what kind of Ballast are you using?

mtnjohn

yeah baby!!!
Hey everybody, what kind of Ballast's are y'all using?

Digital or Magnetic? I've been thinking about a Digital 600w Ballast ...but then I've read that they don't last like the old school Magnetic Ballasts. Any other Pro's or Cons with either?

what brands of Digital Ballasts are good/best?

please, share your experiences

thanks all

mj

A salvaged 20+ year old magnetic multy tap 1000w can be wired 110,220, 280 even 3 phase. Heavy, noisy and will run hot on 110v but 220 not to bad. Damn near indestructible. It's still running the same igniter as when I pulled it 17 years ago.

digital these days...because I live in a digital world :) One huge advantage of the digital ballast is the ability to switch out HPS or MH whatever flavour you want and they are silent too.

I use both.I have a 600w mag that refuses to die.I also have 2 digi 400s.One is an IPower,and it serves as a backup ballast.I also have a Solis-Tek that I paid less than $40 for new.I'd like to go led eventually....but that 600w Magnetic will probably outlast me. :)

I guess I have a "run what ya brung" mentality.

I use magnetic. KISS is the way to go. On top of that the electric Co can't "see" my magnetic like it can a diggi...

I run Nanolux Cubes ( digital ) I like that I can switch bulbs and also dim down to four hundred watts if I want to . They are still passe by light setups these days

There are new digital ballasts that will automatically dim if temps get to hot . The technology is hard to keep up with but a real plus for the grower.

I'm also running 20 year old mag ballasts (600w) but looking to switch one out for two 315w cmH's after the next crop. After seeing what they did at a buddies place I figure it's worth testing, plus it'd give better coverage for my footprint if they compare/exceed the old tech.

I run all ACE ballasts . So far so GREAT at cheap price .
If you dont like the color to fade out of your paint dont keep inside grow room
:2c:

I’m a hps/cmh blender. Using digital phantoms and galaxys with subsystems in good cmh ballast.

I bought a elc ballast Lumtack it just gave out and I had it for about eight years old,for me they just don't last as long as the anlong ballasts oh well

Back