what Carbon Filter is the best?

Green gators are solid. Not sure if they are still in business? I love them because they just work great. Not sure why they are not more popular?

are y'all sick of lugging those huge, heavy carbon filters around yet? The last time i had to haul a can150 out of my basement i said i was done.

I went and got one of these and haven't looked back. It's been running for 6 years now and i love it. It is exhausted through a basement window and out of my house and you can't smell any green.

are y'all sick of lugging those huge, heavy carbon filters around yet? The last time i had to haul a can150 out of my basement i said i was done.

I went and got one of these and haven't looked back. It's been running for 6 years now and i love it. It is exhausted through a basement window and out of my house and you can't smell any green.

Like Dandaweedman said one of what?

Do they have units that work for smaller areas than 20,000 square feet? I see it's adjustable. Those units don't discharge any ozone into the room. They just treat the exhaust. Which is what I like. I don't think you'd want to have ozone indoors. How much does a unit like that cost to run 24/7?

Alabaster , just go there and do a search for Uvonair . They have one that`ll treat 1000 cu ft . $169 and only uses the same electric as a 100 watt bulb .
peace

In the winter it’s hard to make up the air going out. Like burning out water heater hard.
When I set it up to make up the load evenly the house was about 16 C which makes the furnace work all the time which costs. I had been shutting down the HRV for the winter attempting to minimize the issue but the extra air has to come from somewhere and the chimney is an easy victim.
Down the chimney and when the water heater is burning it pushes the hot air outward instead of up the chimney heating up all the wrong things.
I had 2 6” passive intakes and a 6” powered but had to shut down the powered. Still have the 2 Passive.

Um yeah. So that’s why.

Wow! And I thought it was just a play on words, but you're serious. Sounds like a complex situation. Too tough for me to handle. Good luck though, Dan! :puffpuffpass:

Sorry :)
I have it sorted. Brand new furnace and water heater that are power vented and a new can filter every 10-12 months.
I just stay away from mountain air as they don’t seem to make it past 6months.

Do they have units that work for smaller areas than 20,000 square feet? I see it's adjustable. Those units don't discharge any ozone into the room. They just treat the exhaust. Which is what I like. I don't think you'd want to have ozone indoors. How much does a unit like that cost to run 24/7?

yes you HAVE to exhuats it out of the house. no way around that.

Alabaster , just go there and do a search for Uvonair . They have one that`ll treat 1000 cu ft . $169 and only uses the same electric as a 100 watt bulb .
peace

running 3K watts and about 20 plants overpowered the smaller unit very quickly. There's one oth the 2 ozone discharge light bulbs i found that wasn't enough and bought the bigger one. I have the single cell 8 inch inline and you can smell a little ozone near the window where it's exhausted and that's it. Before I installed it, i could smell the plants while standing at my front door.

Back