsom salts and a touch of organic molasses) at week 7

Agreed with all of the others, your good now. My only $.02 is to pick up a cheap loop (maybe 30x) and keep an eye on the trics instead of the hairs. I also like to harvest in phases to see how I prefer it (personal preference) e.g. mostly cloudy, all cloudy with some amber and then with more amber. In my setup (soil/organic nutes) most things go close to 70 days for my liking.

yes totally agree. The pistils will turn darker if you are overfeeding too, not just with maturity. Get a microscpoe and check the trichs. I harvest when they are 50/50 cloudy/amber

Ok. Got it. No more fert. Just watered them today. Thanks for the solid advice. I gotta a dissecting scope and will check out the trichome like said

Attachments

• 20201206_160813.jpg
    20201206_160813.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 14
Of course they say the camera makes you look 10LBs heavier��������

HA HA HA HA.... they look amazing dude. love the bondage, I'm into too.. lol.

A few questions, and sorry if you've already mentioned it, what type of ferts you using? because if your using salt based and cannot do a real flushing of running gallons of water
thru it until it clears up, then you should maybe look at a flushing agent like Kleen by GH nutes (example).

If running organics, then just switching to pure water with some runoff you should be fine.

And, don't worry if you start seeing leaf material changing color, this is a good thing as the plant begins to steal all the mobile elements within the plant it can in attempt to survive.
Like Olday stated, almost no strains are ready ahead of 70 days.. my buddy was running all his 60 and the 10 extra days made all the difference in every aspect of the buddage..

Hey Cartman. Thanks for the words. I'm using ocean forest soil and fox farm nutes. Grow big, big bloom and Tiger bloom according to the ff recs.

Got about 8 or 9% red hairs now

Hey Cartman. Thanks for the words. I'm using ocean forest soil and fox farm nutes. Grow big, big bloom and Tiger bloom according to the ff recs.

Got about 8 or 9% red hairs now

Your getting so close.. if possible use a loop on the trich heads. If not, wait for the hairs to all pull in and the buds to begin looking like they are getting little rosebuds on them all over.
As long as your seeing the buds going thru color changes and adding on a little weight, keep pushing them. Bro there is nothing like spending all this time on a grow only to pluck them even a day or 2 early and not get the results you wanted from all that hard work. Been there myself as it's easy to do.

Rule, if you think they are done, go another week... if the description says 60 days.. that was their fastest pheno, in hydro and best conditions...

I do this, take a close up shot of your plant with good light behind it, then open the photo and expand it, good way to check trich's ok.... enjoy dem nuggies

Reactions: bil
Back