Whats your best guess? Heat, PH or over fed?

BCW1

Great Lakes Med user
Curious what you all think. This plant is getting a little worse by the day. Its a 1 month of LBL and some of the tips are burning back a lot like 3/8" back and if anything I thought I was under feeding them. I do have some heat issues and ventilation issues but added homemade CO2 which may help with heat but not ventilation. I would also say my humidity is very low? Maybe 20-30% so maybe take all that into consideration. The other LBL's are stellar.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 6
I posted a few in Witch Doctor yesterday and had 18 views lol but no one dared take a guess I guess lol.

I can take new ones to show the tip burn back that progressed over night. I would be shocked if it is over feed but possible. Might be sensitive

Attachments

• lblyellow2.jpg
    lblyellow2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 4
  • yello2.jpg
    yello2.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 4
  • yellow1.jpg
    yellow1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1
I just took these 5 min ago for you : ) Thanks for having a look!

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 2
No prob and thanks. It is possible but last thing I would have thought. I have fed them twice in a month GH Flora series Lucas ration for Floro and they are under 400+ watts but 5,10 per gal. Unless the new roots organic soil I up potted them in is hot. But again very possible and part of me wanted to think that as well with the tip burn but having only fed them twice I really thought I was under feeding them.

Thanks Annaba

For good measure I just flushed it. Cant hurt I suppose just really struggling with being over fed but some of the signs are there for sure. Possibly just a picky eater.

Run off was spot on PH wise and until seeing the tip burn back almost over night I really thought a mix between heat and PH/root zone issue but I don't know of any lockout that would show burn back like that. So it is flushed and will keep eye on her going forward.

Thanks again

I would have guessed it was an over feeding issue as well, exasperated by low humidity and higher heat levels. I'll be interested to see how the flush works or how it's resolved.

Actually, if your in soil, you need to test both ppms an pH in a 50/50 slurry of your soil an distilled water, not runoff...that's a hydro thing, an is not at all accurate in soil.

I've heard of measuring the pH of soil this way, didn't realise it'd test PPM as I assumed nutrient availability of soil was much more complicated (true soil, not inert soilless mediums like coco or peat moss) due to the various forms that nutrients come in, which is why lab tests where needed. Is it done in exactly the same way as testing the pH or is the procedure different? As I switch from soilless mediums to living soil it'd be awesome to learn how to use my EC meter as I assumed it was just becoming obsolete.

It very well could be and I too thought if it was the higher heat and low RH is part of it. The soil drys fairly quickly with the low RH and hotter temps so I did another flush and fed all the others day we shall see in a day or two. Hard to control this closet environment but it is actually a perfect size and it may become a clone or pre veg type spot. I may install a bathroom fan to vent to the attic wife will love that.

Thanks all I will post pics and updates I appreciate the thoughts

The leafs look very dark green but the new growth looks diff.. almost looks like Nitrogen Toxicity.. and also make sure this is not the

plant getting hit directly by your fan.. they do weird things.. lol. this pheno might just be a finicky girl. Give her a flush and cut nutes

in half see what happens.

luck

what is the ph/ppms of your run off?

without that info ..its ?????

cartman: fan blowing can do that yes..

Hey all thanks and I will get some pics up as soon as possible. I was suppose to leave town but canceled my plans. To my surprise I think the flush worked. I agree my leaves on all my plants even being different strains some of them all had a very dark green which certainly be a sign of toxicity and crossed my mind but at first when leaves were perfect I dismissed this. But I really do think that the flush did good and it must have been over fed or had some sort of toxicity build up. I saw some immediate growth after a day or two that almost reminds me of the stretch. There are two shoots that others like 4-6 inches in a couple of days and I as often as possible turn my plants under the light and also rotate them into different positions so I am sort of also shocked with these shoots growing some much so quickly almost if the toxicity or root zone issue whatever it was holding them back and the flush in an exaggerated way shot them up.

I do have a fan that a couple fans get hammered pretty well but this plant is not one that I have ever rotated to that end of the closet but I do know what you mean. The fan blowing heavily on them doesn't help with higher temps, bad ventilation and low humidity I know this for sure and it is a must that I get them into the bigger and better room but the electrician who is wiring this room and some others areas of my garage for me is family and hasn't been very dependable which has been my experience with just about all and every type of contractors I have hired in the past. Gives strength to the adage of if you want something done do it yourself?

I will get some pics of and I want to thank you all for your insight and help. I went into this saying there is no way I have over fed them and was struggling with thinking that I really haven't even began to feed them really. One thing I have found out at least I think I have is Ocean Forest as decent of soil as it is I believe is a little weak as far as available nutrients and Roots Organic just may be my new soil if I decide to not go back to hydro one day soon or Coco which I don't see myself doing but Roots will be the soil I use for moms and other misc parts of grows. All the plants I have in Roots all seem to be doing a bit better than the ones in Oceans FF. So my end conclusion may have to be that Roots has enough nutrients that a couple of feedings was too much and or this particular phenol of LBL may be a bit sensitive? Whatever it really was I do believe we are back to good and again thanks for all the input!

But I really do think that the flush did good and it must have been over fed or had some sort of toxicity build up. I saw some immediate growth after a day or two that almost reminds me of the stretch.
That's a pretty good indication that a lock-out situation existed...whether it was caused by excess salt build up or pH issues.

I went into this saying there is no way I have over fed them...
It's not necessarily over feeding them. Many times it can be due to an improper balance of nutrients in the ferts being used. Plants will only take up the nutrients they want, and leave the rest behind...excess salts. Over time those salts will build up, and eventually start blocking the plant's access to the nutrients it wants...which then speeds up the lock-out because those salts are now stuck in the medium too.

I always seemed to have the best results if I flushed when the plants went to flower, and again half way through flower. :)

My conclusion is that with the higher heat temps and very low humidity plants in this environment transpire much quicker than plants in more ideal environments. I believe this led to salt build up and ultimately either a lock out of toxicity probably more tox. I will get some pictures up ad the flush really helped there is no question about it. This plant almost like it stored up a bunch of energy and once released has shot up quickly.

Purchased some new light systems last night and they should arrive Tuesday ish. I bought 2 ipower 1000 HPS and also a couple new Hydrofarm radiant reflectors. I have always had great light coverage and penetration with the radiant hoods and wish I wouldn't have loaned my old ones out. I have always wanted to try the XXXL Raptors but I think the radiants will penetrate through the canopy better as it is a smaller foot print and more directed light.

Anyone ever use the ipower products? I typically like to use the top of the line and like to go first class as much as possible but I can buy 3 complete systems of Ipower to say one of a Hydrofarm system or even Sun systems. Hope they are good enough to get me through a first flower.

Peace

Hey Bob brother sorry I missed you guys when you were up. I was at my shop most of the day fixing our shop truck that my brother rear ended a lady with. I rely heavily on that truck and cannot afford to go find another at the moment. Hope to meet you next time man.

Stay cool!

Here are some updated pics. I think the really dark green is transitioning to a more healthy lighter green and there is no burn back at all. I will try and feed them again this week. They have to be in flower room end of this week they are getting bigger than I really wanted them to at this time. I have always like growing bushes but for time management I don't want them getting too much bigger.

Thanks again all

Attachments

• image3 (1).jpg
    image3 (1).jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image2 (3).jpg
    image2 (3).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2
Hey Bob brother sorry I missed you guys when you were up.
Hope to meet you next time man.
Is all good. Alabaster filled me in. There will be more opportunities...my bro lives over by GR so I'm over that way a fair amount. We were discussing doing some kind of group get together this summer, because there are so many of us MI folks in here.:)

Back